Problems with charging on room card

Also, on the bill you will be able to tell who charged what. The charges will have 1 or 2 beside each charge that lets you know if card one or card two made that charge.

Another plus for using the room key charge is that many of the WDW shops & restaurants print out your charge card number on the charge slip. Sometimes these slips fall into the wrong hands or are not destroyed properly. Six months later someone in Orlando may be charging on your credit card. This can't happen with the room keys as the little plastic card is printed with your check out date and is no longer valid after that date. I just felt it was an extra precaution I could take to protect my charge card number. At the end of the trip I just charged one BIG slip at the check out desk.
By the way - I picked up this tip off this board.

Ditto:

The best part about charging to the room is that you don't have those Disney credit card receipts floating around in your pocket, purse, etc. They are too easy to drop and (unless they've changed this lately) they are the kind of receipts that ACTUALLY HAVE YOUR FULL CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT NUMBER printed on them!:rolleyes: Not a GOOD THING!

We've been charging to the room key for 9+ years and have NEVER had a discrepancy.

I've used the room charge almost exclusively on 11 of my 13 trips (2 trips the room was not in my name), 1994 to present. Never had a problem. If we are in a hotel where access to the lobby is easy (example - Boardwalk) I will ask for a printout a day or so before checkout just to double check it. If not, I just wait until checkout morning when we get the bill on the door. I've never been asked for a photo ID but they almost always compare the signature (for merchandise).

We definitely use the room charge. It is the easiest and most convenient and we have NEVER had a problem. We also never had anyone ever ask us for ID.

We went over Labor Day weekend and charged to our room. If was a very conveinent. I did not have to worry about all my credit cards or cash. We took a little amount of cash everyday to the parks for little things. We had no problem with items not being charged to our room. This was the first time that we had used this and we will use it when we go back.

I have used the room charge on every trip I have taken to WDW and staying on property. one other plus for me is, I would get a printout almost every morning and I would check and see how I was doing within my budget. I have gone alot of times with certain amount of money I could spend. So I use it to see if I am doing good or bad. It lets me know if I have some extra money at the end of the trip to maybe get something extra or nice for myself or someone else.

We always us our room key and have never had a problem...have missed placed our room key manytimes during a trip and a quick phone call turns off the key immediately....gotta love that....

Have used this service for each of our trips and have never had a problem.

I used a room key that didn't have my name on it. I signed the back and could use it for anything. They never asked for ID. They never really inspected the signature to see that the names didn't match. In fact, they would call my by the name on the card, not the name I signed. I wouldn't leave it in the hands of CM's!

Having said that, If you want added security in case you lose your card, set a limit at the front desk. Once your limit is met, no charges are allow until the room key is swept to a CC.

I was told at a Sears store that if you sign your charge cards "See ID" that they will then have to check your ID. You might want to check with the front desk when you check in but maybe that would relieve your mind about someone finding your resort card and charging on it. They would have to present matching ID to charge on it--in theory anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter