• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Problems with Character calls today?

calliest

Asante Sana, squash banana
12/25

So it is Christmas day and our character call never came through! We are so baffled. We did everything we were told to do, we even used our landline which gets crazy spam calls all the time so I know there is no block and is 100% working properly. I tried going to the help page for whatever 3rd party company does the calls and it will not load.

DCL is closed for the holiday. We are super bummed.

Anyone else having trouble today? DH thought it could be a Christmas day overload?

DH thought it could be a Christmas day overload?

That would be my guess, too. I don’t remember if you can go back into the details - can you double-check that it was scheduled for AM and not PM? That’s the type of error I might make without realizing it.

Hopefully the call will come through eventually. Enjoy your cruise!

Ours didn’t come last year either. I tried and tried, then we got like four calls that afternoon. It was a major bummer.

We tried the Christmas day character call to announce the cruise as a gift. This was two Christmases ago. Never came. It was very disappointing!!

Oh what a bummer! Sorry I don't have any ideas to help, but I hope you can at least get it at some point. Good luck!

Can't you have it happen on demand? Can you go back in and ask for another and set it for immediately?

I bet it was Christmas overload.....can you imagine how many calls were probably going out today! I don't pretend to know how it all works but maybe the on demand calls overwhelmed the scheduled calls.

MJ

We had one scheduled for today at 10:00 a.m. and it never came as well. I am glad we did not rely on that as the gift reveal for the kids!

And others had the opposite problem. People posting on another board they got 30-40 calls. Lol

Ours never came either. We tried redoing it twice to "immediately" and kept getting an email saying it didn't work. Multiple phone numbers. It was very disappointing as that's how we had planned to reveal the cruise. It is what it is but I wasn't happy about it.

Can't you have it happen on demand? Can you go back in and ask for another and set it for immediately?
I tried that! The on-demand call never came in. And just tried again today, never came through. I emailed the company "V Blast" and havent yet gotten reply.

We had one scheduled for today at 10:00 a.m. and it never came as well. I am glad we did not rely on that as the gift reveal for the kids!
Ugh same! We went back and forth with Christmas surprise vs day-of surprise at the port (we live next to wdw).

We had ours scheduled for 9am. Never happened, but at 5pm they called over 10 times!

We were scheduled for 10am. Never happened. Glad my kids already knew about the cruise and it wasn't part of a reveal. I didn't even mention the missed to call to anyone. I'll reschedule, maybe for DD's bday in 2 weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter