• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Private VIP Tour, and Maybe Some Advice Too? UPDATE: TOUR BOOKED: Still need help with plans!

KJeff90

Mouseketeer
QUICK UPDATE 5/14 10:15pm PST: We booked the Private VIP Tour! Check out post #9 for the details about how I booked it, and when we booked it for.

Hey There Friends! I come with the warning that this might be a long post. This could be possible because I hope to; include as much details about my situation (not too much), and I tend to get long-winded in general. So like in other posts I've made, feel empowered to grab a snack for the journey, and feel free to blast some reading-motivation music if there is such a thing (I strongly suggest something from the Black Panther soundtrack, you'll see what I mean). Well if you've made it this far, thank you. If you want to skip the origin story, and want to get straight to the good stuff, please head on over to the bold-font paragraphs

So, right now I have the Ultimate Day of Thrills VIP Tour booked for my party of 8. With discounts and such included, it comes out to about $2,250 for 10 attractions of priority access. The thing is, that we're based in California and have access to Disneyland. 7 of the 10 attractions have a cousin-version (not totally identical-twin) of itself, here, on the West Coast. Of those 7, 3 have an almost identical attraction experience sans the queue experience (the thing we're trying to bypass in the first place). While I understand that experiences between these cousin attractions are not exactly alike, there may be a more versatile product out there.

Well, glory to Bast (hey look, a Black Panther reference), I found something; Private VIP Tours. It took two paragraphs to tell you something you already found out in the thread title; I apologize. Right now, we’re scheduled for a 6 night/7 day trip for early August of this year. The quoted price I received per hour for the time we’re going is $500/hour with a 7 hour minimum, which comes out to $3,500, $1,250 more than the Ultimate Day of Thrills VIP tour. It does cost more, but the appeal and value appears to be the ability to customize, repeat, and choose other attractions than those listed on the UDoTVT (that’s a very clunky abbreviation).

I think at this point, it is fairly certain that we’re going to be cancelling the Ultimate Day of Thrills VIP Tour reservations we have booked. I look to you, great people of the DIS, for your recommendations as to what day and time I should book this 7 (maybe 8) hour experience. Below will be a list of tentative parks I have planned, pre-Private VIP Tour booking, and some other things that are booked at this point, along with overall notes of our trip.

GENERAL NOTES:
  • We will only have one opportunity to visit Hollywood Studios for the entirety of our trip. Whatever day this Private VIP Tour is, will be that Day.
  • We have attractions we want to see in all the 4 parks; all the mountains at MK (including 7DMT); Slinky Dog Coaster, Tower of Terror, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster at HS; Frozen Ever After, Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Mission: Space at Epcot; and almost every attraction at Animal Kingdom(most importantly Pandora).
  • With the previous bullet mentioned, if we need to limit our parks, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios would be our priorities.
  • We are staying at Bay Lake Tower.
  • We’ll want to use the Private VIP Tour-day to see Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular
  • Other than the show mentioned above, the only other shows we intend to see (but not a must) include Festival of the Lion King and Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular.
  • We’re all in our mid-20s, except for one 17 year-old.
  • I think we’ll be limiting ourselves to a Table Service meal either before/after the tour time, and a Quick Service meal on whatever day this Private VIP Tour Happens.

DAY 1 - Arrival Day (Wednesday)
  • MCO Arrival at 6:30am (Red-Eye from Los Angeles)
  • Epcot
  • Magic Kingdom
  • ‘Ohana Reservation for Breakfast ADR @~9am
  • Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing (Reserved/Paid For)

DAY 2 (Thursday)

• Animal Kingdom
  • Typhoon Lagoon (H2O Glow Nights, Tickets already bought, Event starts at officially at 8pm, Can enter/mix-in as early as 7pm)
  • Sanaa Lunch ADR @~Noon

DAY 3 (Friday)

• Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios (Was originally Ultimate Day of Thrills VIP Tour-day)
  • 1900 Park Fare Dinner ADR @~6pm

DAY 4 (Saturday)

• Epcot
  • Garden Grill Breakfast ADR @~10am
  • Illuminations Fireworks Cruise (Reserved/Paid For)

DAY 5 (Sunday)

• Magic Kingdom
  • Brunch at the Top at the California Grill ADR @~11am

DAY 6 (Monday)

• Animal Kingdom
  • Tusker House Reservation with RoL Viewing Dinner ADR @~4pm

DAY 7- Departure Day (Tuesday)

• Epcot or Magic Kingdom
  • The Wave Breakfast ADR @~8am
  • Flight back home leaves @7pm, (Magical Express anticipated for 4pm-ish)
So, what day do you think we should try to book this VIP Private Tour? Past experience, what we can actually accomplish in 7 (maybe 8) hours, and overall advice is strongly encouraged to be shared. At this point, I think we’re past choosing if we should do it; so please try to be positive and discuss when, where and how we should go about this. I’m excited to read what your thoughts are!

Last edited:
I've read through your itinerary. If you are going to cancel the Day of Thrills, then why don't you just replace it with the VIP tour? Same day, etc. This way, you don't have to rearrange your other existing reservations. Can the dinner at 1900 Park Fare be moved to a later time? Unless you're going for the character interaction, this could just be replaced with a different dining experience if you can't move it to a later time.

Have a great trip! WDW is definitely different than Disneyland even though there are cousin-attractions. When we visited Disneyland, we loved the fact that we could easily go between the parks. While you can move between the different parks, it takes a lot longer because WDW is so much larger.

I would do it on Day 5. By then, you will have have gone to all of the parks and will know what you have missed, so far, and what you want to experience again. You'll need to schedule the tour so that the hours cover the time when the Star Wars fireworks start so you can access to any preferred viewing areas, so this means, you can probably keep your Brunch at the Top reservation and do the tour later. I would try to see Lion King and Indiana Jones on another day so you aren't wasting precious VIP ride time sitting and watching shows.

Have you considered staying Club Level at one of the resorts and simply paying for the extra FP+ and preferred nighttime show viewing that is available to CL guests? It may come in cheaper than a $3500 VIP tour.

I would do it Day 3 or 5. Once you do the tour it may free up some time on other days.

Also, while you don’t give dates it’s got to be after TSL opens. I think having the tour will be the greatest benefit for this portion of the trip. We saw Pandora on opening weekend and people were waiting 3 hours just to get in. Having that guide walk you by the lines will be so worth it.

Based on the fact that you want the SWaGS as part of your VIP experience, then calculated back your 7 or 8 hours you're looking to start this tour early afternoon. Based on that and the other plans you already have on your itinerary, then Day 3 or 5 are your best options. If you go with Day 3, you would have to give up your 1900 PF ADR. If you went with Day 5, you may still be able to do that Cali Grill lunch and have your VIP tour pick up point be there.

As for your plans, to me it looks like a lot for 7 or 8 hours, but having never done a VIP tour, I'm not entirely sure how much they can pack in for you. Once you book it, you can pass along your wish list to them and they will work with you to get the itinerary built.

I've read through your itinerary. If you are going to cancel the Day of Thrills, then why don't you just replace it with the VIP tour? Same day, etc. This way, you don't have to rearrange your other existing reservations. Can the dinner at 1900 Park Fare be moved to a later time? Unless you're going for the character interaction, this could just be replaced with a different dining experience if you can't move it to a later time.

Have a great trip! WDW is definitely different than Disneyland even though there are cousin-attractions. When we visited Disneyland, we loved the fact that we could easily go between the parks. While you can move between the different parks, it takes a lot longer because WDW is so much larger.
I was leaning toward this idea, but just wanted to get the voice of others, some may even say "clarity", on the situation. I originally planned on having he Ultimate Day of Thrills VIP Tour on that Friday because I've read that it ends at Hollywood Studios, and on that particular day it has EMH until 1:30am. I think it does make sense to just easilymove/cancel that 1900 Park Fare reservation. Thanks for your input!

I would do it on Day 5. By then, you will have have gone to all of the parks and will know what you have missed, so far, and what you want to experience again. You'll need to schedule the tour so that the hours cover the time when the Star Wars fireworks start so you can access to any preferred viewing areas, so this means, you can probably keep your Brunch at the Top reservation and do the tour later. I would try to see Lion King and Indiana Jones on another day so you aren't wasting precious VIP ride time sitting and watching shows.

Have you considered staying Club Level at one of the resorts and simply paying for the extra FP+ and preferred nighttime show viewing that is available to CL guests? It may come in cheaper than a $3500 VIP tour.
I was also considering a later date for this exact reasoning of figuring out what else we could do after already being out in the parks. Unfortunately for this trip, we are restricted to only visiting Hollywood Studios once during our trip; this includes the actual day of the Private VIP Tour.

Upgrading to Club Level is limited by availability, and we don't seem to get that same comfort level(mostly logistical) that we currently have/expect with Bay Lake ... we're all adult-cousins that have more beds at Bay Lake. Pricing wise, we would have to break up our reservation to at least two Club-Level rooms(the rates aren't as great as you would think for us), in addition to purchasing that option of getting extra Fastpasses. Even with that, we're still "competing" for Fastpass+ bookings. With a party of 8, I think it's still a little risky. In any case, thank you for your post!

I would do it Day 3 or 5. Once you do the tour it may free up some time on other days.

Also, while you don’t give dates it’s got to be after TSL opens. I think having the tour will be the greatest benefit for this portion of the trip. We saw Pandora on opening weekend and people were waiting 3 hours just to get in. Having that guide walk you by the lines will be so worth it.
After looking at the previous posts, it looks like that keeping Day 3 seems to be a more viable, low-risk option. In all honesty, 1900 Park Fare was kind of at the bottom of the barrel for our ADR priorities. It's something I think we're definitely willing to give up. Your reasoning has kept me grounded, thank you!

Based on the fact that you want the SWaGS as part of your VIP experience, then calculated back your 7 or 8 hours you're looking to start this tour early afternoon. Based on that and the other plans you already have on your itinerary, then Day 3 or 5 are your best options. If you go with Day 3, you would have to give up your 1900 PF ADR. If you went with Day 5, you may still be able to do that Cali Grill lunch and have your VIP tour pick up point be there.

As for your plans, to me it looks like a lot for 7 or 8 hours, but having never done a VIP tour, I'm not entirely sure how much they can pack in for you. Once you book it, you can pass along your wish list to them and they will work with you to get the itinerary built.
I agree that my plans are looking pretty demanding for 7-8 hours. I've prioritized Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and finally Epcot as the must-do's, in that order. Magic Kingdom, as majestic as it is seems less competitive overall with the Fastpass+ bookings, and kind of offers less unique offerings in our opinion. I guess I'll have to actually ask the VIP folk how the planning process actually works. Thank you!

GENERAL NOTES:
  • We will only have one opportunity to visit Hollywood Studios for the entirety of our trip. Whatever day this Private VIP Tour is, will be that Day.
  • We have attractions we want to see in all the 4 parks; all the mountains at MK (including 7DMT); Slinky Dog Coaster, Tower of Terror, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster at HS; Frozen Ever After, Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Mission: Space at Epcot; and almost every attraction at Animal Kingdom(most importantly Pandora).
  • With the previous bullet mentioned, if we need to limit our parks, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios would be our priorities.
  • We are staying at Bay Lake Tower.
  • We’ll want to use the Private VIP Tour-day to see Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular
  • Other than the show mentioned above, the only other shows we intend to see (but not a must) include Festival of the Lion King and Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular.
  • We’re all in our mid-20s, except for one 17 year-old.
  • I think we’ll be limiting ourselves to a Table Service meal either before/after the tour time, and a Quick Service meal on whatever day this Private VIP Tour Happens.

DAY 1 - Arrival Day (Wednesday)
  • MCO Arrival at 6:30am (Red-Eye from Los Angeles)
  • Epcot
  • Magic Kingdom
  • ‘Ohana Reservation for Breakfast ADR @~9am
  • Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing (Reserved/Paid For)

DAY 2 (Thursday)

• Animal Kingdom
  • Typhoon Lagoon (H2O Glow Nights, Tickets already bought, Event starts at officially at 8pm, Can enter/mix-in as early as 7pm)
  • Sanaa Lunch ADR @~Noon

DAY 3 (Friday)

• Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios (Was originally Ultimate Day of Thrills VIP Tour-day)
  • 1900 Park Fare Dinner ADR @~6pm

DAY 4 (Saturday)

• Epcot
  • Garden Grill Breakfast ADR @~10am
  • Illuminations Fireworks Cruise (Reserved/Paid For)

DAY 5 (Sunday)

• Magic Kingdom
  • Brunch at the Top at the California Grill ADR @~11am

DAY 6 (Monday)

• Animal Kingdom
  • Tusker House Reservation with RoL Viewing Dinner ADR @~4pm

DAY 7- Departure Day (Tuesday)

• Epcot or Magic Kingdom
  • The Wave Breakfast ADR @~8am
  • Flight back home leaves @7pm, (Magical Express anticipated for 4pm-ish)
So, what day do you think we should try to book this VIP Private Tour? Past experience, what we can actually accomplish in 7 (maybe 8) hours, and overall advice is strongly encouraged to be shared. At this point, I think we’re past choosing if we should do it; so please try to be positive and discuss when, where and how we should go about this. I’m excited to read what your thoughts are![/QUOTE]

With 2 days in EPCO,T you should not have any problems hitting all your favorite ( must do rides) rides there, same for MK.

I would not see any show as that would just take time( the show you said you want to see if you get there 10-15 minutes early you should have no problem getting in and having a good set and I think you should be able to get them as a 4 or 5 or 6 FP.

I would write down your must do rides ( like the ones you can not get FP for) the new toy story rides, Pandora, and do the tour latter in the day since you want to see the show at HS have this your last park, maybe do EPCOT then head over to AK for the pandora rides and then HS ( it will be a full day) one nice thing about the VIP tours is you tell them what you want to do and they come up with the schudel you can let them know you might want to do the rides a few time

as far as when if you do it earlier in your trip you can get better FP the latter your tip if you do the tour later in your trip, then you can hit up the rides you did not get and cancel the ones you did do.

just a side note, you have a lot of ADR and they take up so much time and some are not even in the parks so that is more time form being in the parks

I agree with gap3638, do not waste time with shows while on the VIP Tour.

Based on my experience from our two VIP Tours, I would do the following:

Take the tour on your third day. Although your list of wants is long, you will be able to accomplish a lot on the tour.
Definitely, eat before or after the tour.

Starting the tour early allows you to accomplish more, but then you won't have access to VIP viewing. We chose to start early both times. Our most recent VIP tour was during an extremely busy Spring Break. To give you an idea of what can be done in 7 hours, I believe this is what we were able to accomplish with our 7:45am start:

Animal Kingdom
Navi River
FOP x2
Safari
Kali
Expedition Everest

Magic Kingdom
Space Mountain
Mine Train
BTMRR
Splash
Haunted Mansion
Pirates
12:30 FoF Parade -They had 2 parades because of crowds. VIP viewing at the train station.
Peter Pan

Epcot
Soarin'
Test Track
Frozen Ever After - I think we did this with the tour guide

UPDATE: We now have the Private VIP Tour booked! We're going to be doing it on our 3rd day with a relatively late start of 2:45pm. It'll give us a chance to sleep in, and maybe take in some Magic Kingdom attractions via Fastpass+ selection before the tour. We'll most likely take in some sort of Table Service meal before setting for our tour from Bay Lake Tower. I was asked if I had any priorities or expectations. Blanks were filled and minor questions answered. I made a point to ask if it would be possible to hit up 4 parks in 7 hours and she said it would; but we'd probably be limited to 2-3 attractions per park.

I emphasized with the Cast Member, while reserving, that we wanted to focus on Walt Disney World exclusive attractions, primarily based in Animal Kingdom(Pandora, Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris, and Kali River Rapids), and Hollywood Studios(Toy Story Land, Tower of Terror, and Rock 'n Roller Coaster). I said it wasn't necessary, but Epcot would be a close third for consideration with Frozen Ever After, Test Track, and Mission Space. Finally, the only thing that remotely caught our eye as a standout was Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom. The main thing I asked was that we end the tour at Hollywood Studios with a spot for Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular. She recommended that we "end" the tour at 9:45pm for the 10:00pm show because all our guide would have to do was check us in, then they could leave... this could allow more time for touring before the show.

I was also asked if we had plans for meals; either a table service meal that they could help with reservations for, or if we "wanted to keep it going" with just a quick service meal; I chose the latter. A few questions about food allergies, the names of everyone in our party, and credit card information, were collected. She shared all the rules, some friendly reminders, and the option to extend if need be. A few minutes later, a confirmation email was sent to me with all the confirmed details, and contact information if I needed to make changes or had any additional questions.

The overall booking experience was pleasant; almost a fun experience in itself. It felt like the cast member and I were long lost friends (we're practically family if you think about it :rolleyes:), catching up on what was going on at both coasts of Disney. I'm sure I'll have a review post-trip to share with everyone.

With 2 days in EPCO,T you should not have any problems hitting all your favorite ( must do rides) rides there, same for MK.

I would not see any show as that would just take time( the show you said you want to see if you get there 10-15 minutes early you should have no problem getting in and having a good set and I think you should be able to get them as a 4 or 5 or 6 FP.

I would write down your must do rides ( like the ones you can not get FP for) the new toy story rides, Pandora, and do the tour latter in the day since you want to see the show at HS have this your last park, maybe do EPCOT then head over to AK for the pandora rides and then HS ( it will be a full day) one nice thing about the VIP tours is you tell them what you want to do and they come up with the schudel you can let them know you might want to do the rides a few time

as far as when if you do it earlier in your trip you can get better FP the latter your tip if you do the tour later in your trip, then you can hit up the rides you did not get and cancel the ones you did do.

just a side note, you have a lot of ADR and they take up so much time and some are not even in the parks so that is more time form being in the parks
That's a good strategy for the shows, it's reassuring to know that we can kind of just walk up shortly before they start without a Fastpass or the Private VIP Tour; they would take up a significant time. Since Hollywood Studios can only be visited by us once, Indiana Jones might still be an option for priorities with our guide.

I have noticed in other posts from other DIS folk, that there is a better chance to get Fastpasses for days later in our trip. I think the 3rd just seems to work out.

We do have quite a few ADRs, but I think they'll eventually get whittled down to something more manageable. We do like the idea of being at resorts for Table Service to avoid the hustle and bustle of the parks. Thanks for your reply!

I agree with gap3638, do not waste time with shows while on the VIP Tour.

Based on my experience from our two VIP Tours, I would do the following:

Take the tour on your third day. Although your list of wants is long, you will be able to accomplish a lot on the tour.
Definitely, eat before or after the tour.

Starting the tour early allows you to accomplish more, but then you won't have access to VIP viewing. We chose to start early both times. Our most recent VIP tour was during an extremely busy Spring Break. To give you an idea of what can be done in 7 hours, I believe this is what we were able to accomplish with our 7:45am start:

Animal Kingdom
Navi River
FOP x2
Safari
Kali
Expedition Everest

Magic Kingdom
Space Mountain
Mine Train
BTMRR
Splash
Haunted Mansion
Pirates
12:30 FoF Parade -They had 2 parades because of crowds. VIP viewing at the train station.
Peter Pan

Epcot
Soarin'
Test Track
Frozen Ever After - I think we did this with the tour guide
This is quite an impressive list of things you've accomplished; was this in one 7 hour time frame, or was it spread out over the two VIP tours? I noticed that you had a big chunk of your time spent at Magic Kingdom. How much time did it take you to cover your Animal Kingdom attractions? Even with the Festival of Fantasy parade in the mix, it is still pretty extensive of a list. I think we won't be visiting Magic Kingdom during the VIP Tour because we want to focus on attractions that are exclusive to Walt Disney World. Thanks for sharing your experience!

So I haven’t read this thread (sorry), I just wanted to comment and say nice avatar! :thumbsup2 I like Mickey balloons too!!

This is quite an impressive list of things you've accomplished; was this in one 7 hour time frame, or was it spread out over the two VIP tours? I noticed that you had a big chunk of your time spent at Magic Kingdom. How much time did it take you to cover your Animal Kingdom attractions? Even with the Festival of Fantasy parade in the mix, it is still pretty extensive of a list. I think we won't be visiting Magic Kingdom during the VIP Tour because we want to focus on attractions that are exclusive to Walt Disney World. Thanks for sharing your experience!

When I responded the first time, I was going from my clouded memory. I just checked my notes and what I posted a few weeks ago in another VIP thread. This is what we did in the 7 hour time period. Having our guide get our snacks helped save time. The idle time we had waiting or the parade was spent eating. Also, because we were touring during a very busy time, starting very early helped us accomplish more. Most of the fast pass lines were very quick. I think Mine Train was our longest Fastpass wait.

Eight people; my family & my brother's family.
VIP guide picked us up at AKL Kidani at 7:45 am.
Arrived at AK before 8am. At AK we rode:
Navi River Journey
FoP x2 * looking back, we should have gone on a third time and cut something else from our day.
Expedition Everest
Kali - nephews choice

Drove to Magic Kingdom. Grabbed snacks and water backstage.
At MK we did the following:
Space
Buzz
HM
Splash
BTMRR
Pirates
Watched Festival of Fantasy Parade (12:30) while having some snack.
Mine Train
Met Talking Mickey

Drove to Epcot and did the following:
Test Track
Frozen ride
Soarin

I really wanted to start later to take advantage of seeing a nighttime show like you are going to do, but decided against it because of the busy time and the young ages of my nephews.

Why will you be limited to hollywood studios only on VIP tour day? You will have park hoppers. You will still have all your FP+ reservations and some of the rides you mentioned are pretty easy to reserve. If it were me I would focus on the tier 1 fast passes and steer clear of most shows. Most show venues are huge and with a little bit of planning on your non VIP tour days you should be able to fit those in just fine.

When I responded the first time, I was going from my clouded memory. I just checked my notes and what I posted a few weeks ago in another VIP thread. This is what we did in the 7 hour time period. Having our guide get our snacks helped save time. The idle time we had waiting or the parade was spent eating. Also, because we were touring during a very busy time, starting very early helped us accomplish more. Most of the fast pass lines were very quick. I think Mine Train was our longest Fastpass wait.

Eight people; my family & my brother's family.
VIP guide picked us up at AKL Kidani at 7:45 am.
Arrived at AK before 8am. At AK we rode:
Navi River Journey
FoP x2 * looking back, we should have gone on a third time and cut something else from our day.
Expedition Everest
Kali - nephews choice

Drove to Magic Kingdom. Grabbed snacks and water backstage.
At MK we did the following:
Space
Buzz
HM
Splash
BTMRR
Pirates
Watched Festival of Fantasy Parade (12:30) while having some snack.
Mine Train
Met Talking Mickey

Drove to Epcot and did the following:
Test Track
Frozen ride
Soarin

I really wanted to start later to take advantage of seeing a nighttime show like you are going to do, but decided against it because of the busy time and the young ages of my nephews.
Well, it looks like you bypassed Hollywood Studios Attractions? Hmm, maybe if we avoided those attractions in Magic Kingdom that have counterparts at Disneyland, there might be an opportunity to do all 4 parks for us. it still remains an impressive list, and leaves hope for us yet that we can get a lot accomplished for our trip.

I was thinking of doing an early start too, but we're going to be doing the H2O Glow Nights the night before. I wasn't sure if that would be taking a physical toll on my party or not; so I wanted to give them an opportunity to sleep in on Day 3, maybe have some Fastpasses for Magic Kingdom in the morning because of it's close proximity to Bay Lake Tower, and maybe a breakfast at The Wave because of the value in the breakfast buffet option, as a few options for a casual "half-day of rest" before all the commotion of going around Walt Disney World for the private VIP Tour. Thanks again for following up with your original post!

Why will you be limited to hollywood studios only on VIP tour day? You will have park hoppers. You will still have all your FP+ reservations and some of the rides you mentioned are pretty easy to reserve. If it were me I would focus on the tier 1 fast passes and steer clear of most shows. Most show venues are huge and with a little bit of planning on your non VIP tour days you should be able to fit those in just fine.
I am limited to Hollywood Studios for one day because of the type of admission I am using for our trip. It's very convoluted, and involves block out dates and the need to "supplement" admission. I'd get into details, but if you hover around my pre-trip report mentioned in my signature, you might be able to piece the puzzle together.

For now, I think we'll be steering clear of the shows during the VIP tour. The only exception would MAYBE be the Indiana Jones Spectacular, because of this day being our only shot at being at Hollywood Studios for the trip. Thank you for your post!

Hey there, friend. Yeah, one-of-a-kind, ___(your name here)___! Since we're such good friends, I thought I'd look to you for advice, perhaps even approval on the plans I have for a particular day I have planned at Walt Disney World. On this particular day we're going to be taking advantage of the opportunity to have a Premium Private VIP Tour booked for our party of 8. As of now, we tentatively have a 7 hour experience booked with a tour guide, with our origin/meeting point being our resort; Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort starting at 2:45pm. The late start is so we can end our experience with reserved viewing for Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular at 9:45pm.

Things to note include that this will be on a Friday, the first of August, where Disney's Hollywood Studios will be open 8:00am-10:30pm, and have Extra Magic Hours 7:00am-8:00am, and 10:30pm-12:30pm. Another reason the previous note is important is because this will be the only time (we only have "one shot at") we'll have to visit Disney's Hollywood Studios during the entirety of our 7 day stay at Walt Disney World.

We hope to make time to visit all 4 parks during the 7 hours, it's ambitious, but we'll be flexible to edit the itinerary as we go. I've emailed guest service and we are encouraged, if we like, to tell them ahead of time what our "must-do" attractions are.

So without further delay; here's the tentative itinerary.
FP @ The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 9:30AM
FP @ Rock 'n' Roller Coaster 10:30AM
FP @ Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular 11:30AM, Showtime at Noon
ADR @ Sanaa at Kidani Village 1:00pm
Have guide pick us up at Kidani Village @2:45PM (Differs from tentative reservation made.)
Tour up until 9:45PM, and watch SWAGS
Enjoy the rest of night/EMH at Hollywood Studios

So what do you think? Any past experiences are still encouraged to be shared!

Hey there, friend. Yeah, one-of-a-kind, ___(your name here)___! Since we're such good friends, I thought I'd look to you for advice, perhaps even approval on the plans I have for a particular day I have planned at Walt Disney World. On this particular day we're going to be taking advantage of the opportunity to have a Premium Private VIP Tour booked for our party of 8. As of now, we tentatively have a 7 hour experience booked with a tour guide, with our origin/meeting point being our resort; Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort starting at 2:45pm. The late start is so we can end our experience with reserved viewing for Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular at 9:45pm.

Things to note include that this will be on a Friday, the first of August, where Disney's Hollywood Studios will be open 8:00am-10:30pm, and have Extra Magic Hours 7:00am-8:00am, and 10:30pm-12:30pm. Another reason the previous note is important is because this will be the only time (we only have "one shot at") we'll have to visit Disney's Hollywood Studios during the entirety of our 7 day stay at Walt Disney World.

We hope to make time to visit all 4 parks during the 7 hours, it's ambitious, but we'll be flexible to edit the itinerary as we go. I've emailed guest service and we are encouraged, if we like, to tell them ahead of time what our "must-do" attractions are.

Have guide pick us up at Kidani Village @2:45PM (Differs from tentative reservation made.)

I see no way of making your ADR at 1 pm if you are doing the 12 Jones show that is first ( I might be wrong)

are you planning on doing all 4 parks with the guide????? I would not and fouse on 2 maybe 3 I think even with TSL opened you could do all of HS with the guide ( if you skipped the show) and maybe AK or Epcot before( i f you did AK you could go there in the morning do the sefarie see the two show and then head back with the guide to do the rides ( the two rides in pandora EE and diansours) then head over to HS and do the TSL rides, RNR and TOT and then have time to do a second ride or two

As gap2368 said, making your Sanaa ADR will be very difficult to make, even taking an Uber Is going to Sanaa and/or visiting Animal Kingdom Kindani a must do? If not, would you consider heading to Epcot after Indiana Jones? There are so many dining options around World Showcase and then you can have the VIP Guide meet you at your first Epcot attraction(time saver = more VIP touring time). Walking or taking the boat from HS to Epcot's International Gate is easy. Entering Epcot through the IG is pretty stress-free.

Something like this:

Your morning plan at HS
12:45 leave HS to walk/boat to Epcot
1:15/1:30 Lunch
2:45 meet VIP Guide at your first Epcot ride
Continue your VIP day as planned- either AK next or MK and end back at HS for TSL and Starwars fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter