private transfer: civitavecchia PORT to civitavecchia TRAIN station?

CanuckOnaBoat

Mouseketeer
Hi!
Is there a way to have a private transfer from the SHIP to the Civitavecchia train station?

I want to minimize transfers... i want to avoid having to take the shuttle from the ship to Largo della Pace and then taking ANOTHER bus to get to the train station.

I heard that if you have a private car hire - that they can come to the ship to pick you up? Is this true? If so - what companies can do this transfer?

Thank you!

There is also a shuttle to the train station which costs money, but goes directly to the train station.

I don't think you can avoid that first shuttle, but I may be wrong. It's the way the port is configured. Honestly, it SOUNDS much more annoying than it is. It really wasn't a big deal.

It is a working/industrial port. Not surprising if private cars don’t go to the ship.

We used Civitavecchia Shuttle Express last year. They brought us right up to the check in area.

ETA: We used them from Rome city center to the port, and then from the port to the airport. not sure about the train station. It was 150 Euros each way

We used Civitavecchia Shuttle Express last year. They brought us right up to the check in area.

ETA: We used them from Rome city center to the port, and then from the port to the airport. not sure about the train station. It was 150 Euros each way
Thank you. Good to know that cost. It's not much less than a private transfer back into Rome. I had thought it was only 10 euros each...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter