• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Private tour recommendations for Cozumel?

Flip flops in winter

Mouseketeer
Cozumel is just stumping me. I'm not seeing any excursions through Disney that are remotely attractive, besides, many are sold-out for our May trip. I was really hoping to do some Mayan ruins though but I understand they are far. Anyone have any recommendations for private tour companies? Did you feel safe if so?

Just some background...3 kids, but we live at the beach already so that's not special enough to pay more $$ for. Same with snorkeling and other water activities. (I know these are first world problems!!). We'll be doing dolphins and sting rays in Grand Cayman so looking for something different. Currently booked on the Honey, Chocolate, & Tequila tour but I've read that it's kinda lame.

Anyone have any other excursions/experiences you enjoyed? Or even Cozumel on your own? What is there to do otherwise? Thank you in advance!!

Cozumel is just stumping me. I'm not seeing any excursions through Disney that are remotely attractive, besides, many are sold-out for our May trip. I was really hoping to do some Mayan ruins though but I understand they are far. Anyone have any recommendations for private tour companies? Did you feel safe if so?

Just some background...3 kids, but we live at the beach already so that's not special enough to pay more $$ for. Same with snorkeling and other water activities. (I know these are first world problems!!). We'll be doing dolphins and sting rays in Grand Cayman so looking for something different. Currently booked on the Honey, Chocolate, & Tequila tour but I've read that it's kinda lame.

Anyone have any other excursions/experiences you enjoyed? Or even Cozumel on your own? What is there to do otherwise? Thank you in advance!!
We did a food tour in Cozumel back in 2019. There were people from 2 or 3 different cruise ships. We met at a grocery store that was about one or two miles away, but got dropped off at the cruise terminal at the end. I think we went to 5 or 6 different places, all very much NOT touristy - it was great.

We are there in August and I'm also struggling! We typically book our own excursions in the Caribbean, Alaska or Europe but I'm hesitant in Mexico without some seriously good (recent) reviews!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter