Private resale- Transferring Membership

CoachTI

Walt could be my uncle
I am purchasing a contract from a friend. Is anyone familiar with the process of changing the deed to add my name and remove hers? I believe this needs to be done through a title company along with a ROFR waiver still being submitted to Disney. Anyone have any experience here? Thanks.

Even if it is a private SALE, if it is a sale at all, then DIsney gets to have right of first refusal. And if they are selling it to you for a very low price, Disney is likely to take it from you. As I understand it.

If they are TRANSFERRING it 'gratis' or whatever the legal term for that is, and if you do not have an actual 'sale' then Disney's right of first refusal doesn't apply. So, keep that in mind when you decide to set up the terms of the sale, or transfer.

I SUPPOSE you could always make some 'side deal' and not have a legal sales contract, but then you are getting into some fairly 'squirrely' areas and don't have a lot of legal protections.

Once they have decided to transfer it to you, you can go online here on this board and find out how to do the whole transfer yourself. Or you can find a title company or broker or someone who will do it for you. Typically they charge anywhere from a few hundred dollars to up to a thousand dollars or so. But it is quite possible to do it yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter