• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Private Fireworks Cruise

I was told that you could make reservations for a Fireworks Cruise only 60 days in advance. It that true?

Thanks,

Dumb question, but do the fireworks get cancelled typically for rain or just thunderstorms? The website says it is rare for them to be rescheduled or canceled and doesn't mention a refund policy (other than your 48 hours if you cancel).

Dumb question, but do the fireworks get cancelled typically for rain or just thunderstorms? The website says it is rare for them to be rescheduled or canceled and doesn't mention a refund policy (other than your 48 hours if you cancel).

severe weather or imminent threat of it delays the fireworks. Rain does not necessarily cancel the show. If the bad weather does not pass soon then they can cancel the show but they really do not like to do that. In all of our many many trips we only experienced one cancellation and that was the star wars show when we were doing a dessert party for it. We have had shows delayed a few times but were lucky to have them go on later except that one time.

Of the four cruises booked, one was cancelled due to inclement weather - boats are not allowed to run when ongoing lightning is present within a specific radius of the sailing. Disney did contact me live with an update on the pending status of the excursion, was connected with the fireworks team, and provided updates every 20 minutes starting an hour before departure and until the cruise time was delayed by more than 30 minutes - refund occurred within 24 hours.

I love the cruise in Epcot- what used to be called the Illuminations Cruise. We've been several times, "renting" seats from someone who rented the boat but didn't have a full group. I met my best friend this way- rented seats on her Illuminations Cruise 20 years ago!

I love the cruise in Epcot- what used to be called the Illuminations Cruise. We've been several times, "renting" seats from someone who rented the boat but didn't have a full group. I met my best friend this way- rented seats on her Illuminations Cruise 20 years ago!
I've got a fun group of fellow DISers joining us. Not mentioning any party pooper names who aren't coming (ahem...lurker). I can't wait!!

Please note that advertising to share a cruise is not allowed on DISboards. Posts above have not done that but just posting this to remind what is and is not allowed to be discussed.

Thank you.

My turn to ask a dumb question.
Can you order a cake to have during the cruise?
I would like to have a cake to celebrate or anniversary.
Does the cruise accept food deliveries from a Disney Restautrant?
Or is there a Disney Bakery that does made to order cakes?

Thanks in Advance.

Wow, so much great information here. Does anyone know if the EPCOT fireworks cruise is available on NYE? If you’re staying at a Disney resort can you book them 60+ length of stay?

The pre-covid trip I mentioned in this thread where I mentioned getting sandwiches - we also ordered a princess themed cake. It was all ordered through the GF catering team and I assume made in their kitchen, not from any of the specific bakeries.

It was tonight and so much fun! Awesome captain and fabulous weather. Ask for Mark of you can.

The worst part is you won't want to view them any other way!!
I’ve seen people mention particular captains. Is that something you do on the phone when booking, or just when you check in?

I’ve seen people mention particular captains. Is that something you do on the phone when booking, or just when you check in?
When we have arrived, it appears the boats and captains are already assigned their groups - so I'd probably see if you can make the request when you book. It might give you a chance to get a particular captain. But in reality, we've done it 4 or 5 times, and enjoyed the captain each time.

And I really do realize it sounds silly to have fireworks in the rain 😂
Several years ago when Illuminations was still showing, we saw it one night when it was raining pretty steadily. It was the coolest viewing of Illuminations that I had ever seen. The rain falling thru the lasers was a pretty spectacular visual effect.

Always wanted to do this but thought it too expensive for just the 2 of us. Is it possible to book it (we are now a group of 5 plus a 2 year old) and then advertise (not here) for others to share the cost? Where would one advertise something like this if not here?
Also, has anybody done it with a toddler? Any problems?
Hope I didn't break any rules just asking the question.
Thanks,
Tony

Coming up next month on our 60 day window opening for adrs, etc. We are staying at GF and wanted to try a private fireworks cruise. Never did. I assume the Epcot cruise is better because of the placement of the boats to World Showcase, but we have a group (9 people) consisting of children and seniors, so staying close to home base would be great and that is why I am looking at the MK fireworks cruise. Do you think it's still worth the pricing for the MK fireworks cruise or move do the Epcot cruise which won't be as convenient for the group. Thanks.

It was tonight and so much fun! Awesome captain and fabulous weather. Ask for Mark of you can.

The worst part is you won't want to view them any other way!!

If you did the one to Epcot may I ask what kind of boat it is? Is it a small boat (like the GF/Poly boats that go back and forth to MK) or is it a boat like the Friendship boats? Or something else?

THANKS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter