Private Fireworks Cruise

N

nw6675

For those who have done a private fireworks cruise, can you share your experiences especially post COVID?

Do you think it is worth it (I know - subjective), especially for just 3 of us?

Would you recommend MK over the others?

Did you call right at your 60 days?

We've done the EPCOT cruise several times, including last month. We actually did the cruise ourselves as part of our Covid-return approach last year, because we could do the event with just our group. We had 3 of us in March, and while expensive, it was a really nice evening on the water with a really nice view of the show. We've not done the MK cruise, but that interests us less since so much of the MK show is around the projections on the castle - which you can't see from the cruises. Only you can decide if it's worth it, but yes - I call right at the 60 day mark. I'm not sure how many boats go out for the MK cruises, but there are only 5 for the EPCOT cruises.

We've done the EPCOT cruise several times, including last month. We actually did the cruise ourselves as part of our Covid-return approach last year, because we could do the event with just our group. We had 3 of us in March, and while expensive, it was a really nice evening on the water with a really nice view of the show. We've not done the MK cruise, but that interests us less since so much of the MK show is around the projections on the castle - which you can't see from the cruises. Only you can decide if it's worth it, but yes - I call right at the 60 day mark. I'm not sure how many boats go out for the MK cruises, but there are only 5 for the EPCOT cruises.
Thank you! I had assumed we would do MK, but will have to look more into Epcot. We've never even stopped to watch any of the Epcot shows over the years except maybe once years ago. That would work better for our split stay anyways!

Thank you! I had assumed we would do MK, but will have to look more into Epcot. We've never even stopped to watch any of the Epcot shows over the years except maybe once years ago. That would work better for our split stay anyways!
The EPCOT version was pretty amazing - you are tucked under the bridge (from UK to France) just entering the lagoon from the International Gateway canal area - The boats are tied side by side - there were about 4 or 5 of them on our trip in January. You are right up close to the action and we had good views of the barge projections and fireworks that almost felt as if they would fall on you during the show. It is expensive ~$400 for up to 10 people on the pontoon (or as few as you like).

Our family thoroughly enjoyed it and when we did our round of "what was your favorite part of the trip" on our last night of dinner together - it was almost unanimously the winner.

We did the EPCOT private boat cruise in February and loved it. There were 7 of us celebrating my mother's birthday. It was cheaper for us to do the cruise then it was to book 7 people for desert party and the view was better too. I also really liked being able to cruise on out of EPCOT after the show and not get caught in the crowd trying to exit. We were staying at Boardwalk and he cruise goes out of the dock at yachtclub so it was convenient for us. I agree with the above poster- the majority of our group also voted it the best part of our trip. I called right at 60 days to book it.

I have experienced both and would repeat a million times if not for the money!
I think the MK fireworks reflecting off the water was my favorite.
I wonder if you will see the beginning of the Electrical Water Pageant as you return to the dock at the Contemporary.
And the weather is always a factor .

I have experienced both and would repeat a million times if not for the money!
I think the MK fireworks reflecting off the water was my favorite.
I wonder if you will see the beginning of the Electrical Water Pageant as you return to the dock at the Contemporary.
And the weather is always a factor
We did the Epcot one and it was great, felt like we were in the middle of it almost. We did Pirates and Pals and the view was bad because the roof of the boat blocked it. I saw some fireworks kind of but I remember it being mediocre at best (for fireworks, Peter Pan was fun). Are the fireworks really that good from the pontoon boats? If so, we might try this for Magic Kingdom next time.

We did one (admittedly pre-covid) at the Magic Kingdom! Absolutely loved it - we deliberately picked a day that had the Christmas party and left the parks a little before it closed to regular guests and walked to our meeting spot on the dock at Grand Floridian. I've never been one to get into the names of the various shows, but the fireworks at the time (and maybe they are always this way) were not just over the castle, but beside it, so we had a great view of the castle surrounded by fireworks.

We did order food for the boat (there were 8 of us) and that is the one thing I wish I hadn't done. I thought I was getting a platter of assorted cold cut sandwiches and it turns out every meat (ham, turkey, roast beef) was on every sandwich, I am not sure if I misread things or if they were made wrong, but regardless they tasted blah and then some of our pickier eaters wouldn't touch them. Thankfully our order came with a ton of chips so the picky eaters ate those. We also ordered a small cake that I remember being beautiful and tasting fine, but in hindsight we could have skipped all of the food and eaten elsewhere.

We did one (admittedly pre-covid) at the Magic Kingdom! Absolutely loved it - we deliberately picked a day that had the Christmas party and left the parks a little before it closed to regular guests and walked to our meeting spot on the dock at Grand Floridian. I've never been one to get into the names of the various shows, but the fireworks at the time (and maybe they are always this way) were not just over the castle, but beside it, so we had a great view of the castle surrounded by fireworks.

We did order food for the boat (there were 8 of us) and that is the one thing I wish I hadn't done. I thought I was getting a platter of assorted cold cut sandwiches and it turns out every meat (ham, turkey, roast beef) was on every sandwich, I am not sure if I misread things or if they were made wrong, but regardless they tasted blah and then some of our pickier eaters wouldn't touch them. Thankfully our order came with a ton of chips so the picky eaters ate those. We also ordered a small cake that I remember being beautiful and tasting fine, but in hindsight we could have skipped all of the food and eaten elsewhere.
We actually ate near the Marina beforehand and did a BYOB (that wasn't glass :)) on the boat. Worked out well and made for a more relaxing time versus trying to sort everything on the boat. The boat captain was very accommodating.

We just added an impromptu trip for May and was able to book EPCOT for a month out. I was pleasantly surprised!

Thanks for all the tips. I would have never booked EPCOT if it hadn't been for you guys.
Awesome. It's a really fun couple hours with a cruise around the lake and a show! Enjoy!

Where/how did you order the food? I know you weren't thrilled with it, but we might consider this depending on the menu offered, etc.
Awesome. It's a really fun couple hours with a cruise around the lake and a show! Enjoy!
I wondered if there was more of a 'cruise' portion. It seemed like a long time on the boat for just a 14 minute show!

Right now we are booked to stay at the YC so super easy to get back to the room after the cruise if we are beat. However, it is also an EEH at MK from 10-12 (possibly 11 - 1 am). Do you think it would be fairly easy to catch a bus from YC to MK as soon as the boat docks without encountering too much of a crowd for the bus? I'm considering changing to CR and this is the kicker for me whether we can make it back to MK/CR quickly and painlessly.

Thanks!

We did the EPCOT private boat cruise in February and loved it. There were 7 of us celebrating my mother's birthday. It was cheaper for us to do the cruise then it was to book 7 people for desert party and the view was better too. I also really liked being able to cruise on out of EPCOT after the show and not get caught in the crowd trying to exit. We were staying at Boardwalk and he cruise goes out of the dock at yachtclub so it was convenient for us. I agree with the above poster- the majority of our group also voted it the best part of our trip. I called right at 60 days to book it.
If the cruise goes in/out of the Yacht Club, do you still need an epcot park ticket for this cruise? Thanks!

Did anyone park at the YC for the Epcot cruise and if so, was just the confirmation number needed?

Did you have to call to update your party number? We've gone from 3 to 6.

I'm going to call later, but wasn't sure if anyone knew offhand.

@john7994 ?

Where/how did you order the food? I know you weren't thrilled with it, but we might consider this depending on the menu offered, etc.
I just pulled this from the documentation I have from 2015 - no clue if it is still the same, but perhaps a good start?

"For booking information or to confirm your Pontoon Wishes Cruise or
Grand 1, please call 407-WDW-PLAY (407-939-7529). To place your
food and beverage order, please call Private Dining at 407-824-2474.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you and have a grand and magical day!!!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter