Printer Recommendations?

KristinU

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

Let me first say that I'm blown away by the great work you all do!!! Fabulous!!! :worship:

I've been looking at zazzle.com and realized that for the cost of one set of shirts for DH, DS, and myself I'd be pretty close to buying a low-end ink jet and be able to make tons of shirts to my own liking. We have a laser printer now, so I need to start looking into an ink jet. Let me also ask a question...how many shirt transfers do you get out of your ink cartridges? We went with a laser printer a few years ago because we got sick of buying new ink cartridges for our old ink jet, especially when our prints were mapquest, menus from wdwig.com, etc - things that were perfectly acceptable in b&w.

I also recently got photoshop (and have a LOT to learn), so I look forward to playing and making my own designs. I can see where this might get addictive! I need another hobby like I need a hole in the head...but once I stumbled upon you guys and your great designs I haven't stopped thinking about it!

SO...the point to my post: is there a decent low-end printer that you all recommend that is good at printing the transfers?

TIA!

Someone asked this same question in the main thread just a little while ago. It has been really quiet around here for several days so thought you might get an answer sooner by reading the info. Here is the link to the page where it started.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=992815&page=203&pp=15&highlight=Photosmart

Post #3037 is the request and several people responded on pages #203 & #204.

The main ideas were HP has a good product. It is suggested to get a printer with different cartridges for each color so that you don't have to throw out a whole cartridge when you run out of one color. I like my HP because I can get my cartridges at Walmart.

Hope this helps. Welcome to the addiction! Vicki

Thanks Vicki! I would have never found those posts without you pointing me there :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter