Princess Weekend 2024!

Random question: Was the choir at the end a real choir who actually sang the songs? Or was it what they have had recently: a bunch of college interns dressed in robes swaying back and forth and NOT singing coupled with a recorded music track?
To me it seems like they are running a recorded track, but many in the choir are singing over it.

Random question: Was the choir at the end a real choir who actually sang the songs? Or was it what they have had recently: a bunch of college interns dressed in robes swaying back and forth and NOT singing coupled with a recorded music track?

Yes, both. I've seen them really sing and sometimes not. I've always thought it was because it would be hard for them to sing continuously for 2-3 hours while the runners are coming in. Same for the marching bands which sometimes take some breaks.

I ran through MK side by side with Jogging Jack Sparrow but he is in none of my pictures. I wonder if they would crop him out on purpose?
I was waiting for my pic coming through the castle, because I came through right alongside a guy in a full Kermit the Frog onesie, with a big Kermit head on top, and even his feet were in costume! He had a banjo and everything! Even in the moment I was thinking, This is so great, this guy is going to be in my castle pic.... And I got my pics (thank you @sky13 ) and he was cut out. I wonder if they think we don't want anybody in our pics that will pull focus? Maybe I was running with Kermit! How do they know? They pulled in on me so tight to cut him out you can barely tell I'm coming through the castle. The look on my face is pure delight, looking at the person just out of frame though. Hope that guy had a great race.

I've booked my hotel for next year, and have general registration on my calendar. I turn 40 next January, so I'm celebrating a month later at Disney! I also have some feelers out for charities as a backup, but I only want the stand-alone 10K. After having such a blast and quite a park heavy trip this past weekend, going for 6 days next year will let me spread things out. I had a knot right above my left Achilles' this year, which wasn't bad, but I could feel it with every step. I'm currently planning a no-park day the day before the 10K next year, so I booked at Coronado so I can take advantage of the pool.

I think he must be quite fast. Doesn't he usually start in A? And it looks like he is running at a easy pace for him.
I follow him on Instagram and he reposts a lot of the posts others make about taking pictures with him. I seem to recall one of them from this weekend was captioned "found jogging jack sparrow in Corral C" or something like that. I could be misremembering for sure (or maybe he usually is in A and was in C for some reason this weekend).

But yes, he usually starts in one of the earlier corrals and seems to have an easy time running.

My question is actually how he always gets registered for every race! I would guess now maybe he's Club RunDisney, which guarantees him entry to all races if he does the challenge. But before CRD what did he do? With all the angst about so many people not being able to register for each race, I'm amazed he's always in (of course, I'm not complaining, just wondering!).

Normally Jack is the last one to cross from B….
During Springtime 5k last year friend was in front of C and was impressed seeing him in character while in the start shoot
During Wine & Dine 5k I was in the front of B and he passed me around mile 1

I was waiting for my pic coming through the castle, because I came through right alongside a guy in a full Kermit the Frog onesie, with a big Kermit head on top, and even his feet were in costume! He had a banjo and everything! Even in the moment I was thinking, This is so great, this guy is going to be in my castle pic.... And I got my pics (thank you @sky13 ) and he was cut out. I wonder if they think we don't want anybody in our pics that will pull focus? Maybe I was running with Kermit! How do they know? They pulled in on me so tight to cut him out you can barely tell I'm coming through the castle. The look on my face is pure delight, looking at the person just out of frame though. Hope that guy had a great race.
I ran near Kermit too! It was so fun hearing the cheers, even though I was a tiny bit sad that he stole all the attention. I worked hard on my costume 😂

Quite sure he was in B for the 10k, I was in C and saw him at the very end of B. He must have stopped for photos along the way as he then ran past me somewhere in Epcot!

I've started in the back of B for the last several races and he's almost always hanging back there, against the middle fence before the start line, for optimum visibility. This last MW, he hung back for several waves to go past him and took pics with people. And at DL, when he rolled up in the warmup area at the back of A (parallel to B and right next to the stage). Someone in B spotted him and started a LOUD chant that actually interrupted the announcers.

I'm not sure he stops for characters as much as other runners stop HIM to get pictures. Hopefully rD doesn't decide this attention is an issue.

My friend and I were FREEZING at the half finish and perplexed that they handed out foil blankets after the 10K when it was pleasant but not the half when it was cold.

My Floridian cousin loved the blanket after the 10K.

She and I volunteered for the Half (handing out medals on the runner's left in the chute) and the towel volunteers said that someone anticipated it warming up that day.

THIS. It was bizarre! I saw several people shivering uncontrollably after the half and for some reason all they had was "tiny blankets" i.e. dry cooling towels 🤨

The towels were wet. The volunteers spent 2 hours painstakingly wetting them, rolling them, and stacking them.

FWIW those who finished in the first hundred or so seemed to like the towels, at the very least.

Does anyone have any suggestions on finding a small official princess half marathon weekend jacket? I was at the expo on Thursday at around 3:30, and all that was left were XLs. There were a few mediums of the green Tiana half marathon jacket, but they seemed to run big. I just couldn't justify paying that much for a jacket that did not fit me very well. I've looked on ebay, but no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions on finding a small official princess half marathon weekend jacket? I was at the expo on Thursday at around 3:30, and all that was left were XLs. There were a few mediums of the green Tiana half marathon jacket, but they seemed to run big. I just couldn't justify paying that much for a jacket that did not fit me very well. I've looked on ebay, but no luck.
Keep an eye on Mercari. Race stuff often shows up there, especially if any of it hits an outlet or the cast store.

I am sure he was just hoppy to be there…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter