Princess Weekend 2024!

Yeah I might just be confused also. It just looked like they were waving people off. Glad you were able to get them!
They were telling people to either go left for pictures or right to head on though liberty square. You must’ve zoned out some because I got through magic kingdom really fast at ~7:35 pace starting right at 5:00 and heard the option for pics. Mickey and Minnie weren’t out when I went through. I zoned out pretty badly after MK myself.

Hey everybody! My race was good yesterday. This was a crazy trip. I flew in Friday night, and got on the shuttle to MCO at 10:45am on Sunday. But I have my C2C medal and nobody can take that away from me!

One reason I love this race: The corrals are so friendly! I chatted with strangers most of the time I was waiting around in the corral. It really made time fly.

Somebody from FL please explain to me how it still felt humid at 50 degrees? That was unexpected. Still great race weather.

I didn't stop for any pictures until Spaceship Earth. However: I don't think they were letting runners go into the hub area in front of the castle to get pics at the time I went through?? Can anybody confirm this, was anybody else talking about it? I noticed people around me wanting to make that left out of the castle and they were waving us to the right. This was really early, about 50-55 min after the A Corral let out. I don't know if they weren't set up properly yet, or if I'm just imagining things. There were definitely PhotoPass photographers getting action shots as you come through as always.

I have to confess here: I did a terrible thing going down Main Street. I waved my arm out wide to wave to somebody in the crowd and poked a runner in the eye, that was zooming past me on the left!! I want to die. She said she was fine but I was behind her for about a quarter mile going through Tomorrowland and she was still rubbing her eye. Such an amateur move on my part and I'm worried I ruined the rest of her race, or at least her time in MK. If you see anybody on social media complaining about getting poked in the eye, tell her I feel terrible and she can poke me in the eye if she ever sees me again! I deserve it, I can't believe I made such a breach of race etiquette. Kids, keep those arms in! Don't do what I did!
Not from FL but I’m pretty sure the humidity was related to the dew point. It doesn’t need to be hot to be humid. I noticed on the 10k morning that there was fog in the low lying areas which is usually a pretty good indicator the humidity is high. As backed up by the NWS:

IMG_7101.jpeg

One of the more memorable half’s I’ve done was in 2016 when it wasn’t really hot but it was really humid enough to cause a huge bank of fog resulting in photos like this

IMG_3991.jpeg

View attachment 837005
Proof that they’ll just upload any photos you’re clearly visible in 😂😂
Yeah I’m actually a bit relieved they do. Because I was worried my duo pushers wouldn’t get the photos that I’m in. But I got a comment this morning telling me they also got tagged thankfully

Well that was a very fun day in the parks yesterday - wore the challenge shirt and that sparked so many random conversations about the races everywhere, especially when waiting in line! And fun character pics too. Also interestingly only 2 people asked what my time was and both of them were CMs...

Overall it was a great weekend, I really enjoyed it. The weather was just so perfect for running, and no rain! I definitely ran more and faster than I thought I could (was rather undertrained, but trained in hot and humid weather so it was much easier to run in this weather). And it was fun, beside the last 4km or so of the half marathon when I had to just keep telling myself to keep putting one foot in front of the other, and the last km where I was like "you're 95% there you can't stop now!"

Was really fun to have met some of you on Saturday as well!

I'm not quite sure if I'll be back to do another runDisney race in the near future though - much as the weather was perfect this round I had way too much anxiety about the weather in the last month or so especially after hearing about the half marathon at marathon weekend this year!

I
Well that was a very fun day in the parks yesterday - wore the challenge shirt and that sparked so many random conversations about the races everywhere, especially when waiting in line! And fun character pics too. Also interestingly only 2 people asked what my time was and both of them were CMs...

Overall it was a great weekend, I really enjoyed it. The weather was just so perfect for running, and no rain! I definitely ran more and faster than I thought I could (was rather undertrained, but trained in hot and humid weather so it was much easier to run in this weather). And it was fun, beside the last 4km or so of the half marathon when I had to just keep telling myself to keep putting one foot in front of the other, and the last km where I was like "you're 95% there you can't stop now!"

Was really fun to have met some of you on Saturday as well!

I'm not quite sure if I'll be back to do another runDisney race in the near future though - much as the weather was perfect this round I had way too much anxiety about the weather in the last month or so especially after hearing about the half marathon at marathon weekend this year!
It was great meeting you! hope that you sign up for more challenges :)

weather is always unpredictable, but my guess is that Marathon weekend could be the one with more volatility... just perception...

I did it! another challenge in the books (my third!)... another test for determination (or stubbornness) on my end...

My shins were in pain the last 3-4 miles... I thought of dropping a couple of times... but then again the messages from spectators (angels in the road with positive vibe!!), the music and seeing other runners helped me to get through it... thank you!

I overdid the parks time and the legs felt it... lesson learned for the next one as I'm already looking fwd to running at the Springtime event :)

One thing though that I have to get better at is meeting more people... I feel envy (and happiness) seeing runners coming together with family, loved ones, friends.... it seems that it boosts the whole experience up a lot!.... then I'm looking for fellow runners that want to connect before Springtime...

I'm in the very slow pace group, I'm 48 yrs old, new to run, addicted to the mouse, living in Dallas Tx... (unfortunately the 99% of my friends/family don't care much for Disney so no companions)...

thanks!

Last edited:
This is embarrassing but I can't figure out how to get to my photos. Any help? Where is the 11-digit race code?

This is embarrassing but I can't figure out how to get to my photos. Any help? Where is the 11-digit race code?

Copied from website. When entering your bib, do not enter a comma or the dashes.

To link your race photos to your Disney account, log in at DisneyWorld.com/PhotoPass, select "Link Photos," and enter your 16-digit code, which is the 11-digit RaceID, plus your 5-digit bib number. If your bib number is less than 5 digits, add zeros before your bib number to fill in the remaining numbers.
See RaceIDs below. Replace the x's with your bib number—and zeros if needed—to complete your code:
Disney Princess Half Marathon:2024-PRIN-HLFx,xxxx
Disney Princess Enchanted 10K:2024-PRIN-10Kx,xxxx
Disney Princess 5K: 2024-PRIN-S5Kx,xxxx

Link up to 5 runDisney bib numbers per race.

One thing though that I have to get better at is meeting more people... I feel envy (and happiness) seeing runners coming together with family, loved ones, friends.... it seems that it boosts the whole experience up a lot!.... then I'm looking for fellow runners that want to connect before Springtime...

I'm in the very slow pace group, I'm 48 yrs old, new to run, addicted to the mouse, living in Dallas Tx... (unfortunately the 99% of my friends/family don't care much for Disney so no companions)...

Congrats on your challenge! You're welcome to join Team Not-So-Fast... it's just an informal group of us DISers who support and commiserate with each other at the mid-to-back of the pack. Often virtual, sometimes in person. Several of us will be at Springtime weekend. I highly encourage coming to the rD DISboard meetups! We usually try and do one at Hurricane Hannah's pool bar at Yacht/Beach Club (traditionally the afternoon of the 10K) and in the pre-race area before each race. It's a friendly bunch with no expectations! If you aren't already, join the official Springtime thread (https://www.disboards.com/threads/springtime-surprise-weekend-2024-april-18-21.3918196/) and watch for info as we get closer.

Last edited:
Congrats on your challenge! You're welcome to join Team Not-So-Fast... it's just an informal group of us DISers who support and commiserate with each other at the mid-to-back of the pack. Often virtual, sometimes in person. Several of us will be at Springtime weekend. I highly encourage coming to the rD DISboard meetups! We usually try and do one at Hurricane Hannah's pool bar at Yacht/Beach Club (traditionally Friday afternoon iirc) and in the pre-race area before each race. It's a friendly bunch with no expectations! If you aren't already, join the official Springtime thread (https://www.disboards.com/threads/springtime-surprise-weekend-2024-april-18-21.3918196/) and watch for info as we get closer.
The meetups are usually the day of the 10K, so it’s Friday at Marathon Weekend, and Saturday at all the other weekends.

I’ll be doing the 10 miler! I’m still debating if I want to try to go somewhat fast or not. It’ll probably depend on the temperature. 🤣

Cold and humid is right, I kept my jacket on the whole half cuz it was CHILLY! But the 10k I had it off after mile 1.
My friend and I were FREEZING at the half finish and perplexed that they handed out foil blankets after the 10K when it was pleasant but not the half when it was cold.

My friend and I were FREEZING at the half finish and perplexed that they handed out foil blankets after the 10K when it was pleasant but not the half when it was cold.
THIS. It was bizarre! I saw several people shivering uncontrollably after the half and for some reason all they had was "tiny blankets" i.e. dry cooling towels 🤨

Random question: Was the choir at the end a real choir who actually sang the songs? Or was it what they have had recently: a bunch of college interns dressed in robes swaying back and forth and NOT singing coupled with a recorded music track?

Random question: Was the choir at the end a real choir who actually sang the songs? Or was it what they have had recently: a bunch of college interns dressed in robes swaying back and forth and NOT singing coupled with a recorded music track?

When I passed them, they were actually singing. Not sure if they were an actual choir, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter