Princess Weekend 2024!

So did anyone else find it a bit weird that there was like only 4 stops in Magic Kingdom for photos? Including the castle. And one of those was backstage? Like I know it’s been a while since I’ve done a race through MK but I don’t remember it being so low before.
I feel like there’s often up to 6 stops. 1) Tomorrowland, 2) Alice and friends near tea cups, 3) sometimes something in new fantasy land, 4) castle, 5) liberty square, and 6) Frontierland. I do think that’s probably the max I’ve seen but could be wrong.

I chose no stops today, but the last couple years I’ve had a goal in the Disney races to get all pics. Any chance someone has a list of who the character (or background) pics were today?

Also, hoping someone on here is gonna be persistent and keep digging to find out something about Ivana Dream from yesterday.

I did all 3 races this weekend and was surprised a little bit by the repeat character stops. I guess it makes sense with the theme limiting things a bit, but it did surprise me. Here’s what I remember from the half (not necessarily in order):

Moana
Friends from Princess & the Frog
Olaf - there was snow flurries which I thought was cool
Mirabell
Mickey - he was on a raised display on Main Street and you could get selfies
Princess Daisy in Liberty Square
Snow, Cinderella & Aurora on a float on the way out of MK
Venelope von Schweetz
Tinkerbell or other Fairies (didn’t really get a good look at this one)
Mulan
Bell & Beast
Knight Donald
Friends from Toy Story - I saw Jesse
Mrs. Incredible
Raya
Judy Hopps
Joy & Sadness

There weren’t a lot of characters in MK, but a ton of photo pass photographers.

My two disappointments were no Clarabelle and no Jammitors! 😭 I don’t know if they were out earlier and I just missed them or what.

My two disappointments were no Clarabelle and no Jammitors! 😭 I don’t know if they were out earlier and I just missed them or what.
You’ll have a better chance of seeing Clarabelle on MW than Princess.

I really liked the three Epcot cast members near Spaceship Earth motioning us over to the right around a roped off section. They were so coordinated with their steps and their “Woos”. 😂

I chose no stops today, but the last couple years I’ve had a goal in the Disney races to get all pics. Any chance someone has a list of who the character (or background) pics were today?

Also, hoping someone on here is gonna be persistent and keep digging to find out something about Ivana Dream from yesterday.
Working on it!

Woke up at 6.57am today so I can do my virtual queue for Tron and I feel like I've gotten so much sleep!

There was also Esmerelda back stage at Epcot and a Rey selfie spot on the way into MK

I never saw Mickey! Where was he?
Mickey was with Minnie in a parade float right where Main Street meets the hub. No photopass there just a stop for a quick selfie if you wanted!

Hey everybody! My race was good yesterday. This was a crazy trip. I flew in Friday night, and got on the shuttle to MCO at 10:45am on Sunday. But I have my C2C medal and nobody can take that away from me!

One reason I love this race: The corrals are so friendly! I chatted with strangers most of the time I was waiting around in the corral. It really made time fly.

Somebody from FL please explain to me how it still felt humid at 50 degrees? That was unexpected. Still great race weather.

I didn't stop for any pictures until Spaceship Earth. However: I don't think they were letting runners go into the hub area in front of the castle to get pics at the time I went through?? Can anybody confirm this, was anybody else talking about it? I noticed people around me wanting to make that left out of the castle and they were waving us to the right. This was really early, about 50-55 min after the A Corral let out. I don't know if they weren't set up properly yet, or if I'm just imagining things. There were definitely PhotoPass photographers getting action shots as you come through as always.

I have to confess here: I did a terrible thing going down Main Street. I waved my arm out wide to wave to somebody in the crowd and poked a runner in the eye, that was zooming past me on the left!! I want to die. She said she was fine but I was behind her for about a quarter mile going through Tomorrowland and she was still rubbing her eye. Such an amateur move on my part and I'm worried I ruined the rest of her race, or at least her time in MK. If you see anybody on social media complaining about getting poked in the eye, tell her I feel terrible and she can poke me in the eye if she ever sees me again! I deserve it, I can't believe I made such a breach of race etiquette. Kids, keep those arms in! Don't do what I did!

I got to the castle at about 6:05 and the pictures in front of the hub were going on. Maybe you were too fast?

I got to the castle at about 6:05 and the pictures in front of the hub were going on. Maybe you were too fast?
Yeah I might just be confused also. It just looked like they were waving people off. Glad you were able to get them!

I was so excited we actually got to “run” to the castle and it wasn’t too crowded. I maneuvered to the left and made sure I had space in front of me to get a good pic. And then the two women in front of my slowed down for a selfie right before the ramp!!! I felt like @Naomeri and wanted to smack them. 😝 Thankfully I still got a good picture and you can see my friend behind me.

Attachments

• 56255ED2-ECB4-4BE1-A9E9-05511D80CBD3.jpeg
    56255ED2-ECB4-4BE1-A9E9-05511D80CBD3.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 29
Also, I came to MK for castle photos and it’s packed. I’ve been waiting for a ferry for 15 minutes. Probably the only time the monorail would have been faster! Thankfully I’m just here for pics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter