Princess Weekend 2024!

Just left the expo, snagged one of the last XL spirit jerseys. For those and the jackets, it was mostly just 2XL and 3XL left so happy to find it.

Also it looks like the cut off for corral B is something like 1,000? Are A and B small corrals or a lot of challenge people in them?

Iā€™m heading there tooā€¦ Iā€™m wearing a white long sleeved shirt and light pink visor

Will be there in some mins.. Iā€™m at the friendship boat station at Swanā€¦ // wearing the race shirt and a black WDW cap

Well I'm here but I don't seem to see anyone šŸ˜…
I'm in the 10k race shirt and a blue skirt!

Did they really run out of medals at the 10k today??
Yes. At least temporarily.
Idk. It was weird. I finished and got to the place where they usually are giving medals , and they had the people but they werenā€™t handing things, just smiling and waving. A mob managed to find a cast member and he told us that we had just missed it. We went back to where they were supposed to be handing, and they had medals to give us! Donā€™t know why they werenā€™t there before or if they had just found them. Very odd
After most all the runners finished they ā€œfoundā€ a few boxes.
They apparently didnā€™t open up enough boxes from what I heard. Once they did the problem got resolved. But definitely felt for anyone that dealt with that
Apparently a CM did an incorrect count on how many medals are actually in the boxes (itā€™s 50) and decided they didnā€™t need all the boxes that were on the truck. They rest of the medals werenā€™t discovered until after the runners had finished.
I donā€™t understand how that can happen. They know exactly how many people they let register, and they know exactly how many pick up their bibs, so they should have exactly the right number of medals available
Agreed. I was a volunteer at medals this morning and was so angry on the runners behalf. For the volunteers, organization has been chaotic at best since W&D. rD races are all about the atmosphere and having fun and you paid way too much money to be told at the end of your race sorry, we donā€™t have any medals please go to the information booth.
I truly hope everyone got their medals and had a great race (and that you didnā€™t have to stand in that awful line for too long)

Pics this morning: rapunzel and Flynn, Ariel and Eric, Tiana and naveen, Anna and elsa

Last edited:
well I finished somehow. If any of you ran into me on the second half youā€™ll know some of the story but basically I hit the tracks in MK just ā€˜rightā€™ and caused a spoke to come loose. Which means I lost all ability to get up to my normal speed and steering became a lot more difficult. With 6-7 miles to go you can imagine how panic inducing that was. Got to the finish with more then a bit of help as I became an unofficial duo. But we got it done

So did anyone else find it a bit weird that there was like only 4 stops in Magic Kingdom for photos? Including the castle. And one of those was backstage? Like I know itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve done a race through MK but I donā€™t remember it being so low before.

QUOTE="StarGirl11, post: 65339920, member: 416608"]
So did anyone else find it a bit weird that there was like only 4 stops in Magic Kingdom for photos? Including the castle. And one of those was backstage? Like I know itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve done a race through MK but I donā€™t remember it being so low before.
[/QUOTE]

Yes! I was so surprised! And actually stopped for princess daisy, it was a surprisingly short line

Last edited:

You canā€™t double up. The only way you can get both medals this season would be to do at least two WDW halfā€™s and both DLR halfā€™s.
I figured, but what rD says and what rD does are not always the same. Thanks for confirming!

Congrats to everyone on your races! All my previous Princess photos have been popping up all week and I was having a bit of FOMO. I may need to put this weekend back on the calendar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter