Princess Weekend 2024!

For both what? You mean your corral for the 10k and the Half is the same?
Yes it’s the same for both. No second letter
image.jpg
Also the shirt pickup is the worst I’ve ever seen in the decade I’ve been doing rD. For some reason some people decided on one line for the entire 5k pickup and it resulted in this. It seems to be smoothing out now but I did say something about crowd control at the staff
IMG_6488.jpeg

• Your bib number (feel free to use XX for the last two digits)
  • Your POT/estimated finish time (for HM/challenge) or estimated pace (for 5K/10K) from your registration. If you don't remember your estimate, you can find it in your registration info in your rD account
  • Once you pick up your bib, your corral
403xx - ? est. pace (rollDisney)
408** - 8:00-10:00 est. pace?
467xx - ? est. pace

313xx - 8:00-10:00 est. pace
338xx - 12:01-14:00 est. pace

HM
3XX - 1:55 HM POT
4XX - 1:57 HM POT
18xx - 2:30 est. finish
48XX - 2:15-2:30 est. finish
64XX - 2:30-2:45 est. finish
11xxx - 2:00 HM POT

Challenge
201XX - 1:45 HM POT, sub-8 est. pace for 10K
201XX - 1:51 HM POT
2060x - 56 10K POT
207XX - 2:07 HM POT
208xx - POT
209xx - 2:14 HM POT
221XX - 2:15-2:30 est. finish
237xx - 2:16-2:30 est. finish
239xx - ? est. finish (rollDisney)
Now that the expo is underway, do we have a sense of folks who have picked up their bibs and finding if the corrals match what they expected? I know, sitting home in MI with serious FOMO and I don't fly out until tomorrow AM. 🤣

Now that the expo is underway, do we have a sense of folks who have picked up their bibs and finding if the corrals match what they expected? I know, sitting home in MI with serious FOMO and I don't fly out until tomorrow AM. 🤣
Same, I fly out late tonight and I'm dying to know how far back I am for missing the POT cutoff. I wonder if I can show one now that I have a few and get bumped up to C if I land in D or E.

Back in my room and trying on the shirts and I kept thinking that the 5k shirt felt a bit tighter... Finally went and compared it against the other shirts (same size) and it's definitely smaller! Very bizarre.

Half contemplating getting a bus back to the expo and trying to exchange just the 5k shirt for the next size up...

Same, I fly out late tonight and I'm dying to know how far back I am for missing the POT cutoff. I wonder if I can show one now that I have a few and get bumped up to C if I land in D or E.
I’m in C with 239xx bib so you should at least be in there I would think if your bib is a 22xxx

Back in my room and trying on the shirts and I kept thinking that the 5k shirt felt a bit tighter... Finally went and compared it against the other shirts (same size) and it's definitely smaller! Very bizarre.

Half contemplating getting a bus back to the expo and trying to exchange just the 5k shirt for the next size up...
Just a heads up I hit the exchange early to change out my challenge shirts. But I heard them saying the only 5k shirts they had were small and extra small. This was around 1. It might have improved since then but I would factor in too your decision

Just a heads up I hit the exchange early to change out my challenge shirts. But I heard them saying the only 5k shirts they had were small and extra small. This was around 1. It might have improved since then but I would factor in too your decision
Thanks! Heading back to try my luck at the expo... At worst I'll just wander around the expo a bit more...

This was my first time going to the expo on day 1, and it wasn't too bad around 3 (although getting in and out of the parking lot was still kind of a mess).

I didn't really see much I liked in the way of merch in advance, but I joined the virtual queue before I left just in case and happened to get called just as I was arriving. No line to get in at that point, and I wandered around a bit but didn't see anything I wanted. (I was briefly tempted by the weekend capris, but then I realized the pockets were too small for my phone 🤨) No wait for bib or shirt pickup either, and no issues with sizing.

As @StarGirl11 said, challenge bibs have only one corral, so I'm A for both the 10K and HM - yay! 201XX

Thanks! Heading back to try my luck at the expo... At worst I'll just wander around the expo a bit more...
And success - absolutely no issues changing my size S to M! Went ahead and changed the challenge shirts too as decided I wanted a looser fit.

Must say I am very glad rundisney actually has stands set up for size exchange. I've had to use this for the two previous races I've done also and it makes such a difference being able to get sizes that fit well!

My local races don't have this which means I always have issues with sizing there... The closest I've seen at my local races was a board where you could post what you have and what you want and hope someone wants to do a trade, which doesn't work nearly as well...

64xx - D, which was expected.

I got the Finisher shirt for the half since it’s my first, as well as the weekend spirit jersey because I loved the color and sparkles. Picked up other odds and ends in the expo. I usually don’t do the expo on day one and it’s so much crazier!

In addition to the HH meetup on Saturday, don't forget there's an informal meetup before the races as well! Stop by the first lightpost in the reunion area (approximately where the orange dot is, across from baby care) to say hi to fellow DISers.

Princess.png
Princess weekend staging area with DIS meetup lightpost marked in orange

Just wandered through the rundisney merch area.

No more queue to get in just have to walk all the way around.

Lots of stuff still available in most sizes, the things I noted that were missing are a lot of the smaller sizes for jackets (one of them only had XL and XXL I think) and pins, but there may have been others.

Plenty of S/M sizes left for all the tshirts except for one shirt where I didn't see any S left. Think saw lots for other sizes too but wasn't looking specifically at the other sizes.

Also for anyone wondering about the expo vehicle issue. I talked with them before I went back to the hotel. And the logic I was given ‘well it’s just day 1 and we didn’t think we needed that many’

Aka the same logic that caused some of us wheels to have over an hour wait to get back to our hotels after the Springtime 5k. Which apparently Academy didn’t learn from.

I’ve been told this won’t happen tomorrow but I have zero faith at the moment

For those who received Coast to Coast last month at Disneyland, did you have to wear a wristband?? This thing is driving us nuts 😵‍💫🥴

We stopped by the expo right after leaving the airport. No virtual queue and straight into the merch area. Really didn’t love anything, so we grabbed our obligatory ornaments and magnets. I don’t usually buy 10k magnets, but she’s my favorite so had to! 🥰

I completely forgot to submit proof of time which was fine because my 15 year old is doing the challenge and completing her 2nd half marathon! She didn’t have a proof of time, so we planned to drop back to her corral as we did at Disneyland. My bib is 22xxx, hers is 23xxx, and we’re in C.

Oh, also, if you are coast to coast eligible, make sure the volunteer actually gives you a band at bib pick up. My daughter and I walked away without mention of coast to coast, but thankfully my husband’s volunteer noticed it and gave him a band! 😯

Oh, also, if you are coast to coast eligible, make sure the volunteer actually gives you a band at bib pick up. My daughter and I walked away without mention of coast to coast, but thankfully my husband’s volunteer noticed it and gave him a band! 😯
Yeah I had to tell a few people on social media that they needed the wrist band. Someone didn’t prep the volunteers thoroughly enough it appears

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter