Princess Weekend 2024!

Definitely keen for a meet up!

Just about 2.5 weeks until I start heading in the general direction of Orlando. A bit worried about the weather as I'm coming from somewhere really hot and humid (basically similar to Orlando in summer) and have no idea where any of my winter gear is or even if any of it fits, and it looks like it's been cold in Orlando lately. Plus I have overnight layovers in New York so probably need a bit of winter gear for that as well.

But very excited for the races and for Disney! And for all the ADRs I've booked for the few days after the races...

It's been "cold," but not compared to other places that have actual winter. I usually wear jogger pants and a long-sleeve shirt/hoodie during the day. But short sleeves and a jacket should also be fine, especially if it's sunny during the day. And who knows what the weather will be like at the end of the month. I'm praying it stays cooler so it'll be easier to run! :P

It's been "cold," but not compared to other places that have actual winter. I usually wear jogger pants and a long-sleeve shirt/hoodie during the day. But short sleeves and a jacket should also be fine, especially if it's sunny during the day. And who knows what the weather will be like at the end of the month. I'm praying it stays cooler so it'll be easier to run! :P
Yes I'm hoping that it will be just cool enough to make it easier to run!

I have bought a few thermal foil blankets for the cold mornings... have a light running jacket I haven't used since perhaps 2017 (not sure if it still fits!). Hopefully that will be enough until I warm up enough from running...

I might also finally get some use out of the long sleeved t shirts I got from when I did Wine and Dine in 2019! They've been worn perhaps once or twice (it's way too hot here for long sleeves, it's currently a "cold spell" with the temperature being 75˚F at night)... But will probably bring them along for this trip!

I think I also need to figure out how many pairs of running shoes I might want to bring too! My running shoes seem to have multiplied in the last year or so, especially when I discovered waterproof running shoes...

What have the temps been like? And does it feel muggy (like you can drink the air? 🤣 🙄🚰)
Currently it is 66 and sunny. The morning temps have been in the 40s-50s. It's definitely felt chilly when I've gone out to run for the past few weeks. Not humid at all. (I do end up sweating a bunch because I "run" hot.) We had a hot spell last weekend, but then it got cold again. I would love for it to be a little bit warmer during the day, but I'm praying the morning temps stay low until Princess.

I would love for it to be a little bit warmer during the day, but I'm praying the morning temps stay low until Princess.
Same! I tend to run hot (no pun intended 🤣 ) when I run so I would prefer it colder too but we also want to go to the water parks and swim at the resort so I am really hoping for warmer temps during the day.

If it's safe for you to complete the distance, I'll bet the environment of the race will help push you along. Hope you have a great time.

Thank you! I hope so. I have sort of different levels of goals:

1. Start
2. Get to the MK sign
3. Get to the castle
4. Finish

If I CAN finish (physically and also if they'll let me), I will finish. Time will tell!

Same! I tend to run hot (no pun intended 🤣 ) when I run so I would prefer it colder too but we also want to go to the water parks and swim at the resort so I am really hoping for warmer temps during the day.

Me too! I always have, but in the past year or so, it seems worse. Multiple doctors have tested me and swear I'm not in early menopause, but it sure is weird.

Thank you! I hope so. I have sort of different levels of goals:

1. Start
2. Get to the MK sign
3. Get to the castle
4. Finish

If I CAN finish (physically and also if they'll let me), I will finish. Time will tell!

Me too! I always have, but in the past year or so, it seems worse. Multiple doctors have tested me and swear I'm not in early menopause, but it sure is weird.
Goals I set:
1. Start
2. Get to the MK sign
3. Get to the castle (running through Main Street is cool)
4. Get over the 2 overpasses
5. Finish

Looking forward to next week, getting the bib number, and the 10 k route. I assume the 1/2 marathon route will be same as last few years (maybe a slight change in EPCOT)

Hi all!!!! In desperate need of help. I’ve never done a race before and I’m excited but have no idea what to expect. I know Disney very well but not race weekend. I’m only doing the 5K. A few questions:

1. What time should I get to the expo on Thursday? Driving down from Georgia.
2. Staying at Pop. How do the buses work? Do I need to take a bus to the expo or can I drive?
3. What time can I expect to finish? Wanting to make an ADR for breakfast for after the race. Currently have A&C at YC for 8:00am.
4. Last: I’m worried about my time. Is there a max? I am walking and am currently sitting at 55 mins to walk without stopping for photos and such.

Please help!!!!!! 🩷🩷🩷

The Expo officially opens at 10am, but they usually start letting people in before that. Just be aware you'll need to join the virtual queue to access the official runDisney merch area. The vendor merch area and the bib pickup doesnt require a VQ.

2. Staying at Pop. How do the buses work? Do I need to take a bus to the expo or can I drive?
You can do either. They'll have buses running regularly starting at about 9:00 am until Expo close. You can also take your own vehicle if you want.

3. What time can I expect to finish? Wanting to make an ADR for breakfast for after the race. Currently have A&C at YC for 8:00am.
The 5k isn't timed. They give us something around 3 hours I think? to finish from the start of the race at 5:00 am. Most people will do it in anything between 30 minutes and 2 hours if they walk and stop for a lot of pictures. This will depend on how much time you actually want to take on course.

How are you planning on getting to YC? You can't actually walk through Epcot at that time after the race. You can take the runners transport or your vehicle to drive from the Epcot parking lot to Yacht&Beach.

4. Last: I’m worried about my time. Is there a max? I am walking and am currently sitting at 55 mins to walk without stopping for photos and such.
See previous question :) It isn't timed. Last Princess 5k took me and my family 1h45 since we walked and stopped for some long character lines.

Expo is open from 10a-7 historically HOWEVER if you preordered or want to purchase official merchandise you need to join a virtual queue that opens historically at 830am and you need to be within a certain mileage of the resort to join
You can drive if you want however they also run busses… there will be charter busses lined up in the bus loop area the official guide says they start at 3am but they sometimes leave closer to 230-245 in my experience at pop
It depends on pace/waiting for characters
Springtime surprise I was in coral D waited for two characters on course (20-30 min ish total) and was meeting my second post race character at 7:05 based on my camera roll
Wine & Dine I was in B waited for one character on course (which was 45 mins long) and the star jumper outside guardians by 6:55 I was crossing the finish and after only stopping for at I did it picture due to a non running party member grabbing a low group for tron was back in my room at pop at 7:38

Please help!!!!!! 🩷🩷🩷
The 5K is untimed… cast will definitely give you warnings… during W&D 19 I was in the first character line and was told the last runners we’re crossing the start and if I stayed in line I’d have to constantly move the rest of race no stopping (I vacated that line and stopped for two other characters no issues) during this years W&D I was in line and the CM warned that the character (which was just before mile 2) would be getting pulled at 7:15 (I was already halfway through the line.. met them, posed for a pic outside guardians and still finished before that time)

Sidebar unrelated…Gasparilla just sent out bib numbers to their participants so I’m sensing event guide for princess should be this week 🤞🏻

Looking for any input from others that have been able to defer or get a refund due to injury. My wife and I are registered for princess, but she slipped down our deck steps yesterday morning and broke her tailbone, t8 vertebrae, and added a bruised rib. We will still go and I will run, but the doctor said no running for at least 6 weeks. I know the written policy, but was curious if anyone had experience with exceptions. Thanks

Looking for any input from others that have been able to defer or get a refund due to injury. My wife and I are registered for princess, but she slipped down our deck steps yesterday morning and broke her tailbone, t8 vertebrae, and added a bruised rib. We will still go and I will run, but the doctor said no running for at least 6 weeks. I know the written policy, but was curious if anyone had experience with exceptions. Thanks
I was signed up for the DL -HM but caught a virus the days before, then couldn’t travel. I wrote them an email and they got me a “refund” for about 40% thr amount paid. It took some days to get a response, but I found it good enough knowing that it is non refundable non transferable. I don't know though if it is policy or depends on the case by case situation.
Hope that your wife feels better soon.

Best wishes to your wife! My goodness winter is treacherous.

Also got a refund for half the DL cost. My email to RD was specifically to ask them to consider offering race insurance, i.e. I didn't flat out ask for anything. Never hurts to ask.

Hopefully we get some information this week!
Because I'm traveling solo, I decided to change my flight so I fly home Sunday instead of Monday. Weirdly, when I tried to modify my reservation at Pop to just knock off a day, I couldn't do it because there wasn't "availability". No availability to remove a day?!?! Not sure what that means, but I couldn't knock off a day and keep the other days I had booked. So I booked the Dolphin instead for almost the same rate that I had at Pop for those 2 days I wanted. If I really miss the food court at Pop I suppose I can take the skyliner...

Hopefully we get some information this week!
Because I'm traveling solo, I decided to change my flight so I fly home Sunday instead of Monday. Weirdly, when I tried to modify my reservation at Pop to just knock off a day, I couldn't do it because there wasn't "availability". No availability to remove a day?!?! Not sure what that means, but I couldn't knock off a day and keep the other days I had booked. So I booked the Dolphin instead for almost the same rate that I had at Pop for those 2 days I wanted. If I really miss the food court at Pop I suppose I can take the skyliner...
I have come across the same issue. To get the day drop, you need to call Disney and talk with a CM to modify the reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter