Princess Weekend 2024!

Just in case anyone out there wants to volunteer, the volunteer signup page is linked to from the rundisney page.

Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. If you're on mobile, click on see more links. Mobile or computer, go to the Exhibitors and Volunteer section and click on Princess. Log in, sign up. Some things are "sold out", but by no means all.

My cousin and I are participating in the 5&10 this year, and are volunteering to give out medals at the Half. Then doing yoga the next day.

For us, getting the medals is SO important, and we want to make it nice for the people who get them from us.
Do you know if kids are allowed to volunteer? My husband would love to volunteer, but we have a 7 year old who isn't doing the 5K.

Now that the Marathon weekend has been completed, getting excited for the Princess weekend... When does RunDisney typically sends out the routes for races for the weekend?
I would expect the routes for the 5k and half to be fundamentally the same as the routes for Marathon Weekend (loop around Epcot for 5k, from Epcot to MK and back for the half). The 10k is more of a toss-up, they have a few options they can choose from.

Last year the guide was released in mid-Feb.

Do you know if kids are allowed to volunteer? My husband would love to volunteer, but we have a 7 year old who isn't doing the 5K.

Alas, not that young. I checked for the 5K and this is what it shows.

1704853214442.png

But cheering for everyone is about the same level of fulfillment to the supporter and about the same level of appreciation to the runner/walker as normal volunteering. Not sure if taht sentence made sense grammatically, but I think it can be figured out. :)

Hello! Posting here, as well as the YC thread..... Wondering if anyone knows if I will have a challenge getting to MK for early entry on Sunday, Feb 25 from Yacht Club via bus? Princess half marathon is running that morning and Disney has a vague disclaimer about road closures... anyone have experience or insight? TIA!

Hello! Posting here, as well as the YC thread..... Wondering if anyone knows if I will have a challenge getting to MK for early entry on Sunday, Feb 25 from Yacht Club via bus? Princess half marathon is running that morning and Disney has a vague disclaimer about road closures... anyone have experience or insight? TIA!
I don’t think you’ll have a problem. Early entry is at 8:30. By then, the runners will be clear of MK, and roads should be opening.

Sorry if this has been posted already - asking what the favorite off-site hotels are foe the group?

I've only stayed at Hilton Bonnet Creek for the Star Wars half in '18 and looking to book offsite for Princess Half.

Thanks-

Coast to Coast medals have been shared

View attachment 818713
I am contemplating signing up for the new DL Halloween race to get one of these medals but I'm confused which one I would receive. I'm doing the Fairytale Challenge next month (that qualifies as the 'half' right?)

If I finish the challenge in California do we get the round medal of the rectangle one?

I am contemplating signing up for the new DL Halloween race to get one of these medals but I'm confused which one I would receive. I'm doing the Fairytale Challenge next month (that qualifies as the 'half' right?)

If I finish the challenge in California do we get the round medal of the rectangle one?
You'll get the round one.

The rectangle one is only for people who did the Half or the Full this past Marathon Weekend and who are doing the Half this coming DL weekend.

The graphic on this page illustrates the different combinations pretty well:
https://www.rundisney.com/coast-to-coast/

So here is a link to last year's road closures for the half. Keep in mind, the closures are based on the course that was run last year--this could change. But if the course remains close/same, then you may have some issues--some roads didn't open back up til 8. It's possible the buses may take a different route to get to MK drop off, or if the road re-opening is delayed, may even possibly go to TTC.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/v...ll=28.412079514887292,-81.57765507564204&z=15

Best bet is to check the digital expo guide when it comes out, as it will have the road closure map. They reuse the link for each weekend, but when it is posted (week or 2? in advance) it should be at: (under half marathon event info)

https://www.rundisneyexpo.run/expo

Round. They confirmed it at the expo

For those that have done it, any advice on transitioning from Dopey to Princess? Do I jump right back into training as if I was doing a Half?

I'm starting to get antsy and will try to run some time at the start of this week. Was wondering if I need to reverse taper or not. In practice, we have 4 weeks of training left.

For those that have done it, any advice on transitioning from Dopey to Princess? Do I jump right back into training as if I was doing a Half?

I'm starting to get antsy and will try to run some time at the start of this week. Was wondering if I need to reverse taper or not. In practice, we have 4 weeks of training left.
I didn't run at all for a couple of weeks. I walked and did a lot of stretching. It looks like I did 4 miles on the 23rd, then my next 2 long runs were 8.5 and 9.5 and then I tapered.

Your next!!!!
Which scares me as I have Gasparilla that weekend and haven’t managed anything longer then a 10k since early December and I’m signed up for the 15K….

I'm taking this week easy after doing the DL 10K Saturday. I got home yesterday and it's snowing today. I have acupuncture tomorrow, and hopefully it'll address some of my sore spots. Then I have a sports massage Sunday and I know that definitely will get into my muscles :rotfl2:. I'm about to get some more time on my hands in February that I can devote to training.

My plan is a little diff bc I did Dopey to Dumbo. But I am taking this week completely off and then two short runs + three short bikes next week. Then I will resume my normal schedule with a 1:15 long run and then a 1:45 long run the following week. Idk about taper yet bc my coach hasn’t loaded that in.

Is anyone pre-ordering any merch for Princess weekend? I'm very tempted by the loungefly... Just that it's hard for me to decide without seeing it in person!

I had planned on taking at least a week off after Goofy, but I’m into my second week off now that I’ve come down with a cold. Getting pretty tired of sitting around but I don’t really have a choice. I’m using my down time to plan out a core strengthening and stretching routine. Then I just have to do it.

Last year after the half I was in a similar situation. I think I had about 5 weeks of training before Princess using a new program. No taper just lighter mileage the week before. I think it’s more about holding onto your conditioning than adding a lot to it at this point.

Edit: I’ll probably just go back into my Goofy training plan and modify it a little bit. Maybe start out somewhere in the middle so I’m still getting some good time on my feet in but not going overboard.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter