Princess Weekend 2024!

Important note: Yoga is now taking place on the Monday after the half, not on the day of the expo. February 26 at 5:30 am.

"A Relaxing Ending to a Magical Weekend! After pushing yourself to be your very best and strongest, it’s time to treat your body to some well-earned yoga in Magic Kingdom park––near Cinderella Castle."
Thank you for calling that out! It would have taken ages for me to notice.

"Prices include a 6.6% platform service fee."

Is this new? That it's included; which I read as being included in the shown price...

I like the princesses but the art is just okay to me. I won't be as jealous this year as I was with the art from last year. Since sadly I can't go.

I think it might be a good time to remember that not everyone is here every single year. This is my first princess in about a decade. And I was entirely in the tiara medal era. So for me this is the first time I'll have a chance to earn medals that are the actual princesses. And I love Tiana and Frozen. So I'm happy with them being back.
Thank you so much for saying this. For the people complaining about the same princesses being used multiple times, maybe it’s time to take a break from RunDisney or Princess Weekend. If you’re truly in it for the experience and the race itself, who cares who the princess is. Disney isn’t entitled to cater to the “run all the races” people who are keeping tabs on how many Tiana medals they have compared to some other Princess. It just makes me frustrated because I guarantee some of the people who run every year and are unhappy with the choices will still sign up while others who just want to run once and don’t care about the themes could get shut out during registration.

Thank you so much for saying this. For the people complaining about the same princesses being used multiple times, maybe it’s time to take a break from RunDisney or Princess Weekend. If you’re truly in it for the experience and the race itself, who cares who the princess is. Disney isn’t entitled to cater to the “run all the races” people who are keeping tabs on how many Tiana medals they have compared to some other Princess. It just makes me frustrated because I guarantee some of the people who run every year and are unhappy with the choices will still sign up while others who just want to run once and don’t care about the themes could get shut out during registration.
I have only run Princess once and I am a male so Princess isn't really the weekend for me in the first place but I see both sides to this. I don't think it matters personally whether you run princess every year or not. Some princesses they have used all the time. I would assume everyone has a favorite princess or at least one they are most fond of and don't care as much if they consistently use that one.

Here are the princesses that have been used...

Ariel - 2024, 2021, 2016
Jasmine - 2023, 2019
Rapunzel - 2024, 2021, 2018, 2012
Tiana - 2024, 2022, 2021, 2010
Anna/Elsa - 2024, 2015
Moana - 2023, 2022, 2020
Cinderella - 2023, 2022, 2020, 2018, 2014 (technically almost every year as she was the original mascot for Princess)
Pocahontas - 2020
Elena - 2019
Aurora - 2020 (fairies), 2019
Merida - 2018
Snow White - 2018
Belle - 2023, 2021, 2017, 2011
Mulan - 2022, 2019

So clearly some have been used way more than others. For someone whose favorite princess may be Merida or Pocahontas its kind of disappointing I would think.

I know on socials I have seen a lot of people wish for some princess adjacent things like Princess Leia or other characters in princess films like the sidekicks or something.

Last edited:

I think it's really hard to find common ground that will please all the princess fans. I certainly have my favorite princess (hello...Jasmine! LOL!) and sure, I would have loved to see Snow White as the Half or Ariel as the Half but...it's still a RunDisney race in February, when all I want to do is escape MICHIGAN winter! 🥶❄️ And honestly, I am just excited to have this highly supportive group of runners on the DISboards that will help some us get through the brutal registration day coming up in a few short weeks. 🤣

Signed,
Not a Club RunDisney member 😅

I have only run Princess once and I am a male so Princess isn't really the weekend for me in the first place but I see both sides to this. I don't think it matters personally whether you run princess every year or not. Some princesses they have used all the time. I would assume everyone has a favorite princess or at least one they are most fond of and don't care as much if they consistently use that one.

Here are the princesses that have been used...

Ariel - 2024, 2021, 2016
Jasmine - 2023, 2019
Rapunzel - 2024, 2021, 2018, 2012
Tiana - 2024, 2022, 2021, 2010
Anna/Elsa - 2024, 2015
Moana - 2023, 2022, 2020
Cinderella - 2023, 2022, 2020, 2018, 2014 (technically almost every year as she was the original mascot for Princess)
Pocahontas - 2020
Elena - 2019
Aurora - 2020 (fairies), 2019
Merida - 2018
Snow White - 2018, 2017
Belle - 2023, 2021, 2017, 2011
Mulan - 2022, 2019

So clearly some have been used way more than others. For someone whose favorite princess may be Merida or Pocahontas its kind of disappointing I would think.

I know on socials I have seen a lot of people wish for some princess adjacent things like Princess Leia or other characters in princess films like the sidekicks or something.
Considering the whole thing with Pocahontas I’m not sure if she’ll ever be one they use very often.

Snow White considering she’s the OG I’m surprised hasn’t been featured more often to be honest.

Leia I could think maybe in future years? Gotta remember prior to 21 we had a Star Wars weekend for a few years so there was no real reason to put Leia on a Princess medal. But considering she was featured at DL’s Princess night this year her being added I don’t think is entirely outside the realm of possibility.

Last edited:
Considering the whole thing with Pocahontas I’m not sure if she’ll ever be one they use very often.

Snow White considering she’s the OG I’m surprised hasn’t been featured more often to be honest.

Leia I could think maybe in future years? Gotta remember prior to 21 we had a Star Wars weekend for a few years so there was no real reason to put Leia on a Princess medal. But considering she was featured at DL’s Princess night this year her being added I don’t think is entirely outside the realm of possibility.
I know that this is a little off-topic, but can I PLEASE ask anyone else who is interested in Star Wars for Springtime Surprise to send a message to runDisney. If enough people request Star Wars, then they might acquiesce.

It was included last season too; yes, the price you see will be the price you pay on registration day

Thanks. Guess I haven't been paying completely attention!

IMO they should stop announcing themes altogether. You want to do the weekend? Do it. You'll find out much later who the "host" is etc.

Thanks. Guess I haven't been paying completely attention!

IMO they should stop announcing themes altogether. You want to do the weekend? Do it. You'll find out much later who the "host" is etc.
That's how they did it pre-COVID. When I signed up for the 2019 weekend we didn't get the themes until a couple months before.

That's how they did it pre-COVID. When I signed up for the 2019 weekend we didn't get the themes until a couple months before.
Yep that’s how it was pre-virtual usually theme key art would be teased post registration….

Honestly I have liked the change as I probably would of done just the 10k during the 22/23 wine and dine weekends if I didn’t know the 5K theme going in

But weren’t they also not selling out? Offering discounts at expos? Seems like a no brainer for them to continue the early announcement when it usually sells out on the first day the last couple of years.

But weren’t they also not selling out? Offering discounts at expos? Seems like a no brainer for them to continue the early announcement when it usually sells out on the first day the last couple of years.
I don't think not having the themes was the reason for not selling out. I think you had several factors. Princess historically is the weekend that mostly always sells out. Its quite rare that it doesn't. Princess started with no real themes other than "princess" as well. I think it could still be fine if they didn't have a specific princess for each distance.

Other weekends have different aspects/factors. Marathon Weekend for example, you have a marathon which is a much more daunting distance. That specific race has not always sold out. Pre-covid these races also were much larger. Now post-covid with a smaller field its obviously easier to sell out when you have less space. You also had a covid running boom and the "influencer" effect. Not until really 2019-2020 did we see the influencers really start to take to runDisney. Now they all think they are runDisney experts after a couple races or even just one in some cases.

People with large followings advertise these races essentially making them more sought after. A lot of the people who ran Disney pre-2018 will tell you they found these races organically. I for example discovered runDisney in 2014 when a relative of mine ran. I know other who had trips during a runDisney weekend and said "they have races?" and then proceeded to sign up for a future one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter