• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Princess Weekend 2023 (Feb 23-26, 2023)

Hi
What time should I book the flight back on Sunday pls?

First timer, not a runner, i will be in the half marathon on Sunday… so let’s assume that I will be right next to the balloon ladies LoL…

Would be reasonable to book a flight at 2pm?

Thanks!

Hi

First timer, not a runner, i will be in the half marathon on Sunday… so let’s assume that I will be right next to the balloon ladies LoL…

Thanks!
I would go later than that. I’m a little faster than you, but for the 2022 Princess Half, I didn’t finish until 9:30, didn’t get back to my hotel room until like 10:30, and was in no fit state to go anywhere until after 11. A 2pm flight will really rush you and stress you out, and you might be extremely sore (hopefully not, but it’s possible). Make your flight much later in the day, or, if possible, don’t leave until Monday.

I would go later than that. I’m a little faster than you, but for the 2022 Princess Half, I didn’t finish until 9:30, didn’t get back to my hotel room until like 10:30, and was in no fit state to go anywhere until after 11. A 2pm flight will really rush you and stress you out, and you might be extremely sore (hopefully not, but it’s possible). Make your flight much later in the day, or, if possible, don’t leave until Monday.
I second this. I flew home late in the evening after my first Princess which was my first half, and I was so sore for three days afterwards. No other flight worked so I had to fly back Sunday night and not being able to do parks meant I didn’t do anything to flush out the soreness from my legs.

I second this. I flew home late in the evening after my first Princess which was my first half, and I was so sore for three days afterwards. No other flight worked so I had to fly back Sunday night and not being able to do parks meant I didn’t do anything to flush out the soreness from my legs.

You also miss out on medal photos on property! If that's your thing.

Thanks!

Hi

Thanks!

I would really suggest going home Monday, if you can swing it.

@keahgirl8 If you're booking a cash DVC room, the availability is different than using points, and I think they have the same cancellation policies as for other cash rooms. For points, ugh, it's brutal. I have basic stuff booked but I really want to tweak part of it in the middle and I don't know if it'll be possible.

First timer, hanging out with the balloon ladies...you might very well be hurting. A 2pm flight means leaving property at 11ish. Don't do that. Go much much later in the afternoon/evening, or wait until Monday if possible. Bring another pair of shoes (or something like oofos or crocs) and after getting human again (for me that means a long shower, arnica, and wintergreen essential oils all over my legs LOL) get out and walk.

Hi

Thanks!
While it’s possible, I wouldn’t book a 2pm flight the day of my first half marathon. My nerves were already all over the place the day of my first half (which was also the Princess half :)), and adding in having to be on a 2pm flight would’ve added another layer of stress.

While the best option would be to fly home Monday if you can, I always have to fly home Sunday due to work obligations. I always pick one of the latest flights that night. It’s not ideal, but I sleep on the plane and find a way to get up for work the next morning lol. After the race I shower, eat, and head to the parks for medal photos. This allows me to keep moving until my flight which helps tremendously with the soreness. Another tidbit, while entirely unnecessary, I often will keep the room for Sunday night even though I’m not staying. It’s more costly that way, but it’s 100% worth it to me to have a home base until I’m ready to leave for the airport.

Hi

Thanks!
Reasonable? Sure. But may not be the best option for you. It would definitely work for me. I did a 4pm flight after my first full at WDW, and it was fine. But if you can delay it, go for it. The balloon ladies should finish right around 9:30am if that helps.

@keahgirl8 If you're booking a cash DVC room, the availability is different than using points, and I think they have the same cancellation policies as for other cash rooms. For points, ugh, it's brutal. I have basic stuff booked but I really want to tweak part of it in the middle and I don't know if it'll be possible.

I was renting points. It's my first time doing it and I had no clue how early I needed to book. I'll know better for next year.

We’ve got our hotels booked for February - but so far, no Swan/Dolphin availability (our preferred hotels, been checking daily for weeks!).

Just checked WDW hotels to see what other options are available and those appear fully booked from 2/22-2/26 too.

Gonna be a busy weekend in the parks!!!

We’ve got our hotels booked for February - but so far, no Swan/Dolphin availability (our preferred hotels, been checking daily for weeks!).

Just checked WDW hotels to see what other options are available and those appear fully booked from 2/22-2/26 too.

Yes! So much is booked! I had to just hurry up and get something before I ended up having to stay off property.

Wow! We rented points to stay at OKW about 2 months ago. I can't believer there are ZERO hotels available (I just checked too!). There are some DVC rental options available... 1 and 2 bedrooms at Saratoga Springs seem to be the most reasonable (no studios anywhere).

Now I’m thinking of changing my costume for the 5k. Disney has so many great characters. Originally I’ve been planning a Tinkerbell mashup and have the skirt and top. Now I’m thinking Jessie the Cowgirl and can easily find stuff online for that outfit. The hat can be a red visor because I’m not running in a cowgirl hat…
My wife found this online... this store has so many cool outfits! https://www.etsy.com/listing/128493...ck_sum=56e453bf&ref=shop_home_active_16&frs=1

I’m sure this was probably asked, but the search wasn’t helpful-

Planning on getting dropped off by family members in the morning for the race (staying off property about 15 min away).

Where/ when can I find road closure information, how long should I reasonably expect it to actually take? (Staying by Disney Springs), and where exactly can we get dropped off?

Thanks so much!!

Planning on getting dropped off by family members in the morning for the race (staying off property about 15 min away).

Where/ when can I find road closure information, how long should I reasonably expect it to actually take? (Staying by Disney Springs), and where exactly can we get dropped off?

Thanks so much!!
The exact road closure info will be available in the race guide that comes out like a week(?) before races

Thanks so much!!

They haven't taken down this year's Princess event guide yet (but will soon--they only use one url for all) so look here:
https://guide.rundisney.events/transportation/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter