Princess Weekend 2023 (Feb 23-26, 2023)

All of the brief openings of the Princess weekend races are really tempting me this morning. I know it's a long shot to actually get a registration at this point, but I'm thinking now I'd like to do the half that weekend too (I'm already signed up for the 10k).

If the expo closes at 8pm... how late do you think we can arrive I we just need to pick up bibs?

If the expo closes at 8pm... how late do you think we can arrive I we just need to pick up bibs?
Do you mean what time can you get to the Expo or to the parking lot. Realistically speaking, I think that you should park your car no later than 7:45 to make sure that you can walk all the way to the State Farm Field House in order to pick up your bibs.

The inclines at Disney wouldn’t faze me if they were just level, it’s the angled road, while also going uphill, that sucks so much 😆😆
And there's just no way to train for that tilt.

Then again, would I want to? A few years back I was training on an indoor track with a bit of a tilt at the turns, and they had it so track users went clockwise one day, counter the other, etc. Alas I was training every other day so I always hit it going the same way, and that was the start of my knee problems.

And there's just no way to train for that tilt.

Then again, would I want to? A few years back I was training on an indoor track with a bit of a tilt at the turns, and they had it so track users went clockwise one day, counter the other, etc. Alas I was training every other day so I always hit it going the same way, and that was the start of my knee problems.
I’m having similar trouble now. My local track goes odd/even, so my tendinitis ankle is on the wrong side every other week for 3/4 runs. I’m fine for the occasional left turn, but constant left turns every minute (or 30 seconds if I’m on the little indoor track) are a bit much. I’m just glad it’s not tilted too!

All of the brief openings of the Princess weekend races are really tempting me this morning. I know it's a long shot to actually get a registration at this point, but I'm thinking now I'd like to do the half that weekend too (I'm already signed up for the 10k).
What? Did I miss a chance to sign up for a bib? Was there some sort of notification?

I thought I was signed up for rD emails. Maybe not. Just dang. If possible, I'd still like to run next month while I'm there.
Someone else will hopefully post the link, but there is a twitter or instagram account that will send you a notice moments after an opening occurs. I do not believe it is official runDisney

I thought I was signed up for rD emails. Maybe not. Just dang. If possible, I'd still like to run next month while I'm there.
RunDisney doesn't send any notifications out when a race reopens. It just shows up as open on the registration site and is usually gone within a matter of minutes. As @Kerry1957 said, there's an automated Twitter account that monitors the site and sends out notifications as soon as an opening appears. You've got to be quick to snag one, though.

RunDisney doesn't send any notifications out when a race reopens. It just shows up as open on the registration site and is usually gone within a matter of minutes. As @Kerry1957 said, there's an automated Twitter account that monitors the site and sends out notifications as soon as an opening appears. You've got to be quick to snag one, though.
Thanks guys. I've added it to my twitter feed.

We were watching videos of the MW5k to show my kids what to expect next month. My daughter will be dressed as Taffyta Muttonfudge. When I told her that Taffyta was a rare character and probably wouldn't be on course, she replied:
"People will come to see me then! I'll be on social media!!!"
(She is 7)
🤦‍♀️🤣

At least she's excited!

We were watching videos of the MW5k to show my kids what to expect next month. My daughter will be dressed as Taffyta Muttonfudge. When I told her that Taffyta was a rare character and probably wouldn't be on course, she replied:
"People will come to see me then! I'll be on social media!!!"
(She is 7)
🤦‍♀️🤣

At least she's excited!
So cute! We'll look for her!

We should do our own version of SAFD/QOTD on here too to keep the conversation going. Anyone in? I'll start!

P(rincess)QOTD: Do you have any traditions around the races?

ATTPQOTD:
My newish race tradition is to not go on a park on Expo Day. We used to go wait in line early until it opened (my kids hate that big waiting room :P) but this year we'll wait at the resort until it's near our VQ. We spend a decent amount of time at the Expo (around 3 hours), have lunch or snacks. Go back to the hotel for a swim, then an early dinner at DS which have enough restaurants to keep my ADHD kids entertained. This year is Raglan Road at 5pm.

I also enjoy a good mimosa after the last race. This year is the Mimosa Flight at Whispering Canyon 8-)

We should do our own version of SAFD/QOTD on here too to keep the conversation going. Anyone in? I'll start!

P(rincess)QOTD: Do you have any traditions around the races?

ATTPQOTD:
My newish race tradition is to not go on a park on Expo Day. We used to go wait in line early until it opened (my kids hate that big waiting room :P) but this year we'll wait at the resort until it's near our VQ. We spend a decent amount of time at the Expo (around 3 hours), have lunch or snacks. Go back to the hotel for a swim, then an early dinner at DS which have enough restaurants to keep my ADHD kids entertained. This year is Raglan Road at 5pm.

I also enjoy a good mimosa after the last race. This year is the Mimosa Flight at Whispering Canyon 8-)
I’ve done 3 rD weekends scattered over 13 years, so no rD traditions. I really need to fix that.
I guess I’ll start with HH next month…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter