Princess Weekend 2022

So... I was snooping around on instagram, and it appears that #joggingjacksparrow will be putting in an appearance during Princess weekend.

Anyone know where I can get some rum flavored Gu for him?

(For anyone not following the Marathon Weekend thread, the guy ran all 4 Dopey races in a full Jack Sparrow costume, remaining mostly in character. He even ran like Jack Sparrow in portions where there were a lot of spectators. :worship:)

For those of you running the 10k and hitting the parks after, what is your itinerary? I’m new to this and can’t figure out if we stay out straight from the race or what. We have park hoppers and went to hit MK and end at EP. Maybe see other parks. But the 2:00 hopper time is frustrating. Thanks!

For those of you running the 10k and hitting the parks after, what is your itinerary? I’m new to this and can’t figure out if we stay out straight from the race or what. We have park hoppers and went to hit MK and end at EP. Maybe see other parks. But the 2:00 hopper time is frustrating. Thanks!
For every race I always go back to the room, shower, put on my race shirt and medal(s) and then visit a park for medal photos. I'm keeping this race weekend pretty low key though. I don't have any set plans for this weekend other than running the races.

As for me, I (almost) always go shower first because I have yet to finish a runDisney race not drenched in sweat. Actually, ONCE (after the 2019 Star Wars half) I had DH bring me a change of clothes and I changed in the bathrooms east of Spaceship Earth. Washed up a little with on the go wipes. Regular park guests in the bathrooms gave me some funny looks but it was do-able. I still was walking around pretty gross because wipes can only do so much :blush:

Are we starting at 5AM? Even if it's 6AM, imagine you're taking your time and taking 2 hours to finish. Parks don't really open so early nowadays. If you are staying at a Disney resort and you get a half hour early, then mmmmaybe if we start at 6 not 5 and mmmmmaybe if you take your time finishing and mmmmaybe if a park starts early... (on the Saturday of the 10k MK opens early at 8:30 for resort guests) it might be worth skipping the trip back to the hotel and changing. Any 10k race I personally am heading back to the hotel to relax a bit.

As for me, I (almost) always go shower first because I have yet to finish a runDisney race not drenched in sweat. Actually, ONCE (after the 2019 Star Wars half) I had DH bring me a change of clothes and I changed in the bathrooms east of Spaceship Earth. Washed up a little with on the go wipes. Regular park guests in the bathrooms gave me some funny looks but it was do-able. I still was walking around pretty gross because wipes can only do so much :blush:

Are we starting at 5AM? Even if it's 6AM, imagine you're taking your time and taking 2 hours to finish. Parks don't really open so early nowadays. If you are staying at a Disney resort and you get a half hour early, then mmmmaybe if we start at 6 not 5 and mmmmmaybe if you take your time finishing and mmmmaybe if a park starts early... (on the Saturday of the 10k MK opens early at 8:30 for resort guests) it might be worth skipping the trip back to the hotel and changing. Any 10k race I personally am heading back to the hotel to relax a bit.

I THINK it’s been confirmed race start is 5am? So I think if ~2 hours is your finish time you could totally sneak back and shower/change and get to the parks within the first hour of opening.

There’s no way I would subject my fellow park goers to my post-race self 😆, I’m definitely showering afterward. And eating breakfast.

Hi all,
The half will be my first run Disney race. Prepping for what to wear and have a question, can I wear a jacket or sweater over my clothes and thus covering the bib just until the start of the race? Or does the bib have to be visible at all times?

Hi all,
The half will be my first run Disney race. Prepping for what to wear and have a question, can I wear a jacket or sweater over my clothes and thus covering the bib just until the start of the race? Or does the bib have to be visible at all times?
Yes, you can wear things over the bib in the corrals and toss it aside before you start (all discarded clothing and blankets will be collected and donated)

Hi all,
Just to add to the answer you already received: You can wear your jacket/sweater/etc over your bib while you're waiting for the race to start. They'll just need to see it when you're entering your corral.

Prepping for what to wear and have a question, can I wear a jacket or sweater over my clothes and thus covering the bib just until the start of the race? Or does the bib have to be visible at all times?
Yes but during the (long) walk to the corrals I had a million cast members ask me to show them my bib so I eventually just lifted my sweatshirt up and kept it like that.

Yes, you can wear things over the bib in the corrals and toss it aside before you start (all discarded clothing and blankets will be collected and donated)

Ok great thanks!

Yes but during the (long) walk to the corrals I had a million cast members ask me to show them my bib so I eventually just lifted my sweatshirt up and kept it like that.

Ok good to know, thanks 😊

Hey hey fellow royals!

I'm interested in hearing what everyone is doing around the race weekend? Anyone have any special experiences, ADRs, park days, massages, spa days booked? DATW? ;)

For my part, my only "special" thing is WBG for my post-HM brunch, and 'Ohana for my post-HM dinner. And of course HH on Saturday :)

I do have two park days booked for Friday and Saturday but intend on keeping it really mellow.

Hey hey fellow royals!

I'm interested in hearing what everyone is doing around the race weekend? Anyone have any special experiences, ADRs, park days, massages, spa days booked? DATW? ;)

For my part, my only "special" thing is WBG for my post-HM brunch, and 'Ohana for my post-HM dinner. And of course HH on Saturday :)

I do have two park days booked for Friday and Saturday but intend on keeping it really mellow.
ooh - i'd be interested in hearing ideas b/c i'm pondering a massage at mandara spa at dolphin. just don't know where to fit it in.

and what would thoughts be on when to go to expo:

land thursday at 5 and have dinner at Toledo at 8. friday is a "free" day, no parks. saturday is 10k and park day.

should i squeeze in expo straight from the airport on thursday? then i don't have to go on friday? or since this is my first ever rundisney experience, save the expo for friday and not rush it?

thanks!

I arrive on the 23rd and leave on the 2nd, and I’ve got park days booked for all days except the 2nd, but how much I actually do in the parks will be determined by how I feel.

I’ll be at the HH meetup, and I’ve got Beaches & Cream booked for my post-half lunch, but other than that, I’m not planning too much. My focus for Sunday and Monday will be getting medal pics in front of each park icon.

You don't even know how much I wished you were at the meetup last week.

And trust me, I just looked at allllllll of the options. Flying out of my local airport (not atrocious if I went solo, but still expensive.) Flying out of Grand Rapids. Flying out of Detroit. Flying down on Saturday and back on Sunday. Friday-Sunday. Saturday-Monday. I would HAVE to rent a car if I took the toddler. There are no value resort available (I have a feeling that will change in 10 days when that 30-day window hits) which would mean staying off-site, which if I had a car wouldn't be much of an issue.

I DO have all of the "birthday money" still from last week, but I'm pretty sure I can't stretch that far enough to squish in a race weekend.

I have done the same thing... pricing on southwest and pricing on google flights. What if left on Friday or early Saturday... what if I drove to Dallas first instead of OKC? Any DVC Studios open at all? anywhere for just one night? Would the husband kill me if I left him for the weekend with both kids?

I keep waiting for the half to just sell out so I stop torturing myself.

Hey hey fellow royals!

My wife is the one who plans most of that out. According to the Google Doc, we're doing:

Sunday - Arrival, Lunch at Hotel (SS), EPCOT Dinner at Booths, Stay for night time show
Monday - Rope Drop DHS, Gigi Droid, Lunch at Brown Derby, Dinner at Hotel, MK until 10pm
Tuesday - Rope Drop MK, Lunch Hotel, BIL/SIL Golf, Dinner at Guy's Chicken, DHS until 9pm
*Wednesday - Rope Drop AK, Lunch Hotel, Animator Class at 1-3 at SS, WBG at 5pm, EPCOT until 11pm
Thursday - They're going MK, but dropping me off at EXPO around 8am, Lunch at Olivia's, BIL golf, Dinner at Disney Springs, DHS for them until 9, G and I in bed by 7pm
Friday - 5k with Gigi, Lunch at WBG, BIL/FIL golf, DHS, EPCOT at night, I'm in bed by 6:30pm
Saturday - 10k, Rope Drop EPCOT, Lunch at Regal Eagle, HH Meetup at 2:30-4:30, AK for night, Topolino's at 9:15pm, I'm in bed by 6:30pm
Sunday - HM, Golf/Pool in AM, Lunch at Polite Pig, MK until 8pm
Monday - Breakfast at Grand Floridian, Flight home

*My FIL is a mechanic. He's been working on an SL Mercedes and mentioned to the owner we're going to Disney for his birthday (71 I believe). Owner of SL is father of some Disney major exec. That Disney exec is supposedly working on something for his birthday but hasn't said what yet. So we're suppose to keep our plans on Wed open/flexible.

Hey hey fellow royals!

DH dropped out of our travel plans (we were just there in January and are going again in May) so it's just me & younger DS. This really opens up our dining options because DH is kind of picky. I really, really wanted to get a res on HM Sunday at Chefs de France, we've never been, but so far, bupkis. I'll keep checking, tenacity gets you far with Disney ADRs.

Also I'm going to jump on trying to get a breakfast buffet ADR at Cape May Cafe for after the HM too. DS and I did the family-style in January for the first time and it might be the best breakfast we've had on property. They are switching over to buffet by Feb so we will try it again if I can get in. This shouldn't be hard to achieve it's always easy to get. The website says ADRs will open on 1/20 for the buffet.

We have park reservations every day, this is a vacation for DS after all, he doesn't care about the races. I will be walking around with my medals on Saturday and Sunday and may try to get some pics. Just looking forward to warmer weather than here in the NE and having a fun time with DS!

Oh and PS I never got to see the MK fireworks in January! So I will try to stay out late and see those one night. After the races are done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter