Princess Weekend 2022

Y’all being miserable cold means I actually have cold temps that I love and rarely get. When I went out yesterday it was 38F with a feels like of 28F, clear skies, sunny - just the most amazing running weather. Still doing shorter recovery runs post HM last Sunday and I wished I had been able to go farther but knew I would regret it, so kept it short and easy and just enjoyed the whole thing!
That sounds amazing!

Y’all being miserable cold means I actually have cold temps that I love and rarely get. When I went out yesterday it was 38F with a feels like of 28F, clear skies, sunny - just the most amazing running weather. Still doing shorter recovery runs post HM last Sunday and I wished I had been able to go farther but knew I would regret it, so kept it short and easy and just enjoyed the whole thing!

Those really are great running conditions, glad you can enjoy them!

Any thoughts on whether or not more virtual bibs will become available this close to the race? I figure they won’t, but I have a friend who was asking about the virtual Challenge (which is now sold out) and didn’t know how much hope I should give her about her chances.
I don't recall more virtual bibs being released after the initial sellout for the last two race weekends so the odds are probably low of it happening here.

Was today the expectation for the digital guide? i'm so curious about the route!

I think so. The event guide for Marathon weekend first appeared on December 6, 30 days before the expo. Hopefully we will see Princess information this week.

Hi all - it's alon86. I created this new profile with a more friendly user name. I need a few posts before I can update my profile pic and details.

Hoping we get the guide an map routes soon!! Also hoping they open yoga up just once more (probably a long shot) so my DD12 can join me.

Ran 7 miles yesterday in 32 degree sunny, dry weather. Perfect!

I swear there is something wrong with my body. When the temperature drops below 50º, my runs suck. My optimum temperature range is 65º-75º. I don't know why I signed up for Princess knowing my long runs are going to be when the weather sucks. This Saturday should be in the sixties so hoping for a better run than I had last weekend.

For those who have run the half in the past, how many pictures are usually taken on the actual course by the run Disney photographers? There is a group of 4 of us running and we are debating whether buying a memory maker package is worth it (either the one-day package for the race or the whole package for the rest of our visit!)

30 days to go royals! What are you most excited about Princess Weekend?

For me, it's finally getting a running picture somewhere around the castle. When I started running, I had trouble racing 5ks. But I was dreaming of running in Disney World, especially running up Main Street to the castle. I remember my first 8k long run thinking there was no way I could ever run 3 times that. I wanted to curl up and cry. Yet here I am 3 years later, two HMs under my belt, feeling super confident that I am going to be able to complete the Challenge. And it's all because of runDisney! (and a little bit DopeyBadger ;))

For me, it's finally getting a running picture somewhere around the castle. When I started running, I had trouble racing 5ks. But I was dreaming of running in Disney World, especially running up Main Street to the castle. I remember my first 8k long run thinking there was no way I could ever run 3 times that. I wanted to curl up and cry. Yet here I am 3 years later, two HMs under my belt, feeling super confident that I am going to be able to complete the Challenge. And it's all because of runDisney! (and a little bit DopeyBadger ;))
I'm most excited to SEE and FEEL the energy! I am trying to move past my fear of not finishing. I was fully trained for the 10k for 2021 and now I'm super behind and losing the motivation to even try. I know I can "run" about 4 miles at a 14 minute pace and I keep scheming in my head how to walk the rest. I think it can be done, but I really don't know. I've been listening to some podcasts from the recent Marathon and I just cannot wait to experience it!

I’m most excited for my first in-person Disney race! I’ve done a bunch of virtual ones, and 2 local in-person races, but I want the excitement and magic of Disney in my races. I know I can complete the runs, because I did all the distances back-to-back over marathon weekend (in really boring awful locations, so it can only be better at Disney 😆😆)

I swear there is something wrong with my body. When the temperature drops below 50º, my runs suck. My optimum temperature range is 65º-75º.
You and my husband would get along great! He hates the cold so much! For me, down to 50F is still solidly shorts and t-shirt weather and he will have on tights, shorts, a long sleeve base layer, and a t-shirt. Oh, and he always wears calf sleeves, so throw that layer in there. When we are together it looks like we are each running in our own weather bubbles.

I’m most excited for my first in-person Disney race! I’ve done a bunch of virtual ones, and 2 local in-person races, but I want the excitement and magic of Disney in my races. I know I can complete the runs, because I did all the distances back-to-back over marathon weekend (in really boring awful locations, so it can only be better at Disney 😆😆)
You are going to LOVE in-person Disney races. They are just different from other in-person events and at least once every race I will get a bit emotional. Just so much fun!!

I'm most excited to SEE and FEEL the energy! I am trying to move past my fear of not finishing. I was fully trained for the 10k for 2021 and now I'm super behind and losing the motivation to even try. I know I can "run" about 4 miles at a 14 minute pace and I keep scheming in my head how to walk the rest. I think it can be done, but I really don't know. I've been listening to some podcasts from the recent Marathon and I just cannot wait to experience it!
Don’t lose motivation just yet. You can still make significant progress in a month and every bit of progress you make will lead to a more enjoyable race day experience. The energy will also carry you quite a bit. Stick with the training!

For those who have run the half in the past, how many pictures are usually taken on the actual course by the run Disney photographers? There is a group of 4 of us running and we are debating whether buying a memory maker package is worth it (either the one-day package for the race or the whole package for the rest of our visit!)

It looks like MW 2022 HM had 17 character interactions per this post (link), and typically most of those have a PhotoPass photographer. When I ran the MW HM in 2018, I had 113 pictures taken by PhotoPass and I stopped for 0 character interactions. Although I finished near the top of the race, so I had less people around me when I was getting photographed on course (makes for some great action shots). Thus, it may be an abnormal experience to have 113 pictures with 0 characters. So others will have to chime in with their personal experience.

PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRUNDISNEY_408027157452.jpgPhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRUNDISNEY_408027157449.jpgPhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRUNDISNEY_408027157457.jpg

What are you most excited about Princess Weekend?

Running my first 5k with my daughter, and trying to finish Top 3 in the 10k.

I am also super excited about running around the castle. I have done 3 other race weekends but none of those went into MK. It’s going to be magical!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter