Princess Weekend 2021

Good luck to all fellow virtual runners this weekend.

I unofficially ran the 5k today. Went outside in +1c degree weather with a bit of snow on the paths and a slight head wind to contend with. The sun was shinning and nothing could spoil my dreams of being at Disney. Let's hope we all get to run together in Florida next year!

Distance = 3.11 miles
Time = 0:25:07
Avg Pace = 8:05 min. / mi.

A little slower than MW, but I will take it.

Has anyone seen the “I Did It” post on the runDisney Instagram story? When you swipe up it sends you to the blog post with the videos. Are there I Did It images to be saved (besides the GIFs)? Is there a way to download the videos? I’m not social media savvy lol. :blush:

It’s bittersweet that Princess Weekend is here. While it didn’t come as a shock that the race weekend became virtual, it’s still sad to not be out there running with everyone. Dealing with an injury and race cancellations meant training was nonexistent for me this winter. The motivation just wasn’t there. In the spirit of race weekend I got out there anyway this Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and to run all of the races (bad weather was in the forecast for this weekend, so I ran them in advance). It wasn’t runDisney as we know it, but I was so proud of myself for getting out there and running them on my own. This was the first half marathon I ever ran outside of Disney, and that was a HUGE accomplishment for me. I may be slow, but I’m proud to call myself a runner!

I’m enjoying seeing everyone’s social media posts for this weekend, but I’m also saddened looking at my own photos from years past. I truly hope 2022 brings live runDisney races back into our lives!

Best of luck to all of the runners (officially or unofficially) completing the virtual Princess races this week!:cheer2::grouphug:

I should have arrived at WDW yesterday and had plans to spend today in MK. Feel so sad now, after all the excitement of getting a 10K bib last June, that we are in this position. Hope you all enjoy your virtual runs :)
I completely agree. I was so excited to get registered for this year’s races. I never thought in June that we’d still be in this position today. My last trip to Disney was last year’s Princess weekend, and I miss all of it... :sad1:

It’s bittersweet that Princess Weekend is here. While it didn’t come as a shock that the race weekend became virtual, it’s still sad to not be out there running with everyone. Dealing with an injury and race cancellations meant training was nonexistent for me this winter. The motivation just wasn’t there.
I'm in the rare group that is sort of, kind of, but not totally happy that Princess went virtual this year because virtual is the only way I will be able to do those races until I retire. But I know I will be experiencing something similar when Star Wars race weekend comes around in April.

Having the virtual races has been good for me because I do best when I have something specific to work towards. Even then I'm electing to delay my actual running of the distances a couple of weeks because it is now virtual and 2 weeks from now is much better timing wise.

I'm in the rare group that is sort of, kind of, but not totally happy that Princess went virtual this year because virtual is the only way I will be able to do those races until I retire. But I know I will be experiencing something similar when Star Wars race weekend comes around in April.

Having the virtual races has been good for me because I do best when I have something specific to work towards. Even then I'm electing to delay my actual running of the distances a couple of weeks because it is now virtual and 2 weeks from now is much better timing wise.
As disappointed as I am, I’m also sort of, kind of happy that it went virtual as well, only because my comfort level and the logistics of traveling with quarantine restrictions would’ve been a nightmare this week. It would’ve been really tough to decide whether or not I went, with the amount of money spent in registrations for the 5K and the FTC, overall health and safety concerns, and travel/quarantine restrictions with my job.

I’m in a similar boat with you for Star Wars weekend. That’s a race weekend I wouldn’t be able to do with work, so when I saw it went virtual (and there’s a rethemeing that we don’t know much about), I decided to take the opportunity. I registered for the 10K and the half, but I’ll likely delay them (like you are for Princess) for a time that’s better for me. I didn’t sign up for any challenges, so I won’t feel obligated to do the races back to back either.

My next thought is will the retheming be seen as a brand new race, which could mean the possibility of earning perfect status in a runDisney race?? If so, I might have to do some serious thinking to find a way to make that happen! :rolleyes1

Has anyone seen the “I Did It” post on the runDisney Instagram story? When you swipe up it sends you to the blog post with the videos. Are there I Did It images to be saved (besides the GIFs)? Is there a way to download the videos? I’m not social media savvy lol. :blush:
I learned how to do a screen recording, so I was able to use that to save the videos. Still didn’t find any I Did It images though, besides the GIFs.

I learned how to do a screen recording, so I was able to use that to save the videos. Still didn’t find any I Did It images though, besides the GIFs.
I saw one on Strava...here is a copy of it with the name and times taken out. You could open it up in Paint3D or some other program and add you name and times to it. I am no expert in editing photos, but I gave it a shot.557902

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone who ran/walked this weekend! :cheer2:

My plan is to wait for the medals to arrive to complete my distances... though I did do the 5K on Friday so I could feel like I was actually a part of the "real" race weekend lol ^^'

Looking forward to hearing how you all did when you get your races done. :)

When you get to the blog post page, if you click on the three dots in the bottom right corner of the video it gives you the option to download it. I initially did this on a computer but I went on my phone too to check and the process was the same. Hope that helps! :)

This is great! Thanks for sharing. If someone comes across the other ones and doesn't mind sharing I'm sure we'd all appreciate it. Unless...

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the certificate(s) without putting in a time? I feel like by the time I actually do my distances, it will be gone from the website lol

When you get to the blog post page, if you click on the three dots in the bottom right corner of the video it gives you the option to download it. I initially did this on a computer but I went on my phone too to check and the process was the same. Hope that helps! :)
Thank you! I hadn’t tried my computer, so I just tried it but for some reason I don’t see the three dots on either device. :confused3

I just tried right clicking the video on my computer and it gave me the option to download it! Thanks for the tip!

Just completed my 1/2 marathon for the Princess Challenge today!

Overall, not terrible. It went better than the 10k yesterday, I don't know if I didn't fuel up enough or if I just had an off day after not running for almost 2 weeks (Houston weather was not my friend), but today went pretty well. Total time 69:16 on the 10k, and 2:33:21 on the HM.

I'm officially at 263 days since my first run in almost a decade, and I'm very proud of how far I've come :)

Sil and I had a great time at wdw this weekend and I’m so thankful the weather was better than forecast. I did manage to get a sunburn on Friday from laying at the jambo pool for 2 hours. Darn my pasty northerner skin! 😂 Pixie dust for us! Our “standard view” room I had booked for Thursday night was a partial savanna view (at least!)

B19F14E8-ADE7-4D14-9745-F7791706B854.jpeg

We ended up putting off running our 5k until Sunday morning because by the time we got up on Saturday there were soooo many people up at CBR. Just doing all of the walking around at the resorts and DS with a mask on was awful, so we waited until Sunday when it would be less people-y when we needed to pull them down to actually get a good full breath. Here’s a sunrise over old port Royale as we got started....
C5D75D76-9095-400F-BD14-DF207DA896E0.jpeg

We did pass a girl? Woman? Anyhow, who was in her full princess costume doing her 10k. We clapped and cheered for her as she went past.

Congrats to everyone who ran this weekend!

Finished my challenge on Saturday. Did all the training and actual runs on my treadmill (this year has been too icy around my neighborhood) and it went better than anticipated. I really hope they figure out something in person next year, but am not getting too excited at this point.

Just in case anyone missed this announcement from the runDisney social media pages!

#runDisney Medal Monday: Who completed their royal virtual miles this past weekend? ✨ Be sure to share your magical adventure in social using #PrincessHalfVirtual and be on the lookout for your medals and shirts to arrive late February!

Just in case anyone missed this announcement from the runDisney social media pages!

View attachment 558423
#runDisney Medal Monday: Who completed their royal virtual miles this past weekend? ✨ Be sure to share your magical adventure in social using #PrincessHalfVirtual and be on the lookout for your medals and shirts to arrive late February!
Yes I saw that today! My first thought was "How did that <redacted> get her hands on the medals and t-shirt already?" :rotfl2:
I only registered for the half, but does anybody know what's happening in that challenge medal? Is it full of glitter?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter