Princess Weekend 2020

Hi everyone! I can't believe I get to post in this thread! I just found out today that my husband is fulfilling a dream of mine to run at Disney! He registered me for the 5K and I am super excited! I've always wanted to do the Challenge, but I'm not going to complain. At least I'm doing one of the races and it also means I get to go back to WDW! So excited!

Since finding out out the race and the trip, I've been all over FB, the RunDisney site, and here looking for anything I can find on the 5K. I've found a lot of fun stuff, but nothing about start times. Historically, when has the 5K begun?

Hi everyone! I can't believe I get to post in this thread! I just found out today that my husband is fulfilling a dream of mine to run at Disney! He registered me for the 5K and I am super excited! I've always wanted to do the Challenge, but I'm not going to complain. At least I'm doing one of the races and it also means I get to go back to WDW! So excited!

Since finding out out the race and the trip, I've been all over FB, the RunDisney site, and here looking for anything I can find on the 5K. I've found a lot of fun stuff, but nothing about start times. Historically, when has the 5K begun?

Good grief! I was back on the RunDisney site and have no idea how I missed the start time for the 5K! Please imagine an "embarrassed face" emoji right here! 😄

OK, me again. A couple of the comments in this thread mentioned that you were already able to shop merchandise for Princess weekend. Am I misunderstanding something? If that is true, where can I go to look at the merchandise?

If I missed the obvious answer to this question, please be kind in letting me know! 😎

OK, me again. A couple of the comments in this thread mentioned that you were already able to shop merchandise for Princess weekend. Am I misunderstanding something? If that is true, where can I go to look at the merchandise?

If I missed the obvious answer to this question, please be kind in letting me know! 😎

On the runDisney website - go to rundisney.com, hover over "Help & Support" and click "Manage Account", log in to your Disney account (or your husband's account if he's the one who registered you), and there should be an area on the side that says "Buy Products" and lists what's available.
This is just a small selection of merch - there will be much more available at the expo.

On the runDisney website - go to rundisney.com, hover over "Help & Support" and click "Manage Account", log in to your Disney account (or your husband's account if he's the one who registered you), and there should be an area on the side that says "Buy Products" and lists what's available.
This is just a small selection of merch - there will be much more available at the expo.
It’s also worth noting that when you preorder merch you will pay a fee for purchasing online. If the same merch is available at the runDisney merch section of the expo it will be a little cheaper without the processing fee. Most preorder items have also been available at the expo, but there’s no guarantee. If you have an AP or are a DVC member you can also receive your discount on runDisney merch at the expo, but not online. Preorder is nice because it gives you peace of mind knowing you will definitely get the items you ordered, but I’ve been taking the risk and arriving at the expo when it opens to try to see everything and to use my discount!

It’s also worth noting that when you preorder merch you will pay a fee for purchasing online. If the same merch is available at the runDisney merch section of the expo it will be a little cheaper without the processing fee. Most preorder items have also been available at the expo, but there’s no guarantee. If you have an AP or are a DVC member you can also receive your discount on runDisney merch at the expo, but not online. Preorder is nice because it gives you peace of mind knowing you will definitely get the items you ordered, but I’ve been taking the risk and arriving at the expo when it opens to try to see everything and to use my discount!

Thank you both. I am registered for the 5K with a charity, so it doesn't look like I can access the merchandise until RunDisney gives my charity the go ahead to link our accounts to RunDisney. I guess that will happen around August. I know I have plenty of time, but my excitement has me wanting to see everything NOW! 😁

For Marathon Weekend, we usually make something like this (see attached). So then anyone who wants to be on the list can. It then shows what corral everyone was in, what their expected pace was, whether they planned to come to a pre-race meetup and where they planned to line up in the corral at. After that, the spreadsheet calculated for other purposes your estimated times at different places on course. It's a way to find others with similar corrals and expected paces. It's not something that we usually put together until corral info is released though.
Awesome! Thank you!!

Is there anyway to tell when the half marathon is close to being sold out? I would love to do it but not ready to commit yet and be out $205 yet.

Is it like other races that will tell you when 50, 75 or almost sold out?

eta: got the cost wrong

I know the 10K and the half marathon have a pace requirment of at least a 16 minute mile, and you're suggested to be able to run/walk a 15 minute mile to be safe. I cannot find whether the 5K has this same pacing requirement. Does it? I would assume it does, but want to be sure. Thanks!

I know the 10K and the half marathon have a pace requirment of at least a 16 minute mile, and you're suggested to be able to run/walk a 15 minute mile to be safe. I cannot find whether the 5K has this same pacing requirement. Does it? I would assume it does, but want to be sure. Thanks!

Officially, yes. In practice, no, they don’t generally enforce pace requirements on the 5ks. (There’s really nowhere to put sweep buses anyway.)

Officially, yes. In practice, no, they don’t generally enforce pace requirements on the 5ks. (There’s really nowhere to put sweep buses anyway.)

Thanks! Another questions, since the 5K is so short, are there many character meets along the way?

@rteetz and I are working together to get a group hotel block put together like we did for Marathon Weekend this year, if enough people are interested. I've requested POP, Caribbean Beach and Wilderness and I imagine the rate will be similar to what we have for the group in January. DM us if you're interested!
Is this still happening?
I tried sending a message a few weeks earlier but I guess I didn’t proceed the right way...
I would be happy to join if still possible!

Thanks! Another questions, since the 5K is so short, are there many character meets along the way?
actually there are many. there is usually characters in each country, Some not worth stopping IMO but everyone makes own choices.

Does anyone see the race magic bands in the merchandise part of your run disney account? I looked in mine but don't see them.

Does anyone see the race magic bands in the merchandise part of your run disney account? I looked in mine but don't see them.

I got mine the first day they were available, it was the first option in the merch section ... there’s only 1000 though so maybe that are sold out already

I got mine the first day they were available, it was the first option in the merch section ... there’s only 1000 though so maybe that are sold out already

@ErinC If you want to dig a little further, check out the Marathon Weekend thread. I seem to remember seeing that Disney IT was glitchy on this (surprise, surprise - NOT) and there was a trick to finding them. I don't remember the exact details since it wasn't relevant to me as I am staying outside at Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter