• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Princess Tea Party ?s

Bowen9475

DIS Veteran
Does the price of the tea party include tax and gratuity? If the girls dress in princess dresses, what do parents wear? I am debating if I should bring a dress to wear or just go in shorts. My daughter is wearing a Cinderella dress and I will bring shorts for her to change into. Thanks!

We went in Dec, and dh and I both dressed "nice casual". Our dd (and, every other little girl there) had on her princess dress. We are going in a couple of weeks, and I hadn't really thought about what I would wear....probably something on the "nicer" side (although, seriously...I couldn't tell you what another mother was wearing....I was ONLY looking at my dd's expressions!!)

:earseek:

Beca

I went with my DD in Jan. she wore her princess costume over her clothes and I wore knit pants (not sweats but close) and a shirt. The other mother at my table wore casual clothes also. Be comfortable especially if you're going to the park after the tea party.

We are going in May. When I made the PS's, the CM told me to dress as if I were going to an elegant ladies' tea. So I am thinking a nice sundress for me, and, of course, a princess dress for dd. I probably wouldn't think twice about wearing shorts, but I love to dress up and I rarely have an occasion. So I am going to wear a dress, then change before heading to the parks.

DD and i did this last year,DD wore a princess dress as did all but one little girl(i felt so bad for her but that may have been her choice).Most of the moms wore summer casual clothing i had white linen capris and a light pink top.I am so glad we did this event my DD has done all of the other events over the years but for me to be there with her, something we will never forget.The memories i recieved that day are worth far more than 200.00 soon she will be to old for these events i am so glad that we could share a moment of her slipping back into a little girl okay i admit it the little girl in me had the time of her life too!

DD4 and I went in August. She wore a sundress (not a princess dress)and I wore a skirt and nice top. Most of the moms wore dresses or skirts.

tinksgirl said:
DD and i did this last year,DD wore a princess dress as did all but one little girl(i felt so bad for her but that may have been her choice).Most of the moms wore summer casual clothing i had white linen capris and a light pink top.I am so glad we did this event my DD has done all of the other events over the years but for me to be there with her, something we will never forget.The memories i recieved that day are worth far more than 200.00 soon she will be to old for these events i am so glad that we could share a moment of her slipping back into a little girl okay i admit it the little girl in me had the time of her life too!

So Tinksgirl, this is a totally worth the money, must do, huh? I had been staying away fromthe idea. I have two princess: princess: so I'd be looking at $335. :earseek: But, I was just thinking, if we don't do it this trip, maybe we'll never get the chance. The girls will be 5 and 7 for this trip - which seems like the perfect age. So, now I was thinking that their birthdays are in September and October and our tirp is in the beginning of November so maybe it would be a great birthday gift! And, I did really like the idea of being able to share this experience with them! (They went to the Wonderland Tea Party last trip.)

*Sigh* Still trying to decide....but definitely considering it!!

Does anyone know if they are taking ressies for this for the end of the year? We're going in Dec. on our family trip. My mom, my sister, her DD, and me were thinking of making this a girls thing. My niece would love it so much. We want to make sure we get the ressie for it.

I am desperately trying to get a PS for the Perfect Princess Tea Party for any date from April 24th - May 1st. It is completely booked. I call every day hoping a cancellation has happened, but unfortunately no cancellations yet. My DD is 5 and I think the perfect age for this event. Here's keeping my fingers crossed.
ADP

SnoWhiteRabbit-my DD was 9 at the time honestly im glad she was a little older some of the younger kids were a little dazed to keep up with everything going on.I do remember looking around at the tables of some younger kids and seeing them fidgeting.I would think 5 and 7 is a good time to take them but dont feel pressure like you have to do it.I would rather spend the 335.00 as a birthday present then spend on toys that they will end up discarding at some point.DD has done all of the other programs offered a some of them a few times,but the tea party is the one we talk about it was just for her. her sister was to old (15) her brother was to old (18) and being the youngest in a family with teens she doesnt get alot of one on one time and before i know it she will be to old just like the others.That is why it was so worth it for us.

THe $200 price does not include tax. We made a reservation today for me, dh, dd-4 and dd-8. The total was $426.

Were there any dads at the tea? We included my dh, but he is a little nervous about being "out-of-place".

We have 2 1/2 yr old twins were thinking of seeing if they could go...I would def bring DH for help ;) in my case....just wondering, what princesses are at the tea?

sprite said:
THe $200 price does not include tax. We made a reservation today for me, dh, dd-4 and dd-8. The total was $426.

Were there any dads at the tea? We included my dh, but he is a little nervous about being "out-of-place".
My husband went with me and my DD in January. He did not feel at all out of place, and he will probably go again with us. Our server was a male and Baron Branch the piano player circulated through the room.

poohluvrs said:
We have 2 1/2 yr old twins were thinking of seeing if they could go...I would def bring DH for help ;) in my case....just wondering, what princesses are at the tea?
The only princess was Aurora and the hostess was Rose Petal.

We went last week (MIL, DD6, DD9 and me). My DDs wore princess dresses and my MIL and I wore dressier capri outfits. There was a wide variety of attire. There were a few dads there. Part of Rose Petal's storytelling incorporated one of the dads, which was fun. If you are debating about going, don't think twice--- just DO it! It was the best part of our trip. I surprised my DDs and they told me it was the best surprise ever. I figured at their ages this may be the last time they would enjoy an event like this. IMHO, I think that girls over the age of 5 (or a mature 4 year old) may be able to appreciate the storytelling aspect and overall experience more than a younger child. If your DD is interested in seeing princesses, CRT or PSB would be better. Aurora's part in the tea is very minimal. Just an added note, my DS (2 1/2) and DH went to the 1900 Park Fare for breakfast while we were at the tea. The two events are in the same building. Their PS was for 10:30 and they finished about the same time we did.

First let me say i am a gentleman, and not a parent so if you dont care for my opion read past :sunny:

My family and i went to WDW in december and my neice wanted the breakfast with cinderella (we were planning in jan of 04 for december) and was hoping aurora would be there. After missing breakfast reservations for both CRT and the PSB i asked the CM "is there anything where Aurora is garaunteed to be there" and they told me about this tea party... I thought at first the price was a bit high...but after seeing how much she enjoyed it (still talking about it now) it was worth every penny.

At the tea party most parents wore regular park clothes as it was more for the children then the parents. Every little girl was a princess for the day, at our party we had several Auroras, Cinderellas, a Snow White, a Belle, 2 Jasmines & an Ariel...it was really cute.

I hope your daughter enjoys it

Chris :Pinkbounc

PS There is at least one dad at every tea party so dont feel funny, just have fun.

My daughter, my husband, and I attended the party a year and a half ago. Most of the children were dressed in nice attire (not too many were in any sort of costume). I wrote about our experience in one of my old trip reports. If you'd care to read it, please click here (look for the post on that page entitled, "Grand Floridian Day Two, Part 1"). I have a link in there to photos of the event.

The event was wonderful. Both my husband and I got a little teary-eyed at one point, ~sigh.~

snowbelle said:
IMHO, I think that girls over the age of 5 (or a mature 4 year old) may be able to appreciate the storytelling aspect and overall experience more than a younger child.

I just wanted throw my 2 cents in here. My dd was two when we first took her to the Tea Party (and yes...we did have to pay for her). She LOVED it!!! Did she get as much out of it as a 5 year old? Probably not. But, she got more out of that than she did anything else at WDW....she STILL talks about it. It was SO MUCH the highlight of her trip, that we are doing it again!!

I highly recommend that if parents think their child(ren) will "get into it"....just go and try it. If parents of 3 year olds think their child is too young, they may be disappointed if it is not around in two years. WDW has said that it is "permanent" until it "stops filling up".

I wouldn't have wanted my daughter to miss this for anything!! I'm sure we will make it a "yearly" (or twice yearly) event until she no longer finds it "magical" (or, opts to spend the money elsewhere).

They are only little once! :earboy2:

:wave:

Beca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter