Princess race weekend thoughts

Ndusmama

DIS Veteran
so registered for princess weekend in February. Looking for a room. I need it to sleep at least 5 for 3 adults 2 kids ages 7 and 3 at the time. We will mostly be spending time in the pool. We may go to mk one day and ak a half day. Here are my choices: poly, beach club, boulder ridge, jambo, kidani, boardwalk. The two akl are 1 br with or without savannah views. The rest are all studios with or without views depending on resort.

So thoughts for kids pool, splash pad, convenince and taste of food court/restaurants, resort transportation to parks.

I should note that I have stayed at pop (it was ok didn't have the kids), por (hated the transportation loved the quietness and view since I was on river), and wilderness lodge while they were building the new dvc. Loved wilderness but part of me wants to try somewhere different.

Last edited:
1BR Kidani. You'll have more space, 2 bathrooms and a fun water play area for the kids. 5 people in a studio doesn't sound like fun, especially the older resorts with 1 bathroom area. BWV also is weakest for children's water play area so that would be last per your criteria. AKV puts you closer to AK for that day and though it's furthest from MK it has direct buses so the trip is pretty easy. The QS is over at Jambo but it's a short walk or shuttle and Mara has long been a favorite as well as all the other dining at AK. Sanaa, Boma, Jiko - one of the best restaurant groups at a WDW resort. And you'll have the full kitchen to keep drinks and breakfast items or whatever in the room in the 1BR.

1BR Kidani. You'll have more space, 2 bathrooms and a fun water play area for the kids. 5 people in a studio doesn't sound like fun, especially the older resorts with 1 bathroom area. BWV also is weakest for children's water play area so that would be last per your criteria. AKV puts you closer to AK for that day and though it's furthest from MK it has direct buses so the trip is pretty easy. The QS is over at Jambo but it's a short walk or shuttle and Mara has long been a favorite as well as all the other dining at AK. Sanaa, Boma, Jiko - one of the best restaurant groups at a WDW resort. And you'll have the full kitchen to keep drinks and breakfast items or whatever in the room in the 1BR.

I second the above for either standard or savanna view and adding savanna view would be a plus.

1 bedroom for that many people.

If you're being tempted by the monorail, know that it only runs to get you to the Half (not the 10K or 5K). I don't know what runs you're doing, so it's worth knowing now.

1 bedroom for that many people.

If you're being tempted by the monorail, know that it only runs to get you to the Half (not the 10K or 5K). I don't know what runs you're doing, so it's worth knowing now.
I'm doing all three runs. The monorail isn't really an issue to me. It's the pool for the kids and beds for people that are top priority.

At the Star Wars Dark Side, they had the 10k start from MK parking lot & we had to take a bus from BLT. The monorail did not open early at all.

At the Star Wars Dark Side, they had the 10k start from MK parking lot & we had to take a bus from BLT. The monorail did not open early at all.

Yeah, the OP said Princess in her subject line, but I didn't know if she was doing the 5, 10, and or Half, so I could only give her the info and hope it mattered to her. :)

Yeah, the OP said Princess in her subject line, but I didn't know if she was doing the 5, 10, and or Half, so I could only give her the info and hope it mattered to her. :)
I did darkside challenge 2017 actually and I'm doing all three of princess (5k and challenge) 2018. The issue I have with transportation is several stops at the same resort before you even head to the parks. My youngest does not like cars or buses, to the point she will scream nonstop until the vehicle is stopped and she gets out ( no we don't do road trips any more) strangely she has no problems with boats or the monorail. POR was not fun getting to and from the parks. We would end up getting off at POFQ and walking back. WL no problems on the boat. So minimum time spent is best and less crowded too. We most likely will only go to ak and mk. Hs has no appeal for either child and Epcot has yummy food but I like to explore new places to eat, thus the resort food options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter