Princess of Wales

I thought that had been the plan since Edward and Sophie were married. I was under the impression, but could be very incorrect, that they were given the title of Earl and Countess of Wessex with the understanding that when Prince Philip passed the title of Duke of Edinburgh would go to Edward. But, like I said, that may not be accurate.
Yes, I had always read that also. Actually when Prince Phillip passed the title went to Charles because he is the oldest son. When the Queen passed and Charles became King the title was returned to the crown and Charles will need to bestow it to Edward which I hope he does since that was what the Queen seemed to want.

I think Catherine was stunning at the state dinner. Her dress is beautiful and I love the Lovers Knot Tiara.

Yes, I had always read that also. Actually when Prince Phillip passed the title went to Charles because he is the oldest son. When the Queen passed and Charles became King the title was returned to the crown and Charles will need to bestow it to Edward which I hope he does since that was what the Queen seemed to want.
He bestowed a lot of titles soon after the Queen's passing. I wonder what he's waiting on with this.

It is apparently part of the plan to slim down the monarchy. If the dukedom of Edinburgh goes to Edward, it would go to his son after his death.

It is apparently part of the plan to slim down the monarchy. If the dukedom of Edinburgh goes to Edward, it would go to his son after his death.
Other than Andrew (and that's entirely his own fault :mad:), I don't think the "slim down" should include the Queen's own children. Anne and Edward deserve their rightful places and all the heriditary benefits that come with them. It would incense me if Charles did something other than bestow the Dukedom on Edward, which was (widely reported to be) the wish of their father. I can imagine Edward being a very good candidate to carry on the fantastic work of the Duke of Edinburgh Legacy Foundation as well, which has been enormously impactful to young people world-wide for almost 3 generations.

According to the Daily Mail, Charles will make Charlotte Duchess of Edinburgh. As she is the first female in the family not to drop in the line of succession after a brother was born (that law was changed a few years ago), she needs an important title to go with it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...aving-Edinburgh-title-Princess-Charlotte.html

Charlotte cannot get the title of Princess Royal as long princess Anne is alive and only then it is up to William to give it. Anne got the title when she was 37.

According to the Daily Mail, Charles will make Charlotte Duchess of Edinburgh. As she is the first female in the family not to drop in the line of succession after a brother was born (that law was changed a few years ago), she needs an important title to go with it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...aving-Edinburgh-title-Princess-Charlotte.html

Charlotte cannot get the title of Princess Royal as long princess Anne is alive and only then it is up to William to give it. Anne got the title when she was 37.
That would be a travesty. IMO. The Duke wanted the title passed to Edward, which is completely appropriate. Charles III should respect that wish. Come to think of it, I wish QEII had done it while she had the opportunity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter