• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Princess Michelle's W.I.S.H. Journal *Update: Week 8* (Posters Welcome)

I started W.I.S.H. 05/19/03 with the goal of eating more balanced, healthier meals, exercising at least 4 times a week and just in general taking better care of myself so I can be healthier and happier.

My starting weight was 224 and my first mini-goal is to get to 199. My eventual end goal will be to get somewhere in the 120-140 range which is the healthy range for me but where it stops will be determined on how I look and feel when I get there. I might look wonderful at 140 where 130 or lower might be too skinny for me, or I might still be a little pudgy at 140 and desire to get a little lower. We'll have to see how it goes.

This week was really great! I am so happy with how I did. There were a lot of temptations, stuff that usually doesn't even bother me like candy and soda. I hardly ever have either but boy were they calling my name this week. :mad: I stood my ground and didn't have any soda at all, we have a stocked fridge at work and also a ton here at my house but I just kept telling myself that it wasn't something I really even liked and it would just lengthen my journey if I gave into it. The bloat fairy was also hanging around so that could have been another reason for the weird cravings. :rolleyes: I did have 3 pieces of candy this week though, I guess if the worst I did was have a piece of candy each day I'm doing pretty good. Did I mention that I'm also the keeper of the candy basket at work? :rolleyes: Most of the stuff I could take or leave but my boss' wife brought in 3 bags of chocolates that I absolutely love! I will be good though.

I love meat and even not eating so much of it wasn't very difficult. I actually had a few totally meatless meals that were quite enjoyable. I used to be so hungry all the time but I've been so satisfied this week I haven't really even thought about food all that much and I think that is a very good thing!

Here is a sample of what my meals for a day might consist of-

Breakfast- 1 Banana, 1/2 Bagel with light cream cheese

Lunch- Salad w/ Romaine lettuce, chopped baby carrots, black olives, fat free caesar croutons, parmesan cheese, chicken salad (that I made myself so I know it was healthy and low fat) with a light vinaigrette dressing and pineapple chunks on the side.

Dinner- Sauted chicken breast with herbs, spices and olive oil, ziti pasta in a creamy pesto sauce and steamed baby carrots and broccoli lightly seasoned.

I have always had a problem with eating just one thing at a meal, like for instance before with my dinner I would have just had a huge plate of the pasta and nothing else, now I had a little bit of pasta along with the chicken and the vegetables and it was way more satisfying!

I also drink about 90oz. of water a day but I did that even before I got serious about losing weight.

I didn't quite reach my exercise goals for the week but I did get in 3, 45 minute workouts so I am not too disappointed, next week I'll get in all 4.

Now, for the results.... Great big drumroll please.....

I lost 6 lbs. :teeth: :Pinkbounc :teeth: :Pinkbounc

So my stats are now 224/218/199 (first mini-goal)

I know I can thank the bloat fairy's departure for some of it and I certainly don't expect the weight to keep falling off at that rate, it's not healthy for it to anyway but for now I am absolutely ecstatic!!!

I'm going to go get my 5lb. Clippie!!! :teeth:

Thanks Snow Angel. :)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Time for week two!

There isn't really a whole lot to say this week. I did really well with my eating which is what I'm going to credit with my staying the same this week. I was sick for a few days so I only got to work out one time which is definitely better than none, right? :)

So, I remain at 6lbs. lost and I'm hoping to add at least another pound to that total at the end of this week. :)

Stats:

224/218/199 (first mini goal)

I hope you're feeling better Michelle, and CONGRATS on your first week loss! Good for you!!! :)

Thank you Kim! :)

*Week 3*

Sorry my update is a little late for this week, life has been hectic!

Well, might as well get the bad news over with, I gained 3lbs. this week. :( A lot of things contributed to it, I don't want to dwell on excuses and am getting back on track this week but this is what happened.

I injured my calve muscles in both legs so exercise was for the most part out of the question, I did get a little upper body work in but it wasn't enough I guess. I've also been under a lot of stress at work and personally so that hasn't helped. I had a few bad days in my eating too.

So, excuses over, it's a new week and I look forward to presenting a better update next time! :)

Stats:

224/221/199 (first mini goal)

How's the week going??? Calves any better? It stinks to feel pain! Here's some bouncies to help you make your exercise goal this week-:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

And I would vote someone else to be the guardian of the candy basket! UGH- too many temptations for me!

Let's both get to 199 together! We can do this- Onederland here we come! I weighed in at 215.5 on Tuesday (6/10) - when's your weigh day??? Great job on the water!!! I find that adding lemon or cranberry juice in my water (just a splash) makes me not retain water- I read where they were natural diuretics- don't know if it's true- but it seems to help me.

Keep updating your journal and have a great week becoming a healthier you!!!

Tara

Tara, my weigh in day is Saturday. :) I love having you for my WISH buddy, you're the best! :teeth:

*Week 4*

Well, better news this week. I managed to lose a pound of those 3 I had gained and I can't help but be happy about that! I was still trying to get back into the swing of things last week, it's amazing how one little set back really does you in and it's just like starting from scratch again. I ate very well this week, got in one work out and drank about a kajillion ounces of water! :teeth: So I will take my one pound loss and look forward to doing even better in the coming week.

My goals for this week are:

Get in ALL 4 workouts! I haven't done this since I started and that is my big commitment this week.

Find my tape measurer so I can take my measurements and keep track of those since that is another way to tell you are losing even if the scales don't show it.

Keep eating healthy and drinking my 100oz. a day.

Lose those other 2 pesky pounds I gained so I can start going down again.

Stats:

224/221/199 (First mini goal)

*week 8*

Sorry that I have not updated in a whole month! Life has been super hectic here. My Grandfather who lives with us had a stroke (he is fine now) and then my mom had knee surgery, along with work being super busy and other obligations I've barely had time to breath, I've barely felt like doing much more than breathing anyway. LOL

Well, tomorrow is a new day and I'm trying something different. I've been reading a book about Fibromyalgia and something that was suggested in it was a sugar free/yeast free diet. So I will be starting that tomorrow and will do it for six weeks to see how I'm feeling. I also am starting a new vitamin/suppliment program that is supposed to boost adrenal function and the immune system and help you sleep better and have more energy. The last part is what I need more than anything!

Exercise hasn't been totally non-existent but I have not been consistent so that's a goal for this week as it is every week to get in 4-5 workouts.

The bloat fairy is in town but I do a pretty good job of drowning that nasty little lady with a gallon of water a day. :)

I was actually off my 220 plateu earlier this week, I was back at 218 and then the bloat fairy showed up and now I'm back at 220 again. :( At least I know her gains are temperal. Looking forward to a good loss this week. :)

So, here are my stats-

224/220/199 (first mini goal)

:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter