• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Princess Katyana's Wish Trip! Pre-Trip Report

Hi! :wave2:, thank you-she really is very excited. She's not been feeling very well lately but Disney talk cheers her up! You have a lovely family!!

Thank you as well. I hope Katyana feels better soon. How old are your other children? I am sure they are awesome sibs and are very excited as well. My DS13 has ASD and my other kiddos are such a big support to him. Can't wait to read more about your plans.

Thank you as well. I hope Katyana feels better soon. How old are your other children? I am sure they are awesome sibs and are very excited as well. My DS13 has ASD and my other kiddos are such a big support to him. Can't wait to read more about your plans.
Our son is 15, the girls are 12, 4, & 3. Our 12 and 3 y.o. girls both have severe cerebral palsy. The other kids are a TREMENDOUS help and are so loving and thoughtful!
They are all looking forward to this trip BIG TIME! With two wheelchairs and very moody (and usually uncomfortable) girls we seldom make it out of the house together. This will be a much needed break and will likely be the only vacation my whole family will be able to enjoy together. Tink and the other kiddos deserve some fun in their lives for a change!

Hi! :wave2:, thank you-she really is very excited. She's not been feeling very well lately but Disney talk cheers her up! You have a lovely family!!
AWwww she isnt feeling well??? I hate that for her. Hope she feels better soon!!!!!!

AWwww she isnt feeling well??? I hate that for her. Hope she feels better soon!!!!!!
:thanks:, her tiny body is so twisted from the cp and scoliosis that she's rarely able to sit or lie comfortably. I think the heat has had quite an impact on her lately. She's such a warrior though, like all our special kiddos. She'll bounce back soon I'm sure. Thanks for your concern! :goodvibes

:thanks:, her tiny body is so twisted from the cp and scoliosis that she's rarely able to sit or lie comfortably. I think the heat has had quite an impact on her lately. She's such a warrior though, like all our special kiddos. She'll bounce back soon I'm sure. Thanks for your concern! :goodvibes

I will be thinking of her!!!!!!!!!! AND YOU!

Hi!!! I'm coming over from the Wish Trip board! Your girl is beautiful!!!! So happy for you all! Following along!

I haven't posted in a while. It's been pretty hectic around here lately:crazy2:. Baby Keira had surgery a few weeks ago and Tink had been admitted right around the same time. They are both doing well now and we're back on our Wish Trip grind!:cloud9:
I started our countdown last week (at 130 days...I couldn't wait until 100 lol). I planned on doing a chain link buuuuut instead we now have an entire wall in our hallway dedicated to the trip. I used a red tablecloth from the dollar store and taped it up as the background. Poster board with "Disney World 2015" and a plaque with yellow paper and a chalkboard paper mickey head. All around it I placed pictures of Disney characters. The fun part...BALLOONS! party:I started with 30 (I'll have to replace them every month) and each day one of the kids gets to pop one. Inside each balloon is a strip of paper with our daily Disney activity.
Balloons placed over a characters picture on the wall tells us which movie we'll watch that day.
I found TONS of free printables. Many on the disney movie rewards site.

Let's see, I also found a DISigner that made some cute shirt designs and welcome letters for the kids. If you're interested, check her out on here. Her name is Lady B.

I printed out Tinkerbell letters and started writing a list of items to include in their daily gift. I don't intend to go nuts on those-just give them things they could use each day. I'll include things like one of their gift cards, sunglasses, lip gloss/chap stick, pen for autograph books, pin for their lanyard, and snacks for the day. When we'll be out at night I'll include glow sticks/necklaces/spinner toy etc. and cute hat/gloves/ear muffs/scarf. Maybe a "coupon" for one special purchase from mom & dad (which we plan on doing anyway).

Oh I made luggage tags last night using designs I found on photobucket and the plastic id holders we get on a lanyard when our kiddos are inpatient at the local hospital. I found 9! I (apparently) knew my accumulation of them would come in handy one day! :rotfl2:

I'll take pics of everything and post them soon.

I haven't posted in a while. It's been pretty hectic around here lately:crazy2:. Baby Keira had surgery a few weeks ago and Tink had been admitted right around the same time. They are both doing well now and we're back on our Wish Trip grind!:cloud9:
I started our countdown last week (at 130 days...I couldn't wait until 100 lol). I planned on doing a chain link buuuuut instead we now have an entire wall in our hallway dedicated to the trip. I used a red tablecloth from the dollar store and taped it up as the background. Poster board with "Disney World 2015" and a plaque with yellow paper and a chalkboard paper mickey head. All around it I placed pictures of Disney characters. The fun part...BALLOONS! party:I started with 30 (I'll have to replace them every month) and each day one of the kids gets to pop one. Inside each balloon is a strip of paper with our daily Disney activity.
Balloons placed over a characters picture on the wall tells us which movie we'll watch that day.

Let's see, I also found a DISigner that made some cute shirt designs and welcome letters for the kids. If you're interested, check her out on here. Her name is Lady B.

I printed out Tinkerbell letters and started writing a list of items to include in their daily gift. I don't intend to go nuts on those-just give them things they could use each day. I'll include things like one of their gift cards, sunglasses, lip gloss/chap stick, pen for autograph books, pin for their lanyard, and snacks for the day. When we'll be out at night I'll include glow sticks/necklaces/spinner toy etc. and cute hat/gloves/ear muffs/scarf. Maybe a "coupon" for one special purchase from mom & dad (which we plan on doing anyway).

Oh I made luggage tags last night using designs I found on photobucket and the plastic id holders we get on a lanyard when our kiddos are inpatient at the local hospital. I found 9! I (apparently) knew my accumulation of them would come in handy one day! :rotfl2:

Oh I am so sorry to hear she had surgery! As you know Jackson just had one too! Poor kiddos! Jackson is scheduled for surgery in September! Only a month before his trip! Dr said he will be okay to go so I am trusting! If not make a wish said they can reschedule it. I am so excited to hear how the kids LOVE the daily thing!!!!!!! Its getting closer!

Sending my prayers up for Keira, Katyana, and your entire family. You are a such a strong and wonderful mom. I think planning a Disney trip can be a fun mental escape. Your countdown wall sounds awesome :thumbsup2

Sending my prayers up for Keira, Katyana, and your entire family. You are a such a strong and wonderful mom. I think planning a Disney trip can be a fun mental escape. Your countdown wall sounds awesome :thumbsup2
Thanks for your kind words! You are absolutely correct-planning this trip has been a most welcome distraction and I can't help but smile and be giddy while thinking of all the ways I can make this trip extra special for my family!
I've been busy collecting pins, making reservations, planning "Tinkerbell" gifts, tons of daily activities...definitely keeping busy. No clue what I'm going to do with myself AFTER the trip lol!

Quick update since it's been awhile (again, oops!). We have gotten definite dates, flights, and confirmation that MAW will cover the cost of our Princess meal at Akershus as well as tickets to MVMCP!! :dancer:

Katyana is starting to get really excited about her wish. I think she's mostly looking forward to the rides. We don't have any amusement parks near us that have wheelchair accessible rides. We visited six flags when she was 4 or 5 and I was able to support her next to me. She's much bigger now and her body is badly contorted. I wouldn't be able to hold her upright on a ride anymore. She gets so excited when we watch videos of the rides, I can't wait to see her reaction when she rides her first roller coaster!

A couple weeks ago, Tyana got a card in the mail from one of her wish granters-wishing her a great school year at a new school and just to say hi. I thought that was so sweet of her. Totally unexpected. We called her to thank her and I mentioned it was only the 2nd time in her life that she's received mail addressed to her and wouldn't you know it she sent her a package last week of two Disney sing along dvd's and a very sweet note?! Made Tyana's day! :sunny:

I've been busy gathering little things to add to the kids' Tinkerbell gifts. I'm just about done...really I am! I'm afraid I'm just about done with everything I can think to do in preparation of this trip. I'm all outta ideas/projects/things to research lol! :confused3

Well there's always scrapbooking and trying my hand at making some matchy t-shirts.....

Oh, I love your countdown wall idea!! Our daughter is a MAW kid. Her trip is scheduled for April. I have been trying to contain my excitement and planning but today I just had to get started. I found this board and I am so thankful. Hope you don't mind me following along. Katyana is beautiful! Our daughter is mostly non-verbal too. She has CP and scoliosis but not severe. Her main issue is Kleefstra Syndrome, GI issues, seizures, and developmental delay. Please post some pick of your wall if you have time. Did you make up your own Tinkerbell letter? This will be the first trip for our younger 6 children. We took our biological child when she was 7 and now she is 19 and has 6 adopted siblings. We are hoping that she gets to go with us on Katie's wish. I look forward to hearing all about your trip.

Here's our balloon countdown wall:

20150810_100550 (1).jpg
Well, I need to figure out how to resize them a little better!

Welcome letters. These will be waiting on the tables for the kids when they first enter the villa. Found the design right here on DISboards!!

20150829_125759-1.jpg

Luggage tags. Found images online and used the lanyard id card holders we've managed to (unfortunately) collect from recent hospital stays.

20150811_151817.jpg

Oh, I love your countdown wall idea!! Our daughter is a MAW kid. Her trip is scheduled for April. I have been trying to contain my excitement and planning but today I just had to get started. I found this board and I am so thankful. Hope you don't mind me following along. Katyana is beautiful! Our daughter is mostly non-verbal too. She has CP and scoliosis but not severe. Her main issue is Kleefstra Syndrome, GI issues, seizures, and developmental delay. Please post some pick of your wall if you have time. Did you make up your own Tinkerbell letter? This will be the first trip for our younger 6 children. We took our biological child when she was 7 and now she is 19 and has 6 adopted siblings. We are hoping that she gets to go with us on Katie's wish. I look forward to hearing all about your trip.
Thanks for checking out Tyana's ptr! You really do have to start planning early. You're getting close to your 180-day mark to schedule your ADR's! I hope your 19 year old will get to join the rest of the family. I've seen many people bring their adult sibling, just not sure if MAW provided flights and tickets. Have you checked with your coordinator or wish granter about that yet?
I'm posting a few pictures tonight. It's been a while. I'll post pics of our countdown area, and some of the little crafts we've been keeping busy with.

Did you make up your own Tinkerbell letter?
I did. I don't think I have any pictures of those yet but I typed up a quick note to all the kids from Tinkerbell. In the note it pretty much tells them to be on their best behavior and she might fly over to sprinkle a little pixie dust on them throughout the trip. I'll have it set up in front of their gift bags. The girls have a Minnie tote that will have things for them to do on the plane, plus toiletries, and pj's for our first night. My son's (he's almost 16) bag is a black Mickey tote. Nothing flashy for him lol. It will have an eshop card so he can buy a new game for his 3ds to keep him occupied on the flight down. I'll add candy, snacks, etc. as well as his pj's.
Every morning the kids will wake up to wrapped gifts under the tree (wish kid wants a disney Christmas!) along with a note from Tinkerbell. Their gifts each day will correspond to that days plans. They won't get any big ticket items but I'm sure it'll be enough to keep them happy and hopefully keep them from asking for a bunch of things in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter