Princess Kate Picture "Kill Notice "

Regardless of whether Kate personally did some photoshopping or someone on her staff that works for her so what? I don't really care since they are the ones who issued the photo, not some sleazy supermarket tabloid. I still don't see why this is such a big deal.
I respect privacy. Ordinary citizens get the luxury that the rest of the world does not really care about their "abdominal surgery'. Princess Kate is not an ordinary citizen. When people are vague in their desire for privacy sometimes it creates the opposite.... more demand for info. Under any other circumstances the photo would not be a big deal. But the palace should not be blind to the chatter, and whether right or wrong there has been a lot of speculation about the situation with Kate, and all that photo did was make it worse.

I doubt 3/4 of the western world is editing body parts from photos and changing clothing colors.

The issue if it's an older photo is that they misrepresented it. At a time where people were really wondering about her well being.
That to me is definitely the problem,not the Photoshop.

IMO the caption clearly "implied" that "here is the first POST surgery Photo of Kate,look how great she is doing,etc.".

To be deceitful in that way with a public figure is a big deal IMO.

It leads to all kinds of unnecessary speculation that she is not "able" to post a current Photo,etc.

JMO

Last edited:

Honestly - they did this to themselves. As Royals you can only expect a certain amount of privacy before a storm like this happens. Especially with Charles being so ill at the same time. Just be seen in public somehow. You did it after birth, it's been several weeks, if you want the publicity storm to stop... put an end to it. This picture just fueled the fire. And for people with their means.. geez do better if you want to fool people with a poorly photo shopped picture.

Of course, it could also be that Kate just doesn't wear that ring all the time. Only when she's out in public. It's big and heavy. Why wear it while laying in bed for weeks? When they dragged her out of bed for the photo, she simply forgot it's laying on her bed side table.
Well, sure the engagement ring is a bear. But she could wear her wedding ring and eternity band with more ease. But she didn't -- why, I don't know. I don't think it signifies anything dire about the state of the relationship.

I just read about a picture of Kate driving in a car with her mother. There does not appear to be any security. I can't imagine the palace would be okay with her and her mom driving around with no security.

Last edited:

I can believe Kate did the photoshop job herself.

She has made pics of her children and royal family members before which are used for official releases. Like when Camilla was on the cover of Country Life Magazine, it was Kate's picture.

Kate is considered a good (amateur) photographer. Her work has been praised before.

And that is exactly where things went wrong. Her people trusted her skills, believed she could do it, didn't think they had to check. She handed the picture to her social media people and they posted it. Or they were under time pressure.

If Kate has been on bed rest / light work due to her surgery, she has time to spare. I can totally believe she had the time to edit a picture. Photography is her hobby, why wouldn't she do something she enjoys?

What happens to a lot of artists, you get so caught up in your own product you develop a blind spot for your own mistakes, because your brain corrects them. Anyone here who writes copy for a living? You always ask someone else to re-read it for you, because your brain can start filling in missing words, correct typos etc.

I can believe Kate did the photoshop job herself.

She has made pics of her children and royal family members before which are used for official releases. Like when Camilla was on the cover of Country Life Magazine, it was Kate's picture.

Kate is considered a good (amateur) photographer. Her work has been praised before.

And that is exactly where things went wrong. Her people trusted her skills, believed she could do it, didn't think they had to check. She handed the picture to her social media people and they posted it. Or they were under time pressure.

If Kate has been on bed rest / light work due to her surgery, she has time to spare. I can totally believe she had the time to edit a picture. Photography is her hobby, why wouldn't she do something she enjoys?

What happens to a lot of artists, you get so caught up in your own product you develop a blind spot for your own mistakes, because your brain corrects them. Anyone here who writes copy for a living? You always ask someone else to re-read it for you, because your brain can start filling in missing words, correct typos etc.

Kate didn't take the photo. William supposedly took the photo. Then Kate is the one credited for the bad photoshopping job.

What will happen next? I'm not usually a royal watcher but this has had me intrigued.
The pressure is up for them to come clean and tell what is going on. Added to the rumours is now William's alleged infidelity (this rumour comes up once in a while).

But most likely they won't explain and just keep going. Only 3 more weeks till Easter when Late is supposed to be back to work.

What will happen next? I'm not usually a royal watcher but this has had me intrigued.

Probably the Palace is hoping and praying for Harry and Meghan to surface do something that will draw everyone's attention again. Isn't it about time for them to do something to make it all about them again?

The Palace is probably hoping this will pass with time and Kate will finally make a public appearance, looking well, and hoping everyone will feel like idiots for not letting her heal in peace.

But, more than likely, Kate will have to make an appearance, and/or they just show the original un-retouched photo.

Here are the areas in question:

46fb2c9b3d8c4183a4ec89808a0e3ba6_md.jpg

Good news for Adobe, maker of the Photoshop program. After Kate revealed she used Photoshop, their stock price jumped up from $551.69 on Friday, to $560.42 at the end of the day, Monday. They gained $3Billion to their market cap. :teacher:

My feelings, also. I like working with pictures on my computer. And, for pete's sake, the woman is shut in and probably needs something to do (something I can relate with due to recent surgery myself).

Probably the Palace is hoping and praying for Harry and Meghan to surface do something that will draw everyone's attention again. Isn't it about time for them to do something to make it all about them again?

The Palace is probably hoping this will pass with time and Kate will finally make a public appearance, looking well, and hoping everyone will feel like idiots for not letting her heal in peace.

But, more than likely, Kate will have to make an appearance, and/or they just show the original un-retouched photo.

Here are the areas in question:

46fb2c9b3d8c4183a4ec89808a0e3ba6_md.jpg
The sharp edge of Charlotte’s skirt waistband on her inside hip is another.

I like this game. I want this to become a thing. :laughing:

Do you all get this bent out of shape when the Kardashians / Jenners etc visibly photoshop their pictures? Why can’t it be exactly as the Princess of Wales said - William took the photo, she decided to tweak things that didn’t look right. If it was never “killed” I guarantee no one here would have even noticed the discrepancies.

Surely there are more important things in life then this?

Yes, maybe Kate just sat there with her messy bun & robe, still looking weak and tired, and someone in "The Firm" said, "This will not do at all!" And they told one of her assistants to sit in for her and they'd fix the photo later. That would explain why "Kate's" left hand has no ring.

Yea, I heard that theory too. So the photoshop job was so bad that the sleeve doesn’t match, but they got her face on the body just perfectly. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter