Princess dress-up in DLR

cfrith

Mouseketeer
Hi, I remember seeing lots of little girls dressed up in princess costumes last time we were there (2 years ago), but I'm not sure I like the idea for my dd's 4 & 7. But my 4 year old has already asked if she can when we go (after seeing brochures). It seems like it would be such a pain walking around in those! But if I don't let them I'll feel bad since this is supposed to be the time of their lives!!! What do you think?

My just-turned-5 daughter REALLY wants to so I'm going to let her. I'm going to put a t-shirt and shorts or leggings under it though so I can strip it off and throw it in the stroller if she gets too uncomfortable. But the girls look adorable in them and if they want to, I say let them!

We usually compromise by having them wear "normal" clothes to the parks, then let them dress-up when we go out to dinner in Downtown Disney, or some smaller outing. Since dressing up for our girls means wearing those fancy princess shoes, usually a short walk in those is enough to make them tire of the idea after a couple of hours!

We pretty much do what 5loves disney does. DD(4) weare normal clothes to the park while we carry her "princess dress" in our backpacks. As the day progresses, dd changes to her princess outfit for special events like character meals or storytelling time with princesses. We actualy don't allow dd to wear the dress up shoes though. We either put her in walking sandals or tennis shoes. She's got lots of pictures in her numerous princess outfits with the apropriate princess during storytelling time. Last trip, she brought along (princess aurora, ariel and cinderella). This trip she wants to bring along Minnie Mouse and princess aurora. I'd say let your daughter dress up. Just bring along extra clothes in case she starts getting uncomfortable in it.

I have to say the photos of the girls with the princesses in their outfits are divine, I am going to let my daughter take hers for character dining, unfortunately cinderella has a hoop at the bottom of the skirt don't know if that will fit in a ruck sack. My daughter also has a Sully outfit for DCA as well.

I LOVE coming across little girls in princess costumes. I always make sure to address them by their princess name and love how they look at me all surprised. Sometimes they correct me...No, my name is Julie I'm just wearing a COSTUME. ::giggle:: :lmao:

A tank top or tee and some shorts should fit under the costume pretty easily. And its amazing what a TRUE princess will put up with to look beautiful. ;)

My 3 year old dd loves to dress up and has gone to Disneyland as Cinderella. princess: We're leaving tomorrow for a 4 day trip and she is packing the Cinderella, Ariel, and Minnie Mouse costumes. Her costumes go all the way to the ground and she just lifts them as she walks. People love it and want to take photos of her! I say let your girls go for it if they are up to it. I do insist that she wears practical shoes.

I have to admit, I am tempted to buy my daughter the Minnie Mouse outfit before we go, she tells me (apart from the princesses) that is her favourite character. I personally don't allow Princess shoes at any time!

Definitely let them do it!

It makes for great photos....

Our 2 1/2 year old has already visited the parks or chracter meals as Snow White, Cinderella, Tigger, and JoJo....

oh heck, LOL! My DD was a princess every one of our four days - it was awesome! She just wore her hot pink crocs with her princess dresses. The best part is that all the cast members will refer to her as "Princess" all day long... Seriously - it's all just part of the magic - I was happy to let her enjoy her fantasy a little bit more (she *just* turned 5)

When she met Cinderella she said, "Why hello Twin!" and all the other princesses said, "Why, you look just like my friend Cinderella!"

Go for it! It's just fun...

DMP said:
oh heck, LOL! My DD was a princess every one of our four days - it was awesome! She just wore her hot pink crocs with her princess dresses. The best part is that all the cast members will refer to her as "Princess" all day long..

we took my god daughter this past may when she turned 4 and she had a whole closet full of dresses...she wore a different one each day and on one of the days she wore 2...we had bought her some clear shoes, which was a miracle in itself that they had something like that...(not the toy plastic ones) and we fixed her hair in an updo for the day she was cinderella and straight (which her hair is) for the day she was Aurora...every day cms would see her and bow calling her "your majesty" or "princess" it was so cute...she got the biggest kick out of that ...she really thought they were mistaking her for a princess hahaha...I would totally buy those dresses for my daughter if she was still little...hmph shes 19 now and i can barely get her in the park let alone pretend she is a princess...well maybe she is the princess from H e double hockeysticks :lmao:

I'm taking my dd to libby lu before we go to Ariels Grotto so they can do her hair, I could never make her look like a princess on my own!

My little princess will be turning 9 in April, and *still* wants to wear her Cinderella gown this next week on our trip to DL. We went to WDW in '03, and got her a Cinderella dress at that time, although it was more like a nightgown (ie not the traditional blue Cinderella gown). After returning, I did get her a gown, and she's worn it at least 2 of the 3 Halloweens since then. My wife thinks it'll be more like a miniskirt on her now (she's so tall and long of body!), but I'll have to have her try it on before we leave. lol

My almost-10-yo has a Minnie costume, but I don't know if she'll want to wear that. Again, another item on the pre-packing-to-do list. lol

Isn't this what Disney and childhood is all about? Don't question their imagination, FEED it.

When My mom and i were eating the very yummy corn dogs in main street, I saw like 7 little girls wearing Cinderella dresses, they were skipping down main street with Cinderella, it was adorable!

tigger0215 said:
When My mom and i were eating the very yummy corn dogs in main street, I saw like 7 little girls wearing Cinderella dresses, they were skipping down main street with Cinderella, it was adorable!
Oh, how sweet!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter