• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Princess costumes on cruises...

Hatay

Earning My Ears
We are cruising during Halloween season. Do little girls wear princess costumes on formal night? Pirate night? To dinner every night? :) Do you see a lot of princess on pirate night?
Thanks.

We have sailed 2 Halloween on the High Seas and several standard cruises.There are princess dresses 24/7 anywhere and everywhere. I find it magical even though I have never traveled with children. Don't forget to ask your stateroom host for princess sheets.

There were costumes all over our cruise this past December! Lots of princes and princesses on formal night for sure. DD wore her costumes around just because, including wearing her mermaid bikini with fin coverup from BBB to the Frozen matinee. (Hey, we were on vacation!) She also dressed as Zarina from The Pirate Fairy on pirate night; wore a Tiana costume to Tiana's place; and wore her Merida costume to dinner some other night.

Although I don't recommend costumes in the kids clubs, because most don't stand up to the rigor of play that goes on there! DD got a rip in her Moana costume wearing it there (probably from going down the slide.)

When they wear princess costumes to dinner, all the servers will stop and clap as the princess enters the restaurant!

Our DD loves it when they applaud her.

My 3 boys wore Stormtrooper outfits to breakfast and dinner. All costumes welcome (though you might want to reconsider the WHITE stormtrooper outfit the day red pasta sauce is on the menu...just sayin')

Without a doubt you will want to take princess dresses. My girls dressed up at least a little every day for any occasion and my girls are not big into dress up.

We have sailed 2 Halloween on the High Seas and several standard cruises.There are princess dresses 24/7 anywhere and everywhere. I find it magical even though I have never traveled with children. Don't forget to ask your stateroom host for princess sheets.

Seven Disney cruises and we've never gotten princess sheets. You would think that would be an automatic with kids in a room.

we prefer to wear the princess dresses on formal night and to tea but like to dress up as a pirate for pirate night. Halloween night is costume night

I will add: there are also lots of girls NOT in princess costumes. But it is impossible for little girls to avoid being called Princess, incessantly, by everyone. I am sure the CMs are trained...it was not our favorite thing either time, and it sure did annoy my son ("Mama, how come SHE gets to have a special title, but I don't? she's not even dressed up! and I don't want to dress up, I just want to be special!")

Our daughter did not want to wear her princess dresses most days (unexpectedly). She was a "pirate princess" (this, basically) on pirate night, but some girls were regular princesses and some were...not. And she was Princess Leia on Star Wars night. Other than that she wore an Elsa dress to the Frozen meet up, and a Cinderella dress to princess tea, and the other princess dresses stayed packed the whole week.

...the other princess dresses stayed packed the whole week.

On Disney cruises and trips, I always pack enough dresses so she can be in them the whole time (as has been her habit since our first trip) but enough regular clothes that she could just go the whole trip with no dressing up.

I alway come home with multiple unworn regular outfits that never even got unrolled and taken out of the packing cubes. My kid has weird costume staying power! Although she is almost six and will probably grow out of it someday. :)

Never been on a Halloween cruise but my experience, the majority of kids are not dressed in costumes for regular dinners. For my girls (5yr & 3yr on our last cruise), they each bring an Anna/Elsa dress for the Frozen M&G and a different princess dress for the Princess M&G. They wear the costume over their clothes for 20 min then onto the next activity. The only time they wore costumes to dinner was pirate night and SWDAS. As a family, we dress up those nights.

My daughter wore princess dresses all the time, on a NON Halloween cruise, I'm sure it's even more common on a Halloween cruise :cutie:
They have princess sheets?! :love:

Anything that little boys that like Mickey or Pirates?

Yes. Our stateroom host surprised my my daughter got Cars sheets on our last cruise. She thought they were totally cool. Our stateroom host apologized and couldn't believe they thought our DD was a boy, but we said she loved them so we ended up with them again. She would have been just as happy with anything non-princess, and almost has happy with princess, but she was also 15 and had never gotten themed sheets before so it was the coolest thing ever!

I've seen little girls dressed as princesses for breakfast. Not on a Halloween cruise. Some dress up all of the time and some never do. I've seen all variations from boys dressed up as pirates, girls dressed as pirates, girls as princesses, girls and boys not dressed up but wearing Disney-themed clothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter