Princess character timing

HikingBelle

Mouseketeer
This forum has been so helpful for planning our Disneyland trip! We are WDW veterans, but first timers visiting DL in mid-May for 3 days. I'm creating our touring plans, and I'm hoping a few folks can help me for planning.

How are the lines for Anna and Elsa at CA, and for Princess Royal Hall at DLP? I've been tracking other lines and FP times in my app, but they don't list times for character meet and greets. Any suggestions for fitting in the Anna and Elsa meet and greet when we only have 1 day at DLP?

Thank you!

Additionally - we are staying in a Good Neighbor location. Is it problematic to visit CA on a day that Disneyland resort guests have early entry? Thanks!

The key to Princess Royal Hall is not to get in line as or just after the show right across from it is getting out. That causes the line to surge. Since the Princesses have moved to the Hall, we have never waited more than 30 minutes in line, and usually it is between 5 and 20 minutes and we go in July. We have been there at different times of day and never had a problem as long as the show has not just gotten out. If you get there and the line is really long, just look at the show schedule across and try again in a little while- around or just after the time a show is starting is usually pretty good. As far as A & E, I'm not sure how their line has been lately. It was shorter for a while, but I do know in the last week or so they have started a Kristoff/Olaf meet in the same place where Anna and Elsa meet at DL, so if that is still there in May, I think the lines will increase again with Kristoff around.

The key to Princess Royal Hall is not to get in line as or just after the show right across from it is getting out. That causes the line to surge. Since the Princesses have moved to the Hall, we have never waited more than 30 minutes in line, and usually it is between 5 and 20 minutes and we go in July. We have been there at different times of day and never had a problem as long as the show has not just gotten out. If you get there and the line is really long, just look at the show schedule across and try again in a little while- around or just after the time a show is starting is usually pretty good. As far as A & E, I'm not sure how their line has been lately. It was shorter for a while, but I do know in the last week or so they have started a Kristoff/Olaf meet in the same place where Anna and Elsa meet at DL, so if that is still there in May, I think the lines will increase again with Kristoff around.
Thank you!

The A&E line also fluctuates greatly, especially around the Frozen show letting out and even Turtle Talk ending. We meet them all the time but won't wait if there are more than 4-5 groups in line; we just keep cycling back until we find that scenario. One problem is that there's no way of knowing how many sets of sisters are meeting, but we've found they usually add a set just before the Frozen show gets out. If you can get there shortly before that, there's a good likelihood that there are multiple rooms meeting, and the line moves quickly. Hope that makes sense.

We have not been since Kristoff and Olaf showed up last week. We're going tomorrow afternoon, but it looks like they've only been meeting in the mornings... So it's possible that the A&E line may be lower in the afternoons once they've left? That's pure speculation. I can ask the cast member working tomorrow how it's been.

The best times for us at the royal hall have been during/right at the end of the daytime parade. When we've done that it was maybe 10 minutes at most. A&E have always been around 25 mins for us regardless of time of day, on slower weekdays.

we always try to avoid going to DCA on early entry days. That might change with addition of FP for TSMM - that's usually where we go first. Not sure where things are ranked on your list of "to-dos", but if you go to A&E first while someone else gets FP for RSR for something, I bet your wait would be pretty short.

We waited half an hour for Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf the other day at 1:30pm. Kristoff and Olaf were only meeting until 2 so we wanted to try and get in with them and we just made it. The line's seemed longer since they started meeting. I'm sure it will die down again. Back in September I waited 5 minutes for just Anna and Elsa.

We waited half an hour for Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf the other day at 1:30pm. Kristoff and Olaf were only meeting until 2 so we wanted to try and get in with them and we just made it. The line's seemed longer since they started meeting. I'm sure it will die down again. Back in September I waited 5 minutes for just Anna and Elsa.
Yeah, we've met the sisters a couple of times recently with no line at all in the main hall (just a few people in the little hallway right before you enter the rooms)... But I'm guessing that won't be the case with the new arrivals.

Were all four of them meeting in the same room?

Yeah, we've met the sisters a couple of times recently with no line at all in the main hall (just a few people in the little hallway right before you enter the rooms)... But I'm guessing that won't be the case with the new arrivals.

Were all four of them meeting in the same room?

No, first you go into a room with Kristoff and Olaf and then into the room with Anna and Elsa.

I think it varies... we went last Thursday and just got in line right after turtle talk bc my kid realized what the line was for. Queen Elsa was "away", but the line for Anna (no olaf or Sven) was only about 15 minutes and we got a really really long and good interaction.

Additionally - we are staying in a Good Neighbor location. Is it problematic to visit CA on a day that Disneyland resort guests have early entry? Thanks!
Not really. We've done it and TSMM is still a walk-on even after EMH is over. We've ridden it twice in a row, followed by CS also twice in a row - neither with more than five minutes waiting.

Olaf and Kristoff are generally only there in the mornings. We waited about 30 - 40 minutes today for Elsa and gang. Yesterday (very busy park day) we waited about 30 minutes or so for the Princesses. If Anna and Elsa are very important, try going just after rope drop.

We went just after 8 am this Tuesday. We waited 10-15 minutes to get into the first room with Kristoff and Olaf, and then right over to the room with A & E. They had nice interactions in both rooms.

Just 1 line. When it is your turn, they lead you to one room, and then the second. It was very convenient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter