Princess Celebration lunch

Jaime

DIS Veteran
I just made a ressie for the Princess Celebration Lunch. I surprised how many times I had to choose from considering it was for a Sat two weeks away. We have gone to CRT in DW on our last two trips and always had alot of trouble getting ressies. Actually I wasn't even going to try to make a ressie figuring it would be to late. lol. Is this a sign that the park may not be overly busy? I was surprised that they didn't require anything besided my name and that there was no ressie #. Is this normal for all DL dining? Is my 1 1/2 year old allowed to share with her 3 yearold sister? I read a review that the children get a pail and crown, is this only for Birthday's? And I assume if they share they will only get one?

Thanks!!

We went in November and my daughter got a paper crown as she walked in. I bet you will get one for each child.

The kids meals come in a bucket with a shovel, I assume you will only get one per kids meal.

My daughter was so excited to see the princesses I don't think she ate more than two bites, good idea to share!

Ariel's Grotto in California Adventure.

We are going there Saturday, because it was my DS's request. ;) I had gone in the fall on a business trip and noticed the kids hot dogs are cut up like an octopus. So, my DS doesnt care for the Princesses but wants to go for that. I had been so impressed by the experience I was excited to go back so, we booked it.

In general PSs dont really book up much for DL. I think a lot less people book them here than they do in WDW. I have been able to get many last minute PSs for people.

Oh and even as a large party of all adults, we were all given crowns and pins when we were seated. :goodvibes

Thanks so much for all your help. I love the hotdog tip. My DD will be so excited!

We've eaten there before and are going there again a week from today. :) You can find the menu and prices here... http://www.dlresortinfo.com/DCAMenus/dcamenus.html

As to who gets a crown.. all the kids. It doesn't matter if they are buying a meal or not. And as to your 1yo having to share.. sure she can. But, the provide free meals for kids under 3. It's just basically a 1/2 meal if that makes sense. They just get 1/2 the portions. They still get all 3 courses and there is no charge. :) My daughter was 2 last time we went (and is still 2.. so another free lunch for her! Yay!) and she still got a shovel and a pail along with her free meal. The kids meals like the chicken nuggets, fish sticks & corn dogs come inside the pail. The spaghetti and mac n cheese come on a plate with the pail/shovel on the side. HTH!

Mom2micayla said:
they provide free meals for kids under 3. It's just basically a 1/2 meal if that makes sense. They just get 1/2 the portions. They still get all 3 courses and there is no charge. :) My daughter was 2 last time we went (and is still 2.. so another free lunch for her! Yay!) and she still got a shovel and a pail along with her free meal.

Wow that's great. I was told by the CM that she would have to eat of our plates as it is not a buffet. My girls don't eat much so I didn't mind them sharing but one pail and shovel would have been a fight. lol.

Thanks.

I would love to do this! But does anybody else think this is a little overpriced??

Jaime said:
Wow that's great. I was told by the CM that she would have to eat of our plates as it is not a buffet. My girls don't eat much so I didn't mind them sharing but one pail and shovel would have been a fight. lol.

Thanks.

Well I can't swear that'll be the case, but that's how it was for us in Oct. We just told the waiter that our daughter was under 3 and he said that was fine and she'd just get 1/2 the portion. We weren't charged for anything and like I said she got a shovel & pail too. :) On the dlr info page it shows 3 & up are charged too. So definitely mention (though I'm sure it's obvious) that your daughter is under 3 and they should do the same for you.

Tink! said:
I would love to do this! But does anybody else think this is a little overpriced??

At first I did but I've since changed my mind. There really is alot of food.. 3 full courses. It's one of the only times that I've ever felt really full from a meal at DLR. We really liked the fact that it was a seated meal and we were waited on too. A nice change from the counter service and buffets. Plus it's actually cheaper than Goofy's. Oh and to us it's seem to be so hard to find the Princesses just wondering around the park. So it was a great opportunity to guarantee we get pics with them without waiting in huge lines.

When we were there in June (it was Captain Mickey's then) and again in December (the Princess meal), we had a 5 1/2 yr old and a 2 yr old. The kids shared a meal - when we asked about kids under 3 eating free they told us he had to share or if we ordered for him we would have to pay. We didn't get pails and shovels either time.. but I did see them this last time.

Tink! said:

At Disneyland its all relative! At home I would never pay that much for a meal, especially for my kids. I mean 15 bucks for heaven's sake! But then I think at home I don't have beautiful, Disney princesses to entertain us and pose for pictures with my daughter! You are truly paying to be fed and entertained with character meals. And another thing to consider is this: about 10 days ago my dh and I took the kids to DL. We decided to go "cheap" one night. We got two corn dog meals (corn dog, small bag of Lays and a coke). It was right around $17. We shared between the four of us and of course were not filled up for long. So if a hot dog can cost over $8, than a three course meal for $26 isn't that bad all things considered!

P.S. Its a really fun meal. I always serve a lot of mac and cheese at home before and after our Disney trips to cover the cost of our character meals, which are usually worth every penny!

Mom2micayla said:
Well I can't swear that'll be the case, but that's how it was for us in Oct. We just told the waiter that our daughter was under 3 and he said that was fine and she'd just get 1/2 the portion. We weren't charged for anything and like I said she got a shovel & pail too. :) On the dlr info page it shows 3 & up are charged too. So definitely mention (though I'm sure it's obvious) that your daughter is under 3 and they should do the same for you.

Just wanted to update for those that haven't been that they are still doing that. :thumbsup2 We had 4 kids under 3, 2 infants and 2 who were 2 years old. All of the kids got buckets & shovels, including the infants. And the 2 year olds both got their own plates of food (all 3 courses) for free. All we did was mention they were 2. We didn't have any problems with it. :)

Jaime said:
Actually I wasn't even going to try to make a ressie figuring it would be to late. lol. Is this a sign that the park may not be overly busy?
Thanks!!

:rotfl2: you wish :lmao:

Mom2micayla said:
3 full courses.

speaking of...i was wondering...I cant eat the dessert as Im diabetic...does anyone know if they would let me substitute something else in liu of the dessert course?

That's a good question. My husband is diabetic but he still ate the dessert (shame on him!) Anyway, I know I remember reading somewhere on here that someone had the princess lunch and they had to close the kitchen do to a problem before they got desserts out. IIRC they gave that person like 15% off b/c they didn't dessert. Not sure if that would be an exception b/c it was their fault or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter