Princess and the Frog!!! THANK YOU DISNEY!

Just saw it today with my mom and DD6. We all loved it! Great music, great story!! DD was never scared. Just excited to see what would happen next.

We also saw this movie today (awesome!!) with our DD6 & DS9. Both of my kids loved it & my DS laughed out loud quite a bit, especially when the frogs were battling the frog catchers. Actually, my DS was as excited to see this movie as my DD.

We absolutely loved it! 3 year old DD was dancing in the theater with the music too. She hasn't stopped talking about Tiana since we left. She absolutely loves her. Good thing I already had the dolls put away for Christmas. She has already called her Grandma to tell her she is going to take her to it next week so "grandma" can see it (yep- she's a plotter). A warning to the parents though, the death did upset her during the movie. I have to admit, I'm a softie and it made me sad too. Even DH looked at me and said "Did they really just do that?"

I guess my ds4 is the only one who hated the movie :confused3. He kept asking when it would be over and hid his face for much of the time. It was just too scary for him. Kind of too scary for me too. My older children seemed to like it though.

We saw it yesterday and loved it! dd8 has been talking about it, in anticipation, for months. Her #1 thing she wants for xmas is the Tiana doll. And she said the movie was better than she thought it would be (and she already had high expectations). She started clapping right when the movie ended and everyone else just joined in with her. :goodvibes dd10 asked if we were going to buy the dvd. I am just so pleased. We ended up getting tix from the disney store. For every $40.00 spent you got a children's tix to see the movie....I did not know that! so....I felt obligated to purchase $80.00 worth of stuff...most of it Princess and the Frog things. My mom and her family are from Louisiana and I was proud and pleased with the beauty of the scenery and the musical "vibe" that the movie had in honor of New Orleans of old!

My 6-yo son loved it! He watched the entire movie and didn't ask for his gameboy once. Then when we got home he looked it up on youtube, and then asked me for his DVD player so he could watch it. He wasn't impressed that I couldn't produce the DVD!!

A cute story, as we were walking in there was a little girl dressed in a Tiana costume. I said to her, Oh I didn't know we were going to get to meet the real princess today! She was such a sweet little thing, she said...She looks just like me!! Awww!!! Almost brought tears to my eyes!

I'm so glad your son enjoyed it:thumbsup2

If you have the TV One cable channel, they are running a great, half-hour behind-the-scenes special called "Diary of a Princess: Disney's Princess & the Frog," today (Sunday 12/13) at 5:30 pm Central time, and again next Saturday morning at 10:30 am Central.

So in your opinion would little boys like this movie? popcorn::

Definetely YES!!! There wasn't much of a princess-y feel to the movie, DS, 6.5 saw it yesterday. The "bad guy" and the entire swamp scenes (basically, the whole middle of the movie) aren't geared specifically for girls. There's a tiny bit of potty humor from Ray.

My absolute FAVORITE part of the movie was it's message...not your typical "knight in shining armor will come to save the day" but more of a YOUR own hard work determines your success in life. It was a very refreshing POV compared to some of the older princess movies.....

I took a 4 year old (my dd), a 7 year old and a 9 year old (my nieces) to see it yesterday. MY dd sat on the edge of her seat the entire time. She really liked the movie. My nieces did too. There were parts that I thought my dd would be a little scared of but she wasn't.

I went with my 17 yr old DD and a few other friends. We had the BEST time! My DD (who is NOT into Disney movies) loved it, and we gave it a standing ovation at the end. Tiana is wonderful, and the music was amazing. A classic Disney movie. I can't wait to take my 4 yr old DS. :)

It is definitely my new favorite Disney movie, and I love Beauty and the Beast! :goodvibes

Me and DS 11 went, he wasn't that excited about going, but I told him if he accompanied me then I would accompany him to Alvin and the Chipmunks ;).

He loved it! He especially liked the music and was wanting to buy the soundtrack. It was so nice to have a return to a classic Disney style movie.

He didn't love the creepy parts though, but he's very "creepy sensitive" won't even ride HM, I thought it was awesome!

I LOVED IT, I LOVED IT, I LOVED IT!!!!!!:lovestruc:lovestruc:cloud9::cloud9:. Oh I mean my DD7 loved it:rolleyes1

Saw it Saturday, and loved, loved, loved it!! Sooooo happy to see Disney put out a hand drawn musical again. My DD9 and I saw (and were in :woohoo:) Tiana's Showboat Jubilee in November, so we were pumped about seeing this movie. We were quitely singing the songs we knew right along with the movie. (Theater was pretty much empty otherwise we wouldn't have.) We laughed, we cried.. couldn't ask for more. Love Tiana, kind of reminds me of a more modern Belle. I hope to see some of the other characters doing meet and greets next time we are at the parks. Keeping my fingers crossed for Raymond.. he was my favorite.

I have a great deal of extended family in Louisiana. My grandmother has a bit of a cajun accent so every so often I would think, "that sounds just like Grandma." Can't wait to see her in a couple of weeks for her 100th birthday!

We saw it last night. We live in a suburb of New Orleans, and it was awesome to see it with a packed house who all got the little inside jokes.

I loved the inside jokes too! One of my favorites was the joke about being from Shreveport. I died laughing! Probably not the funniest, but for some reason it just tickled me to no end.

I loved the inside jokes too! One of my favorites was the joke about being from Shreveport. I died laughing! Probably not the funniest, but for some reason it just tickled me to no end.
I must have missed this joke.. Guess I need to see it again.
I live in the surrounding area of New Orleans, and we saw the movie in New Orleans. We LOOOOVEEEED it!!! I thought they really had the cajun/creole stuff done right. I'm still giddy about it. :goodvibes
I was impressed with the accents too. They sounded pretty authentic to me. I wonder if some of the actors are actually from Louisiana? I guess they have dialect coaches.

I loved it and my DH and I don't have kids yet but we love Disney and it was so awesome to see a movie like that. It felt so magical, like we were kids again going to see The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast etc.
I can't wait to get the soundtrack. I told my whole family how much I liked it and how the soundtrack would make a great addition to presents under the Christmas tree.:cool1:

I was so excited when The Princess And The Frog was first released and once the movie came into theaters I became an instant fan and the very first merchandise I got was Tiana's Cookbook and even before I saw the movie I ate New Orleans cuisine and you could say that Tiana really helped expand my menu of different foods. And for Christmas everything I had was The Princess And The Frog themed and got the entire plush set too. I finally got to see The Princess And The Frog in the theater at a mall during New Year's and it was such a fantastic work of art and Prince Naveen was so handsome but I like him in his frog form the best. My mom actually got teary eyed when Ray died and even today that part still makes her cry but Tiana is still my favorite princess and I have quite a few Tiana dolls in my collection today and this movie really proves that Disney was back on top

I would have to say that out of all of Disney's animated movies The Princess And The Frog really stands the test of time because not only does it have great animation but a great soundtrack as well. And how they cast Anika Noni Rose in the Tiana role is pure genius because not only could Anika act she could really sing as well and I think Disney made the perfect choice to voice Princess Tiana so well. Bruno Campos talk about not only handsome and cool but he made Prince Naveen so wonderful with that marvelous Maldonian accent and I think the main reason why Bruno Campos was cast as Prince Naveen was so that girls would fall in love with his voice when he played Prince Naveen. And Prince Naveen as well as Bruno Campos became my crushes and it's a shame that he retired from acting to focus on his law career because prior to The Princess And The Frog he starred in the NBC short-lived sitcom Jesse with Christina Applegate as her crush and when my mom and I were watching CBS's Cold Case Bruno Campos was in one of the episodes and I said "Mom that's Prince Naveen" and I couldn't believe that Prince Naveen's human actor was on that show as a guest star. And even after The Princess And The Frog came out on video I used to always snuggle with my plush Prince Naveen frog which proved he was my favorite character of the film. I wonder now with the debut of the new Tiana series in 2024 and the transformation of New Orleans Square to a Tiana themed land will gain The Princess And The Frog new fans and the film will get a huge fanbase and become popular again with Disney fans?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter