Primetime, Sci-Fi or Hollywood&Vine

My kids love Sci-Fi! We have been going there since they were little. They loved eating in a "car" and watching the movies. We would put them in the front seat and we would sit behind them. It was never an issue for us not to be facing each other. They loved watching the "movies!" They are 20 and 17 now, and still love going there!

We haven't eaten at the other two restaurants...so I can't comment on those.

Looks like we have decided to do H&V for a lunch. Thanks everyone for your input.

Of the three, I thought the food was the best at Sci Fi. 50s was crazy crowded and had an insane wait for tables the day we went and the servers weren't really in character like they supposedly are usually. The food was just okay. We've done Hollywood and Vine a few times. Food is okay. Not bad, but I can't recall ever having anything I thought was particularly good. The characters are fun though and the 4 year old will likely enjoy them.

Unless you want to do a buffet, I would vote for Sci Fi. I think the 4 yo and maybe 9 yo would be bored at 50's diner. They would probably enjoy the theming of Sci Fi .

For kids in that age group i'd choose SciFi for sure. Your kids will love it! Sitting in a convertible car watching clips while eating is a lot of fun. My DS still loves this place. The theme is amazing and quite unique. Plus its the quietest most peaceful lunch i've ever had. Yes, its really quiet. For the food, we've really liked the cheeseburgers/fries, wings, onion rings, spinach dip, and the shakes. OMG the oreo shake is to die for.

My son didnt mind the food at 50's prime, but he didnt enjoy the scolding from the servers. At the time when he was around 8 or 9, he didnt understand why that was so funny....he hasn't asked to go back for a while since that first experience. The wait for a table at 50's is really insane, every single time. I dont know why, but its crazy.

My 9 yo son said 50's PT would be the one restaurant he would go back to next visit overall. He loved the chicken, and he is a picky eater. My 12 yo D loved it too. Fun atmosphere for all!

I like the Prime Time more than the Sci Fi Cafe. The only good thing I can say about my food at the Sci Fi was that it was edible. And that was all. But I really enjoy my food at the Prime Time Cafe. I had the sampler last month, and it was very good. Some of the best pot roast I have ever had. And the fried chicken is always tasty.
We have to agree with this post. 50's Prime Time is must for us on every visit. Fried chicken dinner is GREAT. The Sci-Fi has a really great & fun atmosphere, but from our experience the food is nothing special.

Sci-Fi is our goto restaurant at HS and a must do every trip for us.

Great burgers and milkshakes and the atmosphere can't be beat.

Each of the 3 has been in our HS rotation for years for different reasons. The characters at H&V can be worth it but generally the food and service are awful and the character interactions just not the best probably because they have too many people in there at once and it's incredibly chaotic. The most chaotic of any of the character meals IMHO. We used to love SciFi but the food has gone down hill in the past couple of years and now it's off our list because we had raw chicken last time and they told us sometimes the frozen chicken doesn't cook all the way through. HUH?! The ambience though can't be beat. Very cool to sit in a car and watch a "drive in" movie. The novelty might make it worth one trip despite the mediocre food. Prime Time is our favorite but it's the most fun if you know what it's about going into it and you play along with the cast members. For example, think 50's family dinners with all the rules - no elbows on the table, no dessert until you eat your veggies, etc. Food is good, setting fun, and if you play along, a very enjoyable meal.

We have done them all. From those three I would definitely choose Prime Time. Food is good and it's a fun place. We are not big Sci Fi fans. Food is ok at best and I'm not a fan of how the cars work out when we are a party of three. H&v is probably our least favorite character buffet both for food and characters. We also really like Mama Melrose and The Brown Derby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter