Pride month at Disney...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wish all the “fun foods” didn’t have so much artificial dye in them. We actually found out about our daughter’s food dye allergy at Disney when she was a toddler (I still feel bad for the CM that had to come clean vomit at midnight in our room).

I'm going to get flamed, but I agree.

Not to poop on the parade, but I also find it funny that many are against corporate pandering, then are all for the PR stunt that goes on in June. Slap up a couple rainbows, have a sign that says "PRIDE", create a couple food items that have extra food coloring, and watch the money come in from a subset of the population that feels like a corporation really cares about who they sleep with.

Then if you wear something rainbow people assume you're LGBTQ+ when really you just like rainbows.
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I’m 73 snd have known since i was a kid that sexual orientation. Is not a choice.
And I don’t see this as Corp pandering. It’s allowing this community a few weeks to rearrange schedules, get to DW and participate in all the joy and freedom this month long event allows. And yes it’s good for the bottom line. Does Disney care who you sleep with? Doubtful but I fail to see how that makes any difference. It’s a celebration that entire families can participate in.
And do most parents find it hard to answer questions from curious kids? It shouldn’t be any harder than answering …how do you know there’s a god? Or why is Mikey’s skin darker than mine? My daughter with Down syndrome has seen gays, trans, drag queens for years (drag Queen bingo is a blast…just sayin). A simple matter of fact explanation has always sufficed.
And then f I wear something with a rainbow I could care less if someone thought I was ‘one of them’.

I mean....it's really not hard. Families who are just positively outraged that Fairy Godmothers now have "fairy godmother apprentices", who may be male, should just avoid Disney. Avoid all cities. Avoid television and most entertainment at all costs. And invest in a Time Machine. None of this is new, we've been moving toward being a more inclusive nation for quite some time. Some seem to have just noticed and are digging in for a fight that nobody else is participating in......just a lot of yelling from one side.

Why is it that posters don't like backing up their statements? If you say something and get called on it, either explain it or ignore it, don't try to change the subject like you've never said it.

Anyway...
Regardless, why do they need a month to celebrate that?
Same reason these months are "needed"...
1685794809790.png
Source

I could easily argue NONE of these celebrations are NEEDED, but who cares what someone else celebrates? I could argue Christmas and Easter are not NEEDED. You know what? I simply don't celebrate them.

Why is it that posters don't like backing up their statements? If you say something and get called on it, either explain it or ignore it, don't try to change the subject like you've never said it.

Anyway...

Same reason these months are "needed"...
View attachment 764924
Source

I could easily argue NONE of these celebrations are NEEDED, but who cares what someone else celebrates? I could argue Christmas and Easter are not NEEDED. You know what? I simply don't celebrate them.
Corporations don’t go all out on theses other months. I can’t remember German American month ever being shoved in my face. I doubt 99% of Americans have heard of most of those.

Corporations don’t go all out on theses other months. I can’t remember German American month ever being shoved in my face. I doubt 99% of Americans have heard of most of those.

I agree that as someone who is partially German, that we don't celebrate German American Heritage Month. We're also not attacked as a people and so we don't require other organizations/corporations to show support for us. We're all good.

Umm, isn't Disney a place that a lot of people dress as who they want to be every day?

Aren't we talking about a place where dreams can come true?

And how many people really are the same gender as the face on that costume?

I don't get the disagreement over the character at Bibbidi Bobbitt Boutique?

I agree that as someone who is partially German, that we don't celebrate German American Heritage Month. We're also not attacked as a people and so we don't require other organizations/corporations to show support for us. We're all good.

Exactly.

This is the point. There were times not too long ago when many on that list were ostracized for being who they are.

It's heartbreaking that no matter how hard we try to present good information to people, it's nearly impossible to change the mind of a bigot.

Some families have no concern and some families do. I think you know that. I'm guessing the later is the majortiy.

I'm not sure why we need to take a month celebrate someones sexual choices. There are so many more worthy things to celebrate.
I'm guessing that the former is the majority. But we don't go screaming from the rooftops. The minority is extremely loud, but that doesn't mean they're actually a majority.

I'm not sure why we wouldn't take a month to celebrate a historically marginalized and oppressed group. But I suppose you're also against Black History Month and every other month that celebrates people. Are you also against Christmas lasting from November into January?

Who cares? That's why I don't get about this. If you don't like what a business does, vote with your wallet.

I guess you're just ignoring your comment about "sexual choice"?
I'm not sure why we need to take a month celebrate someones sexual choices.

And then if I wear something with a rainbow I could care less if someone thought I was ‘one of them’.
This. Years ago, I happened to be at Hollywood Studios with my mom. It was Gay Days, and we both happened to be wearing red shirts. It was back when they had the dance parties on the Streets of America. One of the guys came over and pulled me up and danced with me for a few minutes. Then he carefully returned me to my mom and draped my arm around her shoulders. It took us a minute, but we realized he assumed we were a couple. We just giggled and went about our day. Who cares????

Can we move the discussion back to Disney’s offerings and decorations for Pride? This thread is getting derailed with discussions that are irrelevant to the subject of this thread.
Feel free to post about the offering and decorations. I disagree about the side discussions being "irrelevant" though. They go to some of the reasons for the event.

Feel free to post about the offering and decorations. I disagree about the side discussions being "irrelevant" though. They go to some of the reasons for the event.
I get that but idk it really is exhausting to see the same people derailing threads about LGBT topics. Their minds are not being changed. They are just here to argue. It really is best to ignore them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter