Prices

And it goes to show that nothing is guaranteed in terms of what you buy resale going up.

While it trends that way, things can and do go down.

And it goes to show that nothing is guaranteed in terms of what you buy resale going up.

GCV benefited from the very very tiny supply, not only at GCV, but that was the entire supply for all of Disneyland.
With the new tower being built, GCV may never again see its prior astronomical values.

My guess is the new tower is the reason GCV values are down -- People are just waiting for direct sales on the new tower instead of paying $300 per point for GCV.

GCV benefited from the very very tiny supply, not only at GCV, but that was the entire supply for all of Disneyland.
With the new tower being built, GCV may never again see its prior astronomical values.

My guess is the new tower is the reason GCV values are down -- People are just waiting for direct sales on the new tower instead of paying $300 per point for GCV.
Some people probably, but others prefer the atmosphere at the GCV. They are completely different resorts.

Some people probably, but others prefer the atmosphere at the GCV. They are completely different resorts.

Of course. But how much extra are people willing to pay?
And how many people?

If you had 1000 people who really wanted to buy Disneyland DVC, and GCV was the only option..... So you had 1,000 people bidding up GCV contracts, the prices go really high..
But if 500 of those people say, "ehh... at those prices, I'll just wait for the tower" --- So only 500 people are now bidding up GCV contracts, that means less demand -- it means lower prices.

If even 1 person says, "I'll wait for the new tower"... that reduces the demand. And I'm guessing far more than 1 person has decided they would rather wait, instead of paying $300 per point.

Yep, I always view any timeshare I buy as a "sunk" cost, even though in the case of DVC, I know I will probably get something back, and maybe even more than I paid for resale. However, I don't count on it and just calculate the initial cost as gone, and be pleasantly surprised if I get anything back. Buy timeshare for the usage, value is in creating precious family memories, not as an investment for gain.

Back on topic, just as VGF resale went down for VGF2, so will VGC resale go down for the new Disneyland Towerr. Sure, there will be people that only want VGC, but I don't think there will be enough to continue propping up the price to the $300 / pt mark once there are other choices.

Great3

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter