• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Priceline question

Mel_ificent

Earning My Ears
Using Priceline I have been lucky enough to secure reservations at the Marriott Orlando for £40 / night

There are six of us, 4 adults and 2 kids, so I booked 2 rooms. BUT, looking at my confirmation email, there is no mention of the kids, and thinking back, they never asked me?

Has anyone booked rooms with Priceline, and just turned up with kids?

More worries to keep me awake at night!

Thanks

Mel- I am making the assumption that the hotel that you received is the Marriott Orlando World Center. This is a very large, convention- oriented hotel and very nice, I might add. When bidding on Priceline, you are only guaranteed a room that sleeps 2 so that it is conceivable you could get rooms with only one bed. That being said, I would call the hotel in advance and request rooms with 2 beds. My experience with this hotel has been that they try to accomodate your requests. Also, their website does list most rooms will accomodate 5 people. My memory may be mistaken, but I think that the rooms also include a sofa-sleeper which could also help your situation. I do think it is quite common that we people using priceline do just "show-up" with children. Priceline never asks about the number of people you are bidding for-they just guarantee your room will sleep 2!
This hotel has a wonderful pool area that I'm sure your children will enjoy.

Mel --

First of all ... Welcome to DIS! Too bad you didn't find us earlier :(. Most hotels in the US do not allow more than 4 people (adults or children) in a room. There are other options for larger families or parties traveling together, but you're pretty much stuck with your priceline bid now.

I personally think you will be very cramped with 6 people crammed into 1 hotel room with a single bathroom! You have a couple of options. The first is to try to fit everyone in the room. Stop at a local discount store (K-Mart or Wal*Mart) and buy a sleeping bag or two for the kids. If one child will fit in a crib, then that's even better. Do not expect a fold out couch. I did not have one in my room with double beds. The second option is to bid again on Priceline for a second room and hope that the MOWC comes up. This option has the risk of getting a different hotel and your party will be split up. The 3rd option would be to sell this reservation on ebay and book something else more comfortable.

You are coming from a long way and spending a lot of money to get here. Why be uncomfortable once you're here?

Mel,

If I understood your post correctly, you did book two rooms, didn't you? If you call ahead as AWW suggested, you'll probably have plenty of room and do just fine.

Have a great trip!

sbclifton,

You're right! Mel did book 2 rooms! *sigh* I guess I was reading too fast again ;).

Mel ... you'll be fine! Just request a double (or 2) in advance. I stayed in the North tower which has a Disney view. Request a high floor and you'll be able to see the fireworks at Epcot and the MK.

You will have a fantastic holiday!

Thanks everyone, I phoned Marriott central reservations, and they accepted all my requests without a problem!

Mel - as already stated, I don't think you will have a problem requesting rooms with 2 doubles. We stayed there last year and did this.

Be sure to join the Marriott Rewards program, it is free and you can join at their website, www.marriott.com When I checked in last year I requested a pool-side room, the girl behind the desk said because of the rate we paid ($45/nt), she really could not give us a premium view. I said, ok fine, then I remembered my Rewards card and showed this to her. She asked why I didn't show this earlier and said she could give me a pool-side room now. We had a pool-side room on the first floor... it was great! We could just walk outside the sliding glass doors and right over to the pool, it was very convenient with the kids! You will love this hotel, it is very big and the pool area is wonderful, be sure to take time to enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter