• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Priceline Name your own price??

babesboo99

Veteren Disney Vacationer
I was looking to rent a car and I was wondering if anyone used name your own price on priceline.com whether it was a mini van or economy ? How was it any problems went smoothly etc?

Have used Prceline numerous times at MCO & JFK and have always been very satisfied. ONLY drawback is that you may not cancel as you pay upfront.

Since you cannot cancel, I recommend submitting a low-ball bid. Saving $5 per day is not enough to compensate for the risk of not being able to cancel if plans change for whatever reason. I've tried PL often, but have never found the prices low enough to compel me to take the bait.

I've found it a lot easier to use Priceline for car rentals than going directly to the agencies. I also had more success getting better rates through them than the rental agencies as well.

I have used Priceline name your own price several times. Three times for a minivan and once for a mid size suv. Each time I got a lower price than I was able to get from the individual companies. The downside is that you can't cancel. The upside is that there are no fees for returning a car late (meaning a couple of hours). We were told by Budget since the rental was pre paid they couldn't charge us any more. We were only an hour past the original drop off time.

We have also been looking at using Priceline for a car rental. I've never used it before, but I'm curious. We are going down in March. What if we are delayed by however long (few hours/a day)? Do they hold a car for you where you have already paid for it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter