• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Priceline Express Deals

Checking Hotwire for October deals and this appears to be the Cabins at Fort Wilderness. When I select room type, it even says "Room (Wilderness)". The price after taxes and fees is $2284, compared to Disney's rate of $3263, so the savings is pretty significant. I also see what I believe is Caribbean Beach since one of the room types is Pirate. Can anyone help confirm one or both as accurate? Thanks!
From your captures and the prices shown, plus those descriptions you noticed for room types, I'm going to guess you've got them correct - but for a more definitive answer you should share the guest ratings of each resort. Normally, Just the star rating alone really doesn't allow us to guess since there are 8 3.5-star resorts in Bonnet Creek.

If the first one that you think is Cabins was a 3.5-star 4.5-guest rated resort- the only other resort with that combination is Bay Lake Towers, so *very* likely is a deal for the Cabins.

If the 2nd one you think is CBR is a 3.5-star 4.0-guest, then has to be CBR as it is the only resort with those ratings in BC.

Last edited:
From your captures and the prices shown, plus those descriptions you noticed for room types, I'm going to guess you've got them correct - but for a more definitive answer you should share the guest ratings of each resort. Normally, Just the star rating alone really doesn't allow us to guess since there are 8 3.5-star resorts in Bonnet Creek.

If the first one that you think is Cabins was a 3.5-star 4.5-guest rated resort- the only other resort with that combination is Bay Lake Towers, so *very* likely is a deal for the Cabins.

If the 2nd one you think is CBR is a 3.5-star 4.0-guest, then has to be CBR as it is the only resort with those ratings in BC.

View attachment 564064

Sorry about that! Yes, the guest rating for the resort I believe to be Cabins is 4.5, and the resort I think is CBR is 4. Funny, it shows those room types I mentioned on the app but not through a desktop.

Sorry about that! Yes, the guest rating for the resort I believe to be Cabins is 4.5, and the resort I think is CBR is 4. Funny, it shows those room types I mentioned on the app but not through a desktop.
Yes, they give away a lot more info in the app - sometimes give the resort away as you noticed with the room type. Plus the deals there will usually be a few dollars cheaper, and some deals will only show up there.

FWIW: If you use Samsung Pay and click through that to the Hotwire app on a mobile device, you can often get another 4% cash back (or whatever the current deal is) stacked on top of the HotRate discounts.

I just changed my dates to the end of May, so naturally I'm looking at what deals I can get on Priceline for my stay. I am seeing Wilderness Lodge, but I'm unsure how that could be since It doesn't open until June. Is this just a mistake, because they have both an opaque and regular deal for it at a very good price.

Also, I'm eyeing an Express Deal for CBR on 5/26-6/02. If for some reason I were to get a king room instead of two queens through the deal, is there any way to change that? It'll be my family of four traveling, so we'd definitely need two queens. I figure the chances that we'd get a king are slim since there aren't nearly as many of those as standard two queens, but I'm a little nervous to pull the trigger.

So French Quarter is showing up for my dates. I'm not interested in that this trip, but I find it very interesting that it's showing up.

I also missed out on a blind CBR booking for $115 a night. I was hesitant and went back to book it and it was gone. Pretty bummed about that!

Ugh, just missed the GF for my early May dates! Actually received a charge alert from Chase and PayPal, but Priceline instantly refunded. Is it normal to get kicked out on the last step of booking?

I just changed my dates to the end of May, so naturally I'm looking at what deals I can get on Priceline for my stay. I am seeing Wilderness Lodge, but I'm unsure how that could be since It doesn't open until June. Is this just a mistake, because they have both an opaque and regular deal for it at a very good price.
I am seeing that too as a likely opaque deal but am way too hesitant to book.

Priceline Express LOVES to put un-real deals out there - we saw WL deals a few months ago too and tried booking one as a test - it let the booking go through then was cancelled after.

Priceline Express LOVES to put un-real deals out there - we saw WL deals a few months ago too and tried booking one as a test - it let the booking go through then was cancelled after.
Thanks for letting us know! I thought about attempting to book, but didn’t want to tie up my credit card when it is unlikely to be a real booking.

I also missed out on a blind CBR booking for $115 a night. I was hesitant and went back to book it and it was gone. Pretty bummed about that!
Careful with that one: I have not seen ANY CBR deals lower than the $190s and most in the $200s.
Coronado has consistently been the lowest Disney 3.5-star resort and that at best has been $150.

CBR is a 3.5-star 4.0-guest resort on Hotwire.
Silver Lake is a 3.5-star 4.4-guest resort and has had some low $100s deals.

There have also been a couple of deals that keep showing up for a 3-star and a 3.5-star resort with no guest ratings on them - the trick to identifying those is to compare the crossed out price on the hidden deal to a non-hidden one if you scroll down the results, plus those non-Disney hidden deals tend to show the number of reviews, which is a dead giveaway when you compare them to the non-hidden deals.

Careful with that one: I have not seen ANY CBR deals lower than the $190s and most in the $200s.
Coronado has consistently been the lowest Disney 3.5-star resort and that at best has been $150.

There have also been a couple of deals that keep showing up for a 3-star and a 3.5-star resort with no guest ratings on them - the trick to identifying those is to compare the crossed out price on the hidden deal to a non-hidden one if you scroll down the results, plus those non-Disney hidden deals tend to show the number of reviews, which is a dead giveaway when you compare them to the non-hidden deals.
I saw a PL express deal for my May dates for what I'm almost 99% certain is CBR for $119, but it's gone now.

Is this what you were seeing? I see it for early June. Debating on trying to jump on it.

Last edited:
I just checked Club1hotels as they have access to the same Priceline/Hotwire inventory and they have Boulder Ridge Studio for your dates at $269/night including tax. Is that the price you are seeing for WL?
View attachment 564442
No, the price I'm seeing is even cheaper than that - $203/night. And the room view choices are standard and courtyard, so I'm pretty sure it's WL and probably isn't a real deal.

I'm positive it was CBR. I've been watching deals for quite a while. It was very short lived - less than an hour. The amenities lined up perfectly with the opaque booking. There were some weird listings this morning. I tried to book the standard view for $115, but then they also had a preferred view listed for a few dollars more, than a King room listed for a bit more than that, and on down the list. Priceline also had some opaque listings at a lower price that were non-refundable. I wish I would have taken some screen shots.

Edit - this is for Saratoga Springs. Priceline had the same thing for Pop Century, ASMovies, and CBR this morning.

I'm positive it was CBR. I've been watching deals for quite a while. It was very short lived - less than an hour. The amenities lined up perfectly with the opaque booking. There were some weird listings this morning. I tried to book the standard view for $115, but then they also had a preferred view listed for a few dollars more, than a King room listed for a bit more than that, and on down the list. Priceline also had some opaque listings at a lower price that were non-refundable. I wish I would have taken some screen shots.

Edit - this is for Saratoga Springs. Priceline had the same thing for Pop Century, ASMovies, and CBR this morning.
Huh, Interesting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter