Priceline Express Deals

I have a WWYD/is this even possible question?

Currently booked at ASMo through Disney direct at a rate of $172/night February 21-26. Priceline has ASMo listed for $145/night in an open listing for February 24-26.
First, can I cancel the end part of the reservation and replace it with the Priceline reservation without penalty?
Second, is it worth the hassle? Would you do it?

Thanks for any input helping the most indecisive person ever!
Is there availability for 2/21-2/24? If so, you can book that, and then book the Priceline for 2/24-2/26.

However, you do run the risk of possibly having to move rooms because the hotel will see it as two separate reservations. You can mitigate that risk by putting a note on your reservation, and reiterating that when you check in.

I don’t think you will find the difference to be worth it. The primary reason is that your reservation spans 5 nights, Friday-Tuesday. The $172 is an average of the higher-priced nights (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) and the lower priced nights (Monday and Tuesday). If you drop the Monday and Tuesday from your current reservation, your remaining nights will most certainly be more than $172 each. I don’t think the deal you found will save much, if anything.

I have a WWYD/is this even possible question?

Currently booked at ASMo through Disney direct at a rate of $172/night February 21-26. Priceline has ASMo listed for $145/night in an open listing for February 24-26.
First, can I cancel the end part of the reservation and replace it with the Priceline reservation without penalty?
Second, is it worth the hassle? Would you do it?

Thanks for any input helping the most indecisive person ever!
Apologies for the direct answer...Don’t do it.

Is there availability for 2/21-2/24? If so, you can book that, and then book the Priceline for 2/24-2/26.

However, you do run the risk of possibly having to move rooms because the hotel will see it as two separate reservations. You can mitigate that risk by putting a note on your reservation, and reiterating that when you check in.

I don’t think you will find the difference to be worth it. The primary reason is that your reservation spans 5 nights, Friday-Tuesday. The $172 is an average of the higher-priced nights (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) and the lower priced nights (Monday and Tuesday). If you drop the Monday and Tuesday from your current reservation, your remaining nights will most certainly be more than $172 each. I don’t think the deal you found will save much, if anything.
Apologies for the direct answer...Don’t do it.
Thank you both! I’m just going to stick with what I got. I just need to force myself to stop stalking since I’m 3 days away lol

Is that $145/night with taxes and fees? Sometimes if you go all the way through you’ll see it really isn’t a great deal.

Disney’s reservation system is kind of weird. You can’t always just take days off of a reservation. Usually you have to cancel and book a new reservation for those dates. You could always try calling disney and see if you’re able to take the other days off your reservation.

The first thing I would do is check if the $145/night includes taxes and fees. If that’s the real price, call disney and ask if it’s possible to remove those nights off your reservation.
Thanks! I think I’m going to pass and make myself stop checking constantly:)

Thank you both! I’m just going to stick with what I got. I just need to force myself to stop stalking since I’m 3 days away lol
Yeah, I think at this point, you're kind of done, unless you have a split stay and the second part is still in the no-penalty cancellation window. But probably best to just focus on what you have.

I know first hand that it's soooo hard to stop looking! My return flight is booked on another airline and not refundable or changeable, but I can't help but keep checking the price of the Southwest flight I originally wanted. I just can't tear myself away from wanting to know if the fare is going to keep going up or if it's going to come back down at some point. And it's ridiculous because I can't book it anyway, but I just have to know.

Ok need my Priceline Express fam to help me ID these deals. 3/6-3/9 in Bonnet Creek on the app I see 3 that look like Disney. One is AKL since I have booked there before. The other 2 are:
3.5 Star - Restaurant, Internet, Pool
8.0 Rating 300 Reviews
$238 save 34%
Caribbean Beach?

4.5 Star - Pool, Biz Center, Restaurant, No Smoking
9.0 Rating 70 Reviews
Bed choice: King or 2 Queens $507
2 Queens $547
I’m stumped here. Could be Yacht club?
I think the only 4.5 star resorts in this area are Swan and Grand Floridian. That looks like the Grand to me.

Ok need my Priceline Express fam to help me ID these deals. 3/6-3/9 in Bonnet Creek on the app I see 3 that look like Disney. One is AKL since I have booked there before. The other 2 are:
3.5 Star - Restaurant, Internet, Pool
8.0 Rating 300 Reviews
$238 save 34%
Caribbean Beach?

4.5 Star - Pool, Biz Center, Restaurant, No Smoking
9.0 Rating 70 Reviews
Bed choice: King or 2 Queens $507
2 Queens $547
I’m stumped here. Could be Yacht club?
It's the Grand. I've booked there before and get the popup

Doesn’t quite fit my plans so I’ll let y’all in on this find....

Hotwire All Star Movies. Checkin March 9. 2 nights or 3 nights....

$69

Go get this deal!
Dang I won’t be there then. I could use something for 3/5-3/6. Not sure if there is anything

Doesn’t quite fit my plans so I’ll let y’all in on this find....

Hotwire All Star Movies. Checkin March 9. 2 nights or 3 nights....

$69

Go get this deal!

Man, I see this, and boy do wish I had an AP, a more flexible job, and lived within driving distance! I get sucked into this thread by the amazing deals on the dates I can't have!

Yeah, I think at this point, you're kind of done, unless you have a split stay and the second part is still in the no-penalty cancellation window. But probably best to just focus on what you have.

I know first hand that it's soooo hard to stop looking! My return flight is booked on another airline and not refundable or changeable, but I can't help but keep checking the price of the Southwest flight I originally wanted. I just can't tear myself away from wanting to know if the fare is going to keep going up or if it's going to come back down at some point. And it's ridiculous because I can't book it anyway, but I just have to know.
I just rediscovered the goodness of Southwest. But the flexibility has not been good for my mental health. "Oh look. I have a flight into MCO, but now TPA is $50 cheaper. But then I can't do Magical Express. One way rental car. Extra hour. But it get in late afternoon, and my MCO flight doesn't get in till 7 pm." And on. And on. And on.

Does anyone know if there's a Disneyland Priceline Express Deals thread? I searched the DL board but did not find one. If not, have any of the Priceline Express Deal gurus here had any luck getting onsite hotels at DL using Express Deals?

Thanks!
I have never seen a DLR resort on a blind bid, but have found many of the S. Harbor hotels. For DLR I do the same as for WDW - look at the stars, reviews and amenities. I then sort by distance to DLR and it is pretty easy to figure out from there. This past Nov. I ended up booking through HW because it had better deals than PLE and it was very easy to figure them out. I got 4 nights at The Anaheim for $363.33 total - we love The Anaheim and had stayed there before. I also went through Retail Me Not and got cashback. We never stay on property (but would if I could find an express/hot deal), always on S Harbor - walking distance and you can't beat the prices! If you have specific dates I can take a look for you.

I have never seen a DLR resort on a blind bid, but have found many of the S. Harbor hotels. For DLR I do the same as for WDW - look at the stars, reviews and amenities. I then sort by distance to DLR and it is pretty easy to figure out from there. This past Nov. I ended up booking through HW because it had better deals than PLE and it was very easy to figure them out. I got 4 nights at The Anaheim for $363.33 total - we love The Anaheim and had stayed there before. I also went through Retail Me Not and got cashback. We never stay on property (but would if I could find an express/hot deal), always on S Harbor - walking distance and you can't beat the prices! If you have specific dates I can take a look for you.

Thanks for the offer, but I think our cancellation day was today. We are staying this weekend 22nd to 25th and got the Hilton Anaheim direct for roughly $135/night all in. We have status so should get us breakfast as well. Seems a decent price.

I really was hoping for Grand Californian but couldn't justify the $525+tax pricetag when we'd be in the park most of the day.

Can you help me ID this deal? Hotwire Aug. 23-29

3 star- 4.0/5 Very Good
Complimentary
Free internet
Amenities
Airport shuttle Golf nearbyPool(s)ResortRestaurant(s)
Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park 1.3 miles Epcot® 2.8 miles Walt Disney World® Resort 3.1 miles Disney's Hollywood Studios® 1.4 mile

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter