Price of gas impacting rideshares

MrsNick

<font color=darkorchid>sometimes out of desperatio
I’m not a rideshare driver but a user. I’m ok with paying the surcharge. My hope is the inflation will drive companies like Uber and Lyft to offer pooling once again which I used all the time. I know with the transportation requirement for masks that’s tricky, but I’m hoping it will return. Eventually?! It was a big $ savings and can use pre tax transit benefits with it.

Also public transportation is down in users roughly 50% in, for example, NYC which is a major contributing factor to seriously increased subway crime and homeless people on trains all day. Hoping this leads more people back to public transportation which will increase safety. Since the pandemic - - traffic has been INSANE with everyone in a “single serve” car all of a sudden.

Also hoping we can advance electric car usage/innovations/inventions as this tug of war about gas has gone on my entire lifetime and frankly I’m so over hearing about it. We are such an innovative country. There’s gotta be a better way. We don’t use rotary phones and switchboards anymore. Tons of people stopped smoking cigarettes. We don’t listen to music on Victrolas. We just can’t seem to let gas go. It’s one thing if it’s needed for industry use. I understand exceptions need to be made for long haul driving or for long car trips. But, I see people in the next town over drive less than 10 miles a day in gas guzzling cars just plodding around from their house to a grocery store and that’s it. It’s just crazy to me.

It’s like we are all still taking on Motorola brick phones and complaining about the poor connection every 4-8 years and we are even in shock, clutching our pearls like we can’t believe it! then when the pain is over we forget about it. Instead of funding innovation that results in the iPhone. Of course it’s never ending and always something different causes it. Just look at all the past history of gas crisis. Gotta do it differently.

that’s my 2 cents rant. Lol

The media moved on to something else, thus oil dropped. But hey, I'm all for going green, but there has to be a balanced approach.

The media doesn't have any influence on the price of gas.
Sure it does. How many people moved investments into oil speculating that the price was going to keep going up based on what they heard in the media? It also affects discretionary demand. I've seen quite a few people changing plans either currently or in the future because they thought gas prices were going to be above a certain point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter