Price of a connecting room at Candy Cane Inn....

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
Does anyone know? I'm getting ideas for a summer 2024 trip. I know prices are subject to change at anytime, and that prices may vary throughout the year.

Looks like between $315-$385 per room depending on your room type. I've considered getting connecting rooms there but they say can't guarantee it. (Most places won't, but just something to keep in mind.)

We got connecting rooms there no prob, just booked well in advance. This was before the refurb though, maybe they have less now?

Because hotels try to maximize income and minimize orphan rooms, almost none (I have actually never heard of any) will guarantee connecting rooms. They simply don’t block into specific rooms when booked a la a cruise ship.

Are there agents who will say “Oh yes, we will guarantee that”? Of course - and if a supervisor happens to be listening in on that call, they will almost certainly be talked to about NOT guaranteeing that.

If connecting rooms are a non-negotiable, you will need to look into suites - because while hotels do try their best to grant requests, sometimes they just can’t.

We got connecting rooms there no prob, just booked well in advance. This was before the refurb though, maybe they have less now?
Do you remember how much it cost for both rooms a night? I'm SURE the prices are higher, just want to get an idea. Thanks.

Maybe 250 per room per night? We didn't ask for connecting rooms, just booked 3 and they were all in a row, two connecting.

Thanks for the responses so far. I'm just wondering if Candy Cane Inn gives a deal if you book a connecting room. For example, if a room is $250, and you book a connecting room, do they charge you $500 a night or give a discount? Hopefully a discount of some type because $500 a night for that hotel is pretty high.

Thanks for the responses so far. I'm just wondering if Candy Cane Inn gives a deal if you book a connecting room. For example, if a room is $250, and you book a connecting room, do they charge you $500 a night or give a discount? Hopefully a discount of some type because $500 a night for that hotel is pretty high.
Connecting rooms are still standalone rooms that can be booked separately, so there isn't really any reason a hotel would offer discounts. There is not incentive to do so as they'd be losing money and couldn't guarantee connecting rooms. The possibility of being able to accommodate a connecting room request wouldn't affect the number of rooms booked. You'd be booking two rooms, with the hope/request that at time of check-in they be connecting.

Connecting rooms are still standalone rooms that can be booked separately, so there isn't really any reason a hotel would offer discounts. There is not incentive to do so as they'd be losing money and couldn't guarantee connecting rooms. The possibility of being able to accommodate a connecting room request wouldn't affect the number of rooms booked. You'd be booking two rooms, with the hope/request that at time of check-in they be connecting.
That's good to know. I guess I was hoping Candy Cane Inn would do the same as Desert Inn and Suites, (where I stayed last week) where I booked a 2 bedroom suite for not much more than a standard room. All the suite is are two standard rooms next to each other with a door in between.

That's good to know. I guess I was hoping Candy Cane Inn would do the same as Desert Inn and Suites, (where I stayed last week) where I booked a 2 bedroom suite for not much more than a standard room. All the suite is are two standard rooms next to each other with a door in between.
But they are booking it as a suite instead of 2 rooms. Maybe CCI also has suites you can look into.

Suites usually are a little more than two standard rooms next to each other - they usually include sitting areas, maybe a table and chairs, etc.

Bottom line is the only way to know for sure if Candy Cane Inn can book and guarantee connecting rooms AND if they offer a discount for those is to call them and ask them.

Are you looking for a connecting room because you have 8 people and need 2 bathrooms? Desert Palms (right around the corner from candy cane) has a room with 4 queen beds and 2 bathrooms. It also includes a hot breakfast.

Camelot inn has a large room with two queens in one room, a king and a sofa sleeper in another room. Only one bathroom though.

Hope that helps!

Are you looking for a connecting room because you have 8 people and need 2 bathrooms? Desert Palms (right around the corner from candy cane) has a room with 4 queen beds and 2 bathrooms. It also includes a hot breakfast.

Camelot inn has a large room with two queens in one room, a king and a sofa sleeper in another room. Only one bathroom though.

Hope that helps!
6 people. I want the others to have their own bathroom. I checked out Camelot , and none of the suites have two bedrooms. If I'm mistaking, please let me know. I've heard about Desert Palms, we would just prefer a place closest to the parks as possible.

6 people. I want the others to have their own bathroom. I checked out Camelot , and none of the suites have two bedrooms. If I'm mistaking, please let me know. I've heard about Desert Palms, we would just prefer a place closest to the parks as possible.
Correct. The Camelot suite only has one bathroom.

Desert palms is maybe a two minute further walk to the parks. Here is a map:

Attachments

• F3202404-D5AA-472B-865D-DAD0FAC6B9EE.png
    F3202404-D5AA-472B-865D-DAD0FAC6B9EE.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 4
We were thinking about Candy Canee Inn since they have their own shuttle.
On demand? Or on a schedule. Something to consider - on a schedule you might have to sign up and may not get the time you want; on demand you have to wait for them to get to you - and they may be just starting another on demand.

Just something to consider. Shuttles are not always the great things they purport to be. Just depends on circumstances about the shuttle.

I would, as a PP suggested, just CALL Candy Cane Inn and ask them all your questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter