Price increase on MagicBands for resort guests

nospamcoupons

Earning My Ears
I saw that the retail price of MagicBands went up yesterday, but just noticed that all of the available pre-arrival MagicBands for my upcoming resort stay are now more expensive as well. The solid colors are $10 instead of $5.

On the plus side, I had one party member's choice already saved – that person's band is still showing the $5 price. Each new choice for other guests is $10, however. If you have a trip soon and had any bands already selected for part of your group, you may want to see if the price is still locked in.

After reading your post I went to check mine. We had selected MBs for everyone in our party but hadn't checked out yet. The ones we had selected still showed the lower price. So I decided to checkout, and when I got to the payment page they had all jumped up to the higher price. So be warned even if it is showing the lower price on one you previous selected you will still have to pay the higher price.

So I decided to checkout, and when I got to the payment page they had all jumped up to the higher price. So be warned even if it is showing the lower price on one you previous selected you will still have to pay the higher price.

Thanks for the update! At least that tells me there is no need to be in a great rush to check out now. 😐

Good reason to keep using your older bands. There are 2 functions and only 1 requires the battery. For places where you touch the band to activate something, you can use that even after the battery dies.

What can’t you use them for after the battery dies? Ours are older. Hoping to not have to get 5 new bands before we go.

This reminds me, I have to check to see whose magic bands I have in the family... hopefully the ones going!

I'm expecting ticket prices to increase soon. A new policy starts tomorrow where Mickey and Pluto will enter each Villa that has a couch and check under the cushions for spare change.
..and there is a $59.99 per person charge to reserve an adjacent couch...but it comes with your favorite sweet and savory snacks! Mickey and Pluto's Not So Creepy Couch Party...reserve today!

we have over 25 magic bands.. our MY Experience page found the ones that are still "alive" yesterday AM hubby was going to get new ones at the cost of $5 each and then in the afternoon I was going to order them and whammo 10 dollars each.. I know its not a big deal.. but .. they should of warned people.. havent been on the Dis for many years.. and I enjoy being back here.. I was Pumba with one A.. hahah..

we have over 25 magic bands.. our MY Experience page found the ones that are still "alive" yesterday AM hubby was going to get new ones at the cost of $5 each and then in the afternoon I was going to order them and whammo 10 dollars each.. I know its not a big deal.. but .. they should of warned people.. havent been on the Dis for many years.. and I enjoy being back here.. I was Pumba with one A.. hahah..

How can you tell which are alive from the page?

How can you tell which are alive from the page?

If you go into MDE and go to My MagicBands and Cards (on the website), there should be a place to click on for each person in your MDE account. Then you will see a list of each ticket and Magic Band for that person.

I'm too lazy to look, but if it's "alive," I think there is something you can click underneath it which says "deactivate."

If it's not "alive," I think there is something you can click underneath it which says "activate."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter