• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Price difference - need help to book

pepples22

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I have been looking since I got back in May for a flydrive to Florida, I am really keen to book again. But the prices have almost grown over 900 pounds since booking last with Virgin. I understand with taxes it goes up but this is a lot to try and find.

Has anyone else experience this?

I do not need accommondation, but ideally would like to book for May next year, any suggestions?

My dates were think 21st May - to around 8th June, they are very flexible dates.

Any advice would be great.

No idea where VH are getting their prices from or why anyone would pay their prices.
Just checked your dates £1647.10 for 2 adults before adding car, works out at £823.55pp for an economy flight:scared1:
Is there a reason you are doing Flydrive rather than buying your flights and car yourself? maybe you want deposit only and pay next year? if you can pay upfront for flights you will save quite a bit of money.
Your dates are not out yet(another few days) but they should be available Miles and Money(I assume you have miles from your past trip) for £571.90 +2,000 miles. They would save you £503.30 for 2 adults compared to flydrive, plus you will probably get your car cheaper than VH can offer.
Flights are only available upto returning 3rd June so another 5 days before you can book the 8th.

1st week of June next year is school hols (and there are 2 bank hols) so that will be pushing prices up.

If you can go slightly earlier and avoid kids hols it should be cheaper.

If you can hold out there are usually some good prices for May - cosmos (monarch) had some great last minute deals this year.

No idea where VH are getting their prices from or why anyone would pay their prices.
Just checked your dates £1647.10 for 2 adults before adding car, works out at £823.55pp for an economy flight:scared1:
Is there a reason you are doing Flydrive rather than buying your flights and car yourself? maybe you want deposit only and pay next year? if you can pay upfront for flights you will save quite a bit of money.
Your dates are not out yet(another few days) but they should be available Miles and Money(I assume you have miles from your past trip) for £571.90 +2,000 miles. They would save you £503.30 for 2 adults compared to flydrive, plus you will probably get your car cheaper than VH can offer.
Flights are only available upto returning 3rd June so another 5 days before you can book the 8th.

Thank you Wayne, that is what I was thinking, I have always done a package through one company, but I feel that I might try to do it DIY rather than completely through Virgin or a company like that.

1st week of June next year is school hols (and there are 2 bank hols) so that will be pushing prices up.

If you can go slightly earlier and avoid kids hols it should be cheaper.

If you can hold out there are usually some good prices for May - cosmos (monarch) had some great last minute deals this year.

Its the only times I can get off of work due to others getting first. I think I will hold out for better prices. Thank you for the advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter