Preview Incentives

ookitarepanda

Earning My Ears
[Obligatory "Sorry I couldn't find this in search so here's my thread"]

I'll be at WDW in February and I'm looking to schedule a preview. I've been on my DVC research kick for about a month now, and I have yet to commit to my first purchase. Mostly exploring resale contracts, but figured it could be fun to do some sort of DVC preview... Anyway, I already submitted a request through the disneyworld site and waiting to talk to someone to schedule.

Does anyone know if there's generally a standard incentive for doing these previews? A colleague of mine got a $150 gift card and 3 fastpasses.

I believe its just the fastpasses now but I could be wrong. I think they got rid of the gift card incentive a few months ago, but again not positive about that.

Gift cards are irregular and depends on what is currently budgeted. Have not been lately.

Gift cards can also vary in price depending on which resort you are staying at. Deluxe gets more than moderate, which gets more than value.

My daughter got a $75 gift card in October, and we were offered it for my friend in December.

We were also given 4 FPs for everyone. Since I was a DVC member, I didn’t get the gift card, but the others did just for going.

I was offered 2 $75 gift cards by a cast member to schedule a preview. One for my wife and one for me to do a preview. Sadly we didn't find out about it until the last day and we were already packed and ready to go. This was January 13th. He asked about where we were staying and it was at a deluxe.

[Obligatory "Sorry I couldn't find this in search so here's my thread"]

I'll be at WDW in February and I'm looking to schedule a preview. I've been on my DVC research kick for about a month now, and I have yet to commit to my first purchase. Mostly exploring resale contracts, but figured it could be fun to do some sort of DVC preview... Anyway, I already submitted a request through the disneyworld site and waiting to talk to someone to schedule.

Does anyone know if there's generally a standard incentive for doing these previews? A colleague of mine got a $150 gift card and 3 fastpasses.

We got 2 $75 gift cards and 3 FP's on our tour in Nov 2019. We were staying at the Polynesian (rented points) and just walked up to the DVC desk in the lobby, we didn't preschedule prior to our trip. Tour took about 2 hours give or take and then we got a ride to AK park afterward (from the preview location at WL.

It's sounding like I should not schedule the preview so much as find a DVC desk and schedule something. I imagine they would feel like they already have me in the door, so to speak, if I schedule one ahead of time.

It's sounding like I should not schedule the preview so much as find a DVC desk and schedule something. I imagine they would feel like they already have me in the door, so to speak, if I schedule one ahead of time.
I would do it that way. DVC kiosks are everywhere when you look. They are all over the parks and at all resorts, even ones that all DVC. Just walk up and schedule at date and time.

Sorry if it’s been asked and answered, but do current members get anything right now for going on a Riviera tour even FPs? I’m asking because a lot of people are going with some non-members. I am wondering if it is only DH and myself without any non-members.

Sorry if it’s been asked and answered, but do current members get anything right now for going on a Riviera tour even FPs? I’m asking because a lot of people are going with some non-members. I am wondering if it is only DH and myself without any non-members.

I don’t believe members receive anything. The FPs that I got were only because I was part of my daughters traveling party, who was the non member.

We went this pass December. We are already members we got 4 fast passes each. After we decided to buy we went back and got even more fp another 4. The first set we got for touring only the second set was after we signed. I think it depends on the guide you get. I didn’t get our assigned guide for our membership. The guide we bought our contract from was very liberal in giving us fast passes. My guide I’ve bought multiple contracts from is stringent even with fast passes! The next time we head back to wdw the guide told me (the one when we added on riviera) told me we can get more fp just shoot her an email and she’s not even my assigned guide.

We went this pass December. We are already members we got 4 fast passes each. After we decided to buy we went back and got even more fp another 4. The first set we got for touring only the second set was after we signed. I think it depends on the guide you get. I didn’t get our assigned guide for our membership. The guide we bought our contract from was very liberal in giving us fast passes. My guide I’ve bought multiple contracts from is stringent even with fast passes! The next time we head back to wdw the guide told me (the one when we added on riviera) told me we can get more fp just shoot her an email and she’s not even my assigned guide.

Your RIV sales person sounds so much better than the guide we were assigned. He was nice enough at the tour obviously and even for a time after we got home but has since pretty much quit anwering my questions. I have tried other guides thru chat and they seem very reluctant to answer anything without a phone call which I'd rather not do. Our questions are pretty basic as we compare direct vs resale so I am not sure what the big secrets are, resale websites we have conversed with have been much more open and forthcoming than DVC direct. We prefer to buy direct for our first purchase or else I would have moved on from them a long time ago. Still haven't purchased. If they are this unresponsive before the sale we are concerned with how the customer service will be after it.

Your RIV sales person sounds so much better than the guide we were assigned. He was nice enough at the tour obviously and even for a time after we got home but has since pretty much quit anwering my questions. I have tried other guides thru chat and they seem very reluctant to answer anything without a phone call which I'd rather not do. Our questions are pretty basic as we compare direct vs resale so I am not sure what the big secrets are, resale websites we have conversed with have been much more open and forthcoming than DVC direct. We prefer to buy direct for our first purchase or else I would have moved on from them a long time ago. Still haven't purchased. If they are this unresponsive before the sale we are concerned with how the customer service will be after it.

There are a lot of things they aren’t allowed to talk about except by phone call or in person. My guide is pretty hands off (in a good way), and even she told me she had to discuss specifics on the phone.

We just did a tour the last weekend. We were also told that the gift certificates depend of where (& what level) you are staying at. Because we were not staying at a Disney property--we were at the Dolphin--we didn't qualify for a gift certificate. We did get 4 anytime fastpasses each that could be used over the next 3 days. We ended up buying by phone once we got home.

We just walked up to the kiosk/model at the Boardwalk and they were able to schedule a van to pick us up within 20 minutes.

I liked our guide. He also seemed to want to do everything but very basic things by phone. I think this is policy that they are supposed to do things by phone rather than email if it's at all complicated?

Do you feel they are being unresponsive in general? Or just that they prefer to do it by phone rather than email? Sorry you feel that you are getting the runaround! I was also very upfront that we were considering buying resale, although we ultimately decided to buy direct for our first purchase.

The guide that was assigned to us when we purchased on the phone pretty much is that way like your guide. I did my own research and he didn’t answer many of my questions. He did however tell me to purchase my grand cal contract via resale. The guide I had when I added on at wdw was much better in terms of giving out fast passes. The guide that is assigned to my membership I feel like he’s a cheapskate... lol. I’m not asking for a gift card he was so stringent on giving me fast passes when I had bought (first contract and two more times all over the phone) my contracts with him. I only managed to squeeze out 3 fp from him for 3 contracts I purchased. The add on guide I had at wdw which isn’t even my guide actually gave my family 8 fp in total and she said to email her when we go back in March for another 4 more fp.

I liked our guide. He also seemed to want to do everything but very basic things by phone. I think this is policy that they are supposed to do things by phone rather than email if it's at all complicated?

Do you feel they are being unresponsive in general? Or just that they prefer to do it by phone rather than email? Sorry you feel that you are getting the runaround! I was also very upfront that we were considering buying resale, although we ultimately decided to buy direct for our first purchase.

It feels to me that since we toured in November and still have not bought in he feels we are wasting his time. What we are asking to have answered is very basic. Things like total cost including fees,closing costs and if we split the points into 2 contracts would we pay double the closing costs .... things easily answered in an email. We aren't asking for any secret info or perks ... the resale companies tell you upfront how much your total contact is going to be .... maybe it is just their rules and I am sure they don't really care about the paltry # of points we are considering but they are making the decision much easier.

The guide that was assigned to us when we purchased on the phone pretty much is that way like your guide. I did my own research and he didn’t answer many of my questions. He did however tell me to purchase my grand cal contract via resale. The guide I had when I added on at wdw was much better in terms of giving out fast passes. The guide that is assigned to my membership I feel like he’s a cheapskate... lol. I’m not asking for a gift card he was so stringent on giving me fast passes when I had bought (first contract and two more times all over the phone) my contracts with him. I only managed to squeeze out 3 fp from him for 3 contracts I purchased. The add on guide I had at wdw which isn’t even my guide actually gave my family 8 fp in total and she said to email her when we go back in March for another 4 more fp.

Nice! I need the name of that guide! Every time I try to find a new one on the DVC chat I get the same guy ... lol either they are blowing smoke or this guy works 7/365.

I had asked
It feels to me that since we toured in November and still have not bought in he feels we are wasting his time. What we are asking to have answered is very basic. Things like total cost including fees,closing costs and if we split the points into 2 contracts would we pay double the closing costs .... things easily answered in an email. We aren't asking for any secret info or perks ... the resale companies tell you upfront how much your total contact is going to be .... maybe it is just their rules and I am sure they don't really care about the paltry # of points we are considering but they are making the decision much easier.
I had asked my guide those questions before on my first purchase over the phone. I had sent him an email. No response. I was told they don’t email those info out they had to talk to you over the phone. They have some restrictions I think. I also think it has something to do if any changes. Let’s say If the information he provided me is over a month old and outdated as things can change. I recall when I bought back in sept 2018 (first contract) I split my contract into 2 75 points contract, dvc only charged one processing fee (can’t recall the correct name for it) today if I were to split my contracts into smaller contracts it’s no longer one time fee i will get charged for each contract. I had purchased resale from a reputable resale company not fidelity and I have not had the best experience and actually had better experience from dvc sometimes. I think it’s hit or miss. The resale company I purchase from is one of the biggest in the market too. The agent is highly popular and highly recommended by resale folks but I thought he was just mediocre and nothing fantastic and some things he said I was very doubtful and felt he was not honest and tried to get me to offer more (felt lime he represents the seller more than being neutral) my offer was very strong and actually was higher than what average would. So I would be just as cautious if you are corresponding to resale agents. IMO both direct and resale folks are not that honest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter