Pressed pennies?

edhmom

DIS Veteran
What is the cost for pressed pennies? My daughter loves doing these, so I would love to be able to give her the exact money she needs.

FWIW, I believe there are five pressing machines throughout DL (not sure about DCA). There’s one in a back corner of a shop (Pieces of Eight?) near the Pirates exit. It always felt kind of hidden to me.

FWIW, I believe there are five pressing machines throughout DL (not sure about DCA). There’s one in a back corner of a shop (Pieces of Eight?) near the Pirates exit. It always felt kind of hidden to me.

You are a little off...

The go to website for Disneyland pressed coins is : https://www.parkpennies.com/

The list of current machines is here: https://www.parkpennies.com/penny-machine-locations.pdf

Not only do they have pennies, but they have quarters (requires 4 quarters. At WDW, you need 5 quarters.), nickels (requires 3 quarters and a nickle), and one dime machine (3 quarters and a dime). Depending on when you are going, there is a set of seasonal nickels for each park (so 6 coins in total) that are usually on stage the month of December.

Take change with you, in my experience it is very difficult to find a gift shop that will make change for you.

You are a little off...

The go to website for Disneyland pressed coins is : https://www.parkpennies.com/

The list of current machines is here: https://www.parkpennies.com/penny-machine-locations.pdf

Not only do they have pennies, but they have quarters (requires 4 quarters. At WDW, you need 5 quarters.), nickels (requires 3 quarters and a nickle), and one dime machine (3 quarters and a dime). Depending on when you are going, there is a set of seasonal nickels for each park (so 6 coins in total) that are usually on stage the month of December.

Pressed coins are the only Merch that I buy in Disneyland (helps afford the AP). I have never attempted to collect them all in one trip and I will be going soon so I had to do the math. I will attempted to get them all.

You can press 52 different coins. It will cost 31.30 for the whole set.

Pennies you will need 38 to be pressed. FYI Pre 1982 pennies press cleaner, they are solid copper. 1982 and newer pennies have zinc and leave streaks.
Nickles you will need 2 to be pressed.
Dimes you will need 2 to be pressed.
Quarters you will need 11 to be pressed and 118 quarters to feed the machines.

Have fun pressing and thanks for this thread.

I knew of the Quarter machines (I got one from Star Trader's last visit), but I had no idea about the nickel and dime machines! Goes to show you there is always something "new-to-you" to discover. :-)

Also note that there pressed nickel, dime and quarter machines. So it's good have a few shiny nickels, dimes, and quarters along with the pennies (there are some pretty good designs). I think the quarter machines usually cost between $0.75 and $1.00, plus the quarter you're pressing.

There are also seasonal designs, so it's good to check the machines each trip.

Fun tip I learned previously on the DIS that we put to good use when my kids were "in to" pressed pennies. We bought a couple of those little tubes of mini M&M's they have convenience stores (which the kids were happy to empty ;)) and then filled them with sets of coins all ready to go. So a big stack of 2 quarters, 1 penny, 2 quarters, 1 penny etc. This made sure the right coins were always available and the tubes are small enough to stick in a larger pocket or bag (though they can be heavy when they're full). Also easy to segregate nice clean pennies into the tube for the shiniest product.

Fun tip I learned previously on the DIS that we put to good use when my kids were "in to" pressed pennies. We bought a couple of those little tubes of mini M&M's they have convenience stores (which the kids were happy to empty ;)) and then filled them with sets of coins all ready to go. So a big stack of 2 quarters, 1 penny, 2 quarters, 1 penny etc. This made sure the right coins were always available and the tubes are small enough to stick in a larger pocket or bag (though they can be heavy when they're full). Also easy to segregate nice clean pennies into the tube for the shiniest product.
I've done the same with tall skinny Rx containers.
A word of caution. Pull them out of your bags when going through TSA. Place in the dish to go through the scanner.
The times I haven't, we've been pulled out for a more detailed search.

A word of caution. Pull them out of your bags when going through TSA. Place in the dish to go through the scanner.

I can second this. Better yet, I just stick them in my checked luggage, but keep some for the first day or so in my carry-on. I also just usually have ziplocs with change, from my hoarding, or rolls of quarters when I haven't been on the ball about hoarding quarters.

Rx containers, that's a good idea! The last time I was this planned was back in the days when I had film canisters and those were a good size.

Pressed coins are the only Merch that I buy in Disneyland (helps afford the AP). I have never attempted to collect them all in one trip and I will be going soon so I had to do the math. I will attempted to get them all.

You can press 52 different coins. It will cost 31.30 for the whole set.

Pennies you will need 38 to be pressed. FYI Pre 1982 pennies press cleaner, they are solid copper. 1982 and newer pennies have zinc and leave streaks.
Nickles you will need 2 to be pressed.
Dimes you will need 2 to be pressed.
Quarters you will need 11 to be pressed and 118 quarters to feed the machines.

Have fun pressing and thanks for this thread.

That's fantastic info! Thank you so much! Now it's time to start cleaning coins to make them shiny.

Rx containers, that's a good idea! The last time I was this planned was back in the days when I had film canisters and those were a good size.
We have also used the tubes from the Airborne effervescent tablets.

Yup. They thought I had a weapon. Had to empty my whole backpack.

I used to do the P-Q-Q-P-Q-Q (penny-quarter) stacking as noted above. However, I found enough non-penny machines that I started getting annoyed pawing through 3 stacks to get the 5 quarters I needed for each pressed quarter at Star Traders. So, now, one M&M tube is just quarters, and the other is many pennies with a few (8) dimes and nickels.

Perfect! M&M tubes it is! I'll put two tubes in my daughter's stocking, and the actual coins in her gift and explain they will go together after she eats the M&Ms.

Try to use pennies that have been minted no later than 1982. The earlier the better (1970, etc) because of the copper in the pennies. Clean the pennies, then stack them in the M&M candy tubes with quarters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter