Pressed Pennies?

Angeliamc

Mouseketeer
Hi!! We leave on Saturday :dogdance::dogdance: Soooo excited. I was wondering, do they have the pressed coin machines at US/IOA? :thanks:

They did when we were there about 1 1/2 yrs ago - can't imagine they got rid of them. I know there were a bunch in US in the main store when you first enter the park. We actually noticed them/started our collection back in the Simpsons area - Quik E Mart. They also had the books you can buy to store them in - maybe around $5?? Testing my memory on that one! I know we did buy them though!

Have a great trip!!

Oh definitely - they have machines all over starting in the garage area where you go through security! I believe they are in almost every store - the only places I can't recall seeing them are in the Harry Potter areas.

Soooo many machines! I've been collecting them for 5 years now, and I'm still missing some (BTW, the last time I bought a penny book there, they were closer to $10)

They had 4-6 machines in the area going from the parking garage to CityWalk (top of the escalators), some in all the big gift shops, and many out in the open. There's a Bubba Gump themed one just inside the Bubba Gump restaurant as well!

I use an empty M&M minis tube to hold change for pressing; a few of the big machines are sold as sets though, and will only take paper money as far as I recall. My youngest also got a pressed penny holder silicone bracelet in one of the shops.

I am glad they have tons, my son is 13 now, but that is still one of his favorite souvenir's. I forgot about the M&M container! I did that at Disney. Looks like my son is going to get some M&M's for a treat tonight! LOL. Thanks again, I am getting so excited!

Take a look at pennycollector.com and you can find a list of penny press locations. Not sure how up to date is it, but it should be close. Check the gift shops attached to rides and attractions and you'll find a lot.

Also, Google 'penny press universal orlando' and you'll find a few blog posts and discussions about the penny press offerings.

Penny collector was up-to-date as of July last summer. Lots of pressed pennies. They even have their own books. No Harry Potter pennies though:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter