Pressed Pennies?

I've also read that pennies made in 1983 & prior press better because after that, they used different metal in them. So, sort out your older pennies & good luck finding the antiques! Lol

I've also read that pennies made in 1983 & prior press better because after that, they used different metal in them. So, sort out your older pennies & good luck finding the antiques! Lol

I heard that also & spent some time looking for older ones, then trying to polish them up and finally gave it up as a huge pain. We brought my old polished ones along as well as a brand new roll of very shiny ones and all turned out just great. Unless they could somehow degrade over time or there is some value to coin collectors, I say use the new, shiny, easy-to-find ones!

By the way, a mini m&m's tube (emptied, of course ;) )makes a perfect holder for an alternating stack of 2quarters, 1 penny so that your coins are handy and ready to use when you find the machines.

You will also find some machines that press quarters - these cost $1.25 counting the quarter you squish.

Just to add, there are some great websites for maps and locations and if the machines are working currently. Presscoins.com is a great one.

The m&m's container is a great idea. I never thought of that and have been wondering how I am going to lug around all that change. It would be great to give each kid their own tube!

The m&m's container is a great idea. I never thought of that and have been wondering how I am going to lug around all that change. It would be great to give each kid their own tube!

I wish I could take credit for the idea. There's a Creative DISigns board here where people post these great ideas and even offer personalized graphics (free) you can print to make labels for your quarter container. I had not previously seen Mentos gum (only the candy chews that come wrapped in a column) but the gum container is oval - just right for holding your completed pressed pennies and the DISign board has labels for those as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter