• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pressed Pennies - Recent Report?

jenPSU

Mouseketeer
We are prepping for our January trip and need some intel on the new pressed penny machines. I heard on here a few months ago that Disney is switching out the older machines with new ones that provide pennies (so you can’t use your own) and take credit cards. My mother-in-law has been gathering pennies (pre-1982) and quarters to bring, but I am wondering if we will actually get to use them. Here are my specific questions:
-Does anyone know whether most of the machines have been switched over to the new machines? I saw a blog that seemed to suggest almost all had as of December.
-Do the new machines take quarters as payment? I thought I saw that some only take credit cards if you want to buy all the designs at once, something like 4-5 pennies. If you only want one, can you use quarters to pay or do you need $1 bills?
-Any reports on the quality of pennies you get from the new machines?

Thanks for the help!

We have seen a mix of old machines and new machines, roughly 50/50(we are here right now). The new machines don't take coins, only cards. The nice thing is the collections for $5(we have seen several that are 8 pennies for $5). The quality of the pennies in the new machines are awesome though, nice and shiny.

The new machines do take $1 bills as well. No coins though. The price on the new machines is $1 for 1 or $5 for 8 pennies on all the machines I've seen.

I admit the new machines are cheaper, easier and the pennies are nice and shiny but I kind of miss picking out the right pennies and shining them up myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter